ROM Hack Summon Night X ~Tears Crown~ Translation

Dillan-kun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Playing on desmume i found a bug on Fang's parliament quest! The quest "Assassination Plot" when Elnadita reveals to be the culprit, the game freeze everytime! I confirmed the bug three times!

Attachments

• Bug.PNG
    Bug.PNG
    115.7 KB · Views: 913
Reactions: Pablitox

Dillan-kun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Found some text errors!
Image 1 "Cave Crystal" quest.
Image 2 "Ultimate Fish Dish" quest.

Attachments

• text error.PNG
    text error.PNG
    694.9 KB · Views: 1,137
  • text error 2.PNG
    text error 2.PNG
    126.7 KB · Views: 596

Englishsubs4all

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Playing on desmume i found a bug on Fang's parliament quest! The quest "Assassination Plot" when Elnadita reveals to be the culprit, the game freeze everytime! I confirmed the bug three times!

I have no idea why this one is happening. I tested that quest on DesMuMe 0.9.12 x64 and it worked fine. Make sure you're not using any cheats and that you're not using turbo mode and see if it works then.

Dillan-kun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have no idea why this one is happening. I tested that quest on DesMuMe 0.9.12 x64 and it worked fine. Make sure you're not using any cheats and that you're not using turbo mode and see if it works then.
I using desmume 0.9.11 and no cheats or turbo mode! so i don't know what happen, sorry!

Dillan-kun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok the quest worked now, i activated the advanced bus-level timing and now worked, sorry for the trouble!

Dillan-kun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok the quest worked now, i activated the advanced bus-level timing and now worked, sorry for the trouble!
Forget about this, i tested several times, and the bug doesn't happen when i just save the game and start the event, i don't know why!

Attachments

• Quest.PNG
    Quest.PNG
    89.3 KB · Views: 462
Last edited by Dillan-kun,
Reactions: Blobbio

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Haven't logged in for quite a while (been extremely busy with university classes, especially Japanese ones ironically), seeing this only two weeks after the fact makes me disappointed in myself. Either way, I now know what I shall be doing this weekend, thanks for the work you've done so far. ^^

Blobbio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Been trying to manually insert the translated text for the scroll at the start using Crystaltile2, but it's looking a bit wonky at the moment...

Someone else could probably do a better job (I couldn't seem to fix the alignment). The file is called "St_Ev_Scroll_100.bst" in the 'shellscreen' folder, if anyone wants to try.

My edited file can be downloaded here

Attachments

• 4370 - Summon Night X - Tears Crown (engbeta) VER2__31385.png
    4370 - Summon Night X - Tears Crown (engbeta) VER2__31385.png
    33.1 KB · Views: 704
  • 4370 - Summon Night X - Tears Crown (engbeta) VER2__31418.png
    4370 - Summon Night X - Tears Crown (engbeta) VER2__31418.png
    30.7 KB · Views: 516
Last edited by Blobbio,

Blobbio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
On a totally different note, for some reason the game keeps freezing when I try and save in the Undersea Corridor, at the blue save-point right before the boss battle. The screen goes black and the music freezes (similar to the other times).

It doesn’t seem to happen every time, but has happened for me 3 times now in this area (I’ve been trying to grind, but I keep losing progress!)

The screenshot I’ve attached shows the area in which it happens (the video wouldn’t be that helpful, since it’s just a black screen)

Attachments

• F8972476-064B-49A2-87DC-9FFD3F0B093A.jpeg
    F8972476-064B-49A2-87DC-9FFD3F0B093A.jpeg
    174.9 KB · Views: 407
  • D7A4BBB0-6DA3-4150-BDD4-93C0FF7C794B.jpeg
    D7A4BBB0-6DA3-4150-BDD4-93C0FF7C794B.jpeg
    183 KB · Views: 420

Blobbio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I beat the game quite a while ago (over a month) but doesn't seem like you'll be doing any more patches, so I doubt it would be worth posting about stuff I encountered. It was nothing game-breaking anyway, just very minor typos that no one would care about. For the record, ridiculously fun game that I can imagine going back to (it's rare that you get such a satisfying, oldschool turn-based RPG nowadays)

In the chance that you're reading this though, how likely do you think you'd be to pick up Summon Night 1-3 on DS? I think there's still a translation tool lying around that someone made years ago, IIRC.

Beat Summon Night 6 recently and there's clearly a huge amount of lore and interesting backstory in the series. Got a real craving to play the games we've been missing out on :/ Might be an interesting project for you as well, if you want to understand the origins of the series/world.

Last edited by Blobbio,

Pablitox

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I beat the game quite a while ago (over a month) but doesn't seem like you'll be doing any more patches, so I doubt it would be worth posting about stuff I encountered. It was nothing game-breaking anyway, just very minor typos that no one would care about. For the record, ridiculously fun game that I can imagine going back to (it's rare that you get such a satisfying, oldschool turn-based RPG nowadays)

In the chance that you're reading this though, how likely do you think you'd be to pick up Summon Night 1-3 on DS? I think there's still a translation tool lying around that someone made years ago, IIRC.

Beat Summon Night 6 recently and there's clearly a huge amount of lore and interesting backstory in the series. Got a real craving to play the games we've been missing out on :/ Might be an interesting project for you as well, if you want to understand the origins of the series/world.
actually it's only SN 1 and 2. 3 to 5 were released on the PSP.

Englishsubs4all

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I have the tool you're talking about. I'm not keen on doing it right now because the extracted text isn't in a translator-friendly format and unlike with SNX, there's graphical text that's essential to playing the game (all the battle menus are graphical text, for example). That tool was created in 2008 by the same person that created the tool for SNX, so don't count on the tool being fixed any time soon.

TheGuyMadeOfTofu

Trophies
XP
Country
So this was the secret game you mentioned in that one other thread. Well shit. Thats 1 more less from the list of games ive been wanting to play.

Pablitox

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I have the tool you're talking about. I'm not keen on doing it right now because the extracted text isn't in a translator-friendly format and unlike with SNX, there's graphical text that's essential to playing the game (all the battle menus are graphical text, for example). That tool was created in 2008 by the same person that created the tool for SNX, so don't count on the tool being fixed any time soon.

If it helps, I have all the story scripts ripped and available on a google drive folder. A bunch of stuff has been translated already too.

Blobbio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If it helps, I have all the story scripts ripped and available on a google drive folder. A bunch of stuff has been translated already too.
I really hope he gets in touch with you, since that would make translation a bit easier >___<

And I'm sure people would be willing to help with the graphics...

Duke_Alucard

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't know if the project still open but... There is a bug were the game crashes and the emulation is automatically closed when u try to select the skill "Miracle Jump" from the summon Dolfie the bug happens no matter how you try to look at that skill, even in the upgrade screen when u press R at the previous skill. Is sad cause in battle u can use it and says if u upgraded would heal all status ailments ;-;
Print Summon night 2.png
Print Summon night.png
Print Summon night 3.png

Englishsubs4all

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See if the attached patch file fixes the issue with Miracle Jump. Be sure to back up your ROM first, since this is untested. If it works, I'll add it to the first post.

Attachments

• summonx-test.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 440
Reactions: Duke_Alucard

Duke_Alucard

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
See if the attached patch file fixes the issue with Miracle Jump. Be sure to back up your ROM first, since this is untested. If it works, I'll add it to the first post.

I'm sad to say didn't worked ;-;

[00:40:47] Original file "4370 - Summon Night X - Tears Crown (JP).nds" selected.
[00:40:53] Patch file "summonx-test.xdelta" selected, description found:

Summon Night X Dolfe fix test

[00:40:54] Applying patch, please wait... (don't panic!)
[00:40:55] An error has occurred: xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking +1