Stupid things people say

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my opinion, any deep analysis on the Taylor Swift Reputation album cover is stupid. I read one comment that the newspaper effect skimped on the vocab. I couldn't understand that because the newspaper bit only has her name repeated ad nauseam. The title itself is fitting, but also really obvious because of the shit she's been up to the last year. In a way, this exemplifies overanalyzing pieces of art and making them better than what they actually are. The black and white of the album cover is fitting as well. Inasmuch that the message is way too obvious, there's no gray, there's no thought to be made, but people put thought into it, which is ridiculous. I don't like Swift's music, it's as bland as white bread. Since the Apple Music thing, I've really turned completely heel on her because at that point she seemed to be observed as the voice of music. Stupid, such a fight against Apple would've been so grand if it had voices from various genres, but no, one super successful person topples some empire. That's not inspiring, the strength of many combined, 1000 sheep over 5 lions (my Rambo 3 reference may be off), that's impressive. Such "insight" into a bland, totally not subtle album cover is appalling.

And really if it was just unveiled and nobody bothered analyzing it, I would just let it go, and not bother opening up about my disdain for this woman, but this week has proven otherwise.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
How ironic. :P
You have a grammar mistake in that sentence.
"foreign speaking members get there English mixed up!"
It's "their". Not "there".
That's quite sad, you know! but hay I will correct it just for you, just to keep you happy! I was writing the comment quick so I didn't pay much attention to the "there" part of the comment and more to the actual joke part which was quite funny and be honest, it was? and if you don't know what the difference between a "a wide Girth" and a " a wide Berth" then google them.

Last edited by Reecey,

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's quite sad, you know! but hay I will correct it just for you, just to keep you happy! I was writing the comment quick so I didn't pay much attention to the "there" part of the comment and more to the actual joke part which was quite funny and be honest, it was?
*whoosh* (the sound of his comment SOARING over your head)

Reactions: Reecey

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My ex wife once asked me "When spaceships go up in space, how come stars dont ping off the windshield". Yeah, and I was dumb enough to claim that lovely gem.

Well at least she didn't say the Sun was safe to land on at night.

BlastedGuy9905

where's the updated autopsy report
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's quite sad, you know! but hay I will correct it just for you, just to keep you happy! I was writing the comment quick so I didn't pay much attention to the "there" part of the comment and more to the actual joke part which was quite funny and be honest, it was? and if you don't know what the difference between a "a wide Girth" and a " a wide Berth" then google them.
Nah, no problem. Didn't mean it as a way to insult you.

Reactions: Reecey

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Nah, no problem. Didn't mean it as a way to insult you.
Its ok I wasn't really having ago I didn't mean to come across sarcastic at you. I have been picked up before on GBAtemp a few times about getting my words mixed up, last time I wrote "were" and I should of wrote "we're" and I got into a right rant and argument with the other member on the thread and the comments went on a while and that's probably why I got on my high horse with you.

Last edited by Reecey,

BlastedGuy9905

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*urge to kill... r i s i n g*
upload_2017-8-26_23-16-23.png

BlastedGuy9905

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Take a deep breath. Look at the profile picture.
upload_2017-8-28_19-31-43.png

Now, read the comment.
Now, (optional) get a bridge and jump.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

NOTE: I respect your opinions if you like NCS/Fade. Just the combination of a bad meme, a forgotten song and emojis makes me throw up.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm sure I'm missing dozens of gems, but here's an anekdote of my previous job. My colleague and me were both ICT tech desk, but I had long learned to be more evasive towards the...questions that weren't work related. My colleague, however, had problems fending this guy of who wanted to buy a new computer but had no idea about...anything.

Him: so I have to buy this HP desktop, right?
Colleague: well...yeah. If it's not a laptop. And other equipment, if you don't have it...?
Him: <blank stare>
Colleague: a keyboard? A mouse? Monitor?
Him: okay...so I can get these from HP too?
Colleague: erm...you can, yes.
Him: it's important that it's all from HP.
Colleague: <puzzled> but...why?
Him: because I have a printer from HP. It won't work if I buy a computer from another brand!

The guy was dead completely serious. If I hadn't burst out into laughter at that point, he probably would've attempted to prove my colleague wrong. :P

I once found a person saying "so look, stupid atheists, if the bing bang really existed, how did we survived the explosion and we do not die then?"
:rofl2:
Oh, man...it's been long since I really couldn't contain laughter when reading the internet.

"just be yourself" literally shittiest advice you can give
Yup...
society-1.jpg

View attachment 97353
"you must turn off your antivirus software"

"ok sir"
Okay, I admit it: this is the kind of advice I would dare to give. There ARE stupid questions, and the answer should be likewise. Or do you think that guy would somehow learn to think for himself if everyone just held his hand on even the most retarded questions.

BlastedGuy9905

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Him: so I have to buy this HP desktop, right?
Colleague: well...yeah. If it's not a laptop. And other equipment, if you don't have it...?
Him: <blank stare>
Colleague: a keyboard? A mouse? Monitor?
Him: okay...so I can get these from HP too?
Colleague: erm...you can, yes.
Him: it's important that it's all from HP.
Colleague: <puzzled> but...why?
Him: because I have a printer from HP. It won't work if I buy a computer from another brand!

The guy was dead completely serious. If I hadn't burst out into laughter at that point, he probably would've attempted to prove my colleague wrong.
Oh. That's... sad, actually.

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2 exits in a parking lot. One has a "no exit" sign. Customer is near that exit dropping off his wife to the nearby building.

Customer: Excuse me!
Me: Yes?
C: I'm trying to park, how do I get out of here?
Me: Excuse me?
C: (repeats himself)
Me (very confused): I'm sorry?
C: (repeats)
Me: If you're trying to park, why do you want to leave?
C: They told me to park down there (points to far end of lot), so I need to get out so I can get down there?
Me: What? Just go there....
C: But the sign says "not an exit.'
Me: So?!
C: So how do I get out?
Me in very annoyed tone: Turn your steering wheel, press the gas pedal, turn around, and go that direction. You don't need to leave the lot to drive in another direction.
C: OOOOOOHHHHHHH!
Me: (slowly raises gun to head)

For the record, the sign even says right on it to turn around, as if this wasn't bad enough...

...I get this shit daily. I could write a book.

Last edited by MadMageKefka,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling.