Street Fighter Collection announced, 12 game compilation for PS4/PC/XBO/Switch

The original Street Fighter game launched in 1987, which means this year is the series' 30th anniversary, and to celebrate, Capcom has announced that they will be packing together 12 games from the Street Fighter franchise, in one compilation pack. Included will be the following:

• Street Fighter
  • Street Fighter II
  • Street Fighter II: The New Challengers
  • Street Fighter II: Champion Edition
  • Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting
  • Street Fighter II: Turbo
  • Street Fighter: Alpha
  • Street Fighter Alpha 2
  • Street Fighter Alpha 3
  • Street Fighter III
  • Street Fighter III: 2nd Impact
  • Street Fighter: 3rd Strike

Street Fighter II, II Turbo, Alpha 3, and 3rd Strike will also feature online multiplayer as well. Street Fighter Collection will be releasing sometime in May 2018, for the Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PC, and Xbox One.

D

Deleted User

The reality is that until around 10 or 15 years ago, developers and publishers did not take care of source codes. Especially with Japanese developers. There are bizarre cases of developers having to reverse engineer their own games.

It's why many ports of old games are based on ports themselves, because source code of later ports may exist but not sources for the original.
To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if they were all ports (except for Street Fighter I). Street Fighter II got a recent port, and I'm hoping they still have the source to the XBLA and PSP ports of III and Alpha 3, respectively.

Zukov

Dinosaur
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Well really you could just emulate all these games and even play them online for free using fightcade for example so really no need to pirate it even.
But SF3s ain't got that many players from my country on Fightcade (for a lag-free experience). So I'm really considering this software if it gets the people fighting online.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
While I do not think the Ultra HD set was very good at all, it's not included in this set so the release isn't now redundant. This appears to be literally the arcade games in a bundle.

I think the online play will be the main selling point for fans.

Sorry, misinterpreted. As you said, upscaling should never be counted as 'HD'. It should be about the rendered resolution, not the output resolution.
No worries. I can always explain myself if someone does misunderstand me.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
I always get it confused.
Its fine. When it comes to electronics, especially complicated things like computers and TV's, I don't expect people to get it right away.
It does need explaining. And people can confuse things. I don't know everything about them either and can get confused myself. So they require lots of research on my part to understand how anything works.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have, to this day, not been aware of the existence of Street Fighter 1.

Granted, there has to be one when there's the overly popular part 2 - but man, that game went dark fast.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: