Street Fighter Collection announced, 12 game compilation for PS4/PC/XBO/Switch

The original Street Fighter game launched in 1987, which means this year is the series' 30th anniversary, and to celebrate, Capcom has announced that they will be packing together 12 games from the Street Fighter franchise, in one compilation pack. Included will be the following:

• Street Fighter
  • Street Fighter II
  • Street Fighter II: The New Challengers
  • Street Fighter II: Champion Edition
  • Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting
  • Street Fighter II: Turbo
  • Street Fighter: Alpha
  • Street Fighter Alpha 2
  • Street Fighter Alpha 3
  • Street Fighter III
  • Street Fighter III: 2nd Impact
  • Street Fighter: 3rd Strike

Street Fighter II, II Turbo, Alpha 3, and 3rd Strike will also feature online multiplayer as well. Street Fighter Collection will be releasing sometime in May 2018, for the Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PC, and Xbox One.

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, without Street Fighter 4, the file size will be much smaller, which means it'll be much easier to pirate/download.

:^)

AyanamiRei0

GBATemp's Resident Evangelion fanboy.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, without Street Fighter 4, the file size will be much smaller, which means it'll be much easier to pirate/download.

:^)

Well really you could just emulate all these games and even play them online for free using fightcade for example so really no need to pirate it even.

Reactions: cvskid and LightyKD

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well really you could just emulate all these games and even play them online for free using fightcade for example so really no need to pirate it even.

Of course. Hell, even then, you could just pirate SF4..Does anyone even play that online anymore? I doubt it.

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People do still play USF4 online it's active than you think it would be.

21m70nk.gif

Ya learn something new everyday..

Oh wait. Yeah, I forgot. They keep fucking over characters in Street Fighter 5..so maybe it's not so surprising.

Last edited by DKB,
D

Deleted User

I kinda hope that there will be an unlockable definitive version for each game, something akin to Hyper Street Fighter Alpha.

The thought of being able to control what music plays on what stage for each character in Street Fighter III sounds really appealing, in all honesty. Like, you can have it set so that the gameplay is that of Third Strike, but with the stages from Second Impact and the music of New Generation.

That, or I've just been playing too much MUGEN lately.

Reactions: DarthDub

AyanamiRei0

GBATemp's Resident Evangelion fanboy.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I kinda hope that there will be an unlockable definitive version for each game, something akin to Hyper Street Fighter Alpha.

The thought of being able to control what music plays on what stage for each character in Street Fighter III sounds really appealing, in all honesty. Like, you can have it set so that the gameplay is that of Third Strike, but with the stages from Second Impact and the music of New Generation.

That, or I've just been playing too much MUGEN lately.
Yeah that would be cool being able to play 3rd Strike with the previous versions stages and music heck maybe the voices even.

D

Deleted User

Yeah that would be cool being able to play 3rd Strike with the previous versions stages and music heck maybe the voices even.
That would be cool. I always did have a soft spot for Alex's hammy line delivery in the first two versions.

cyb0rg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT:

N/m, according to the video the "Super" editions are included.
(Just didn't see "Super" mentioned in the list above.)

Last edited by cyb0rg,

fvig2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I wish they used Street Fighter Alpha 2 Gold though since it has a new character (Cammy) with her own story. Not that anyone really plays these games for the story. I think it was also before her voice actor changed.

Last edited by fvig2001,
Reactions: Carlos_DobleC

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs