Sephiroth79

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello,

I don't know if it can help but I've noticed that my switch always crash if I change controller configuration whilst it's booting.

System crashes and I can only see sub menu whit "sleep option" which however doesn't work. I have to reboot the system pressing for 14 seconds power button to get the system boot properly again.

Ciao.

Nerdtendo

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What they said. It's probably not a big deal, but make sure you report it to Nintendo so it can be on the radar for a future patch.

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There isnt any point. My guess is it was simply loading drivers for the joycons in the background and when it lost connection to them it crashed because it didnt know what to do.

Reactions: Deleted User

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I don't know if it can help but I've noticed that my switch always crash if I change controller configuration whilst it's booting.

System crashes and I can only see sub menu whit "sleep option" which however doesn't work. I have to reboot the system pressing for 14 seconds power button to get the system boot properly again.

Ciao.
System version?

SimonMKWii

Professional Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I don't understand...
What do you mean by change controller configuration?
Do you mean removing or attaching the Joy-Cons while the Nintendo/Switch logo is showing?

Mine just boots normally.

Somario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello,

Ciao.
You are male, Italian, 38 years old and you like Final Fantasy VII.
Are you sure not to be me? :-)

Sephiroth79

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't understand...
What do you mean by change controller configuration?
Do you mean removing or attaching the Joy-Cons while the Nintendo/Switch logo is showing?

Mine just boots normally.

Yes, exactly. If I switch my console on and whilst is booting I remove from the joy-cons the "black part" used to play with Mario Odissey for example (I mean the parts with + and - having straps on the bottom side) system hangs.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You are male, Italian, 38 years old and you like Final Fantasy VII.
Are you sure not to be me? :-)

Haha, maybe. :-)

Where are you from?

Somario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes, exactly. If I switch my console on and whilst is booting I remove from the joy-cons the "black part" used to play with Mario Odissey for example (I mean the parts with + and - having straps on the bottom side) system hangs.

Haha, maybe. :-)

Where are you from?
Macerata, and you?

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
If I switch my console on and whilst is booting I remove from the joy-cons the "black part" used to play with Mario Odissey for example (I mean the parts with + and - having straps on the bottom side) system hangs.
What? You mean that if you boot up your Switch and remove the Straps on the JoyCons the system crashes?
But how?

Sephiroth79

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Macerata, and you?

Frosinone

What? You mean that if you boot up your Switch and remove the Straps on the JoyCons the system crashes?
But how?

I did not say that. I am saying that I am removing the "black part" as shown in the attached picture.

Attachments

• CI_NintendoSwitch_Controllers_11_CMM_Standard_propn.jpg
    CI_NintendoSwitch_Controllers_11_CMM_Standard_propn.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 182

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I did not say that. I am saying that I am removing the "black part" as shown in the attached picture.
Those are the straps ._.
Either way that's really weird because the straps don't actually "connect" with the joycons (I mean the same way the nunchuks connect with the wiimotes) so I don't believe the Switch is crashing because of that

Sephiroth79

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Those are the straps ._.
Either way that's really weird because the straps don't actually "connect" with the joycons (I mean the same way the nunchuks connect with the wiimotes) so I don't believe the Switch is crashing because of that

I was thinking that with straps you was meaning the strings you are supposed to pass around your wrists. :-)

I think that in some way the straps are connected to the joy-cons otherwise I can't see how does the swith "undestand" you're using them.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I was thinking that with straps you was meaning the strings you are supposed to pass around your wrists. :-)

I think that in some way the straps are connected to the joy-cons otherwise I can't see how does the swith "undestand" you're using them.
It doesn't. They're just plastic pieces with some lightrails for the LED indicators and L/R buttons that press onto the tiny SL/SR buttons on the JoyCons themselves.
You don't need to use them when a game tells you to, you can just ignore the message. Although some things may be harder due to how tiny and hard to press the regular SL/SR buttons are (Example: the Milk minigame in 1-2-Switch is unplayable without the straps)

Reactions: AxlSt00pid

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
It doesn't. They're just plastic pieces with some lightrails for the LED indicators and L/R buttons that press onto the tiny SL/SR buttons on the JoyCons themselves.
You don't need to use them when a game tells you to, you can just ignore the message. Although some things may be harder due to how tiny and hard to press the regular SL/SR buttons are (Example: the Milk minigame in 1-2-Switch is unplayable without the straps)
Exactly, so maybe OP has a faulty Switch or it's just a bug

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol