ROM Hack Summon Night Swordcraft Story: Beginnings Stone

Ryuzekia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Made an account just for this, I had found out there was a 3rd game in the series about 4 years ago only to find out it was in Japanese, forgot about it then had the urge to play the series again recently. Found a link to here on a random YouTube comment and I'm glad to see there has been a translation in the works. Pretty excited and glad people remember and love these games. Tried what's available at the moment, can't wait for patch to be complete, keep up the great work.

Reactions: Pablitox

Mylon_The_Cat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a random commenter who made an account to comment. Been following for a while. So, question.

What's the importance of doing the credits? I don't tend to read the credits - and I don't know anyone that does. I'm really eager to play this game, and I'd rather it not take any unneeded (imo) time, y'know? Seems like a waste of time to me, the random commenter on the internet who has no idea how to do any of the stuff you're doing.

kirito1215

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone!

I wanted to give an update on the project. Things are going well so far, @GHANMI, @Nevik_9191 and I are translating the remaining graphics (credits and game's options menu), while @Salixa is proofreading the script. Sadly I still didn't get any news from @EarthDarkness, so the insertion will have to wait a bit.

Btw, @Nevik_9191 made some banners to spread all possible info about the project. Everyone is free to use it in their signature!

For people that are currently helping in the project:

wlVxME2.png

For people supporting the project:

zCzg12S.png

Cheers!

Finally some news ^_^

What are the photos for help and support for?

And how can I help finally found my cousin who understands kanji?

Salixa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a random commenter who made an account to comment. Been following for a while. So, question.

What's the importance of doing the credits? I don't tend to read the credits - and I don't know anyone that does. I'm really eager to play this game, and I'd rather it not take any unneeded (imo) time, y'know? Seems like a waste of time to me, the random commenter on the internet who has no idea how to do any of the stuff you're doing.

Well, it's not making it go any slower either. The most important things right now are script insertion and translation/proofreading, but not everyone has the necessary skills or time. For quite a while now we've had only a single person able to do each of those roles. One of whom has been MIA for a very long time. Honestly the fact that people still have hope for this project amazes me. Anyway, point is everyone has their own way to contribute and that's fine. I certainly don't expect anyone to learn another language or start studying programming so they can help a group of strangers on the internet translate an obscure 12 year old game.

And how can I help finally found my cousin who understands kanji?

All the files are publicly available here: https://github.com/salixa/SNSC3-Translation
So there's another hurdle here in that you'll have to learn how to use GitHub. The official tutorial (https://guides.github.com/activities/hello-world/) is a good way to start, and there are plenty of guides available.
That will cover most of what you need to contribute. There are other tools I use, but that can wait for another time.

Last edited by Salixa,
Reactions: Pablitox

Tomy66

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I found of walktrough of this game that is subbed but idk is useful to you guys.Also i don't know if you prefer to translate it by yourself of using it as a guide.
But i can't paste the link, i got an advertisement that says it's spam u.u

MaverickZero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi everyone!

I wanted to give an update on the project. Things are going well so far, @GHANMI, @Nevik_9191 and I are translating the remaining graphics (credits and game's options menu), while @Salixa is proofreading the script. Sadly I still didn't get any news from @EarthDarkness, so the insertion will have to wait a bit.

Btw, @Nevik_9191 made some banners to spread all possible info about the project. Everyone is free to use it in their signature!

For people that are currently helping in the project:

wlVxME2.png

For people supporting the project:

zCzg12S.png

Cheers!
Wow awesome!
I cant wait for the next update, and cool idea with the banners too!
One question, are teleport locations in the teleporter going to be translated?
Because that would be kinda useful.

Last edited by MaverickZero,

Pablitox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi everyone! I wanted to give a brief update on the project, as there are some news to give:

So far everything is going smoothly. @Salixa has made some improvements on the script of the game (which is always good). @Nevik_9191 , @GHANMI and I are translating the graphics. The only problem, though, is the script insertion. I decided to give @EarthDarkness time until 2nd January of 2018 to give us an update on the project. If he doesn't appear then I'll take it as a leave from the project (that means I'm going to have to look for another person to help us).

That's all the updates from my side. See ya soon!

Pablitox.

Zelly_9191

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello everyone! I need your help!
The translation team and I have a private discord for working on the game we would love it if someone here could make an image for the server icon.
To remind us of the fantastic support you have been providing!
BUT WAIT! I hear you say. Where can I show off my awesome art?!?

Well, I'm glad you asked. I'm happy to introduce The Summon Night Comunity Discord!
Remember: Be kind and respectful GBA temp forum rules and discord rules still apply.
Chat, make art, support us with encouragement, and best of all get more notifications about updates!
Feel free to design a Server icon for the community as well. we'll use the best one you make.
All submissions even if they are not used are seen and appreciated.
Thanks for the support, we are working as quick as we can.
@Pablitox will have to post the link as I cannot for some reason.

TheZu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Necroing myself after an eternity of absence because I feel like I should apologize for bailing on short notice four years ago. Life n such, but that's a bad excuse.

The folks who stuck around to this day are unsung champions in my book.

Now, life n such means I won't rejoin the project, but the apology and words of encouragement were still in order.

Pablitox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Necroing myself after an eternity of absence because I feel like I should apologize for bailing on short notice four years ago. Life n such, but that's a bad excuse.

The folks who stuck around to this day are unsung champions in my book.

Now, life n such means I won't rejoin the project, but the apology and words of encouragement were still in order.
old folks are coming back, now we need someone like Aent or Ritchburn and we'll probably get this done. xD

Mylon_The_Cat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any idea when it -might- be done? (I know there probably won't be any actual estimates or exacts).

Sorry- I'm being impatient for a project I know I'll have to be patient for. But damn do I wanna play this game in English.

D

Deleted User

Any idea when it -might- be done? (I know there probably won't be any actual estimates or exacts).

Sorry- I'm being impatient for a project I know I'll have to be patient for. But damn do I wanna play this game in English.
I would say roughly a year or so. It depends on @EarthDarkness staying m.i.a. or they find a replacement.
@Pablitox Feel free to correct me.

Last edited by ,

Zooasaurus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Signed up just for this. So if it's finished will you post the whole translated rom somewhere? So it's not just the patch

Pablitox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hey guys! Long time no see.

In an effort to clean up all that happened so far with this translation, I decided to update the main thread to reflect our current situation.

As you see, a good chunk of the game has been translated, but there are some positions we need to fill asap to ensure the game will get completed.

Any doubts/concern/people looking to help us is welcome to mail me at [email protected], either that or our discord: https://discord.gg/2FMCTs8

Many thanks!!!!!

(BTW @EarthDarkness pls come back!).

kirito1215

Trophies
XP
Country
Guys do you want to dub snsm3 in the near future. I'll volunteer to do the insertion. I saw a page teaching how hahaha

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended