Your friendly Austrian IT Guy
OP
Trophies
Website
epiclper.com
XP
Country
Austria
Sorry, this post is really out of date... I can't keep up with all the news around the Switch anymore due to personal stuff.
I'd love if someone would help keeping this up to date tho! Please contact me via DM and we can arrange something, thanks :)

------------

If you still want to read the old stuff you can do so by expanding the spoiler.

Latest News:

• Someone was able to dump the Switch Kernel and they're now investigating how to hack the Switch further. Stay tuned!
  • Nintendo has finally disallowed older firmware Switches to go online... Update to 3.0.0 as long as you can.

------------

To get rid of the update nag:
  • Set 173.255.238.217 as your primary DNS in the settings
  • Complete power off the console (hold power button > Power Options > Power Off)
  • Turn back on

Like in the "old Wii U days" where we had an active and ever so blooming thread with Homebrew, Discussion, Suggestions, Drama, Trolls and more I'd love to see something like this for the Switch again.
This is the reason for this thread. I'll try and update this post with useful information as much as I can and you guys can help doing so! If something new arises from the hacking community simply post it in here and, if possible, mention me so I'll see it instantly. I can then easily update this post to reflect the newest and hottest Switch news.
Of course, inspired by @filfat and a huge thanks for the Wii U thread he made which sadly over the past few months went more and more inactive.

Useful Links

Tools By The Community

Proof of Concept Exploits

These exploits are of no use for non-developer people and only show what will be possible soon!

Current Userfriendly Exploits

Exploits that everyone can easily set up and use.
  • None

FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
  • Can we run Homebrew yet?
    No. It's far too early but the hacking community makes steady progress.
  • Should I stay on FW 1.0.0?
    Probably not. You'd have no way to run the exploit since there's no browser or anything else helpful.
  • Should I update beyond 2.0.0?
    No, stay on 2.0.0 for now since everything still works like online play and downloading games when using the above mentioned DNS.
    Yes, Nintendo has disallowed low-firmware Switches to go online. Update to 3.0.0 as long as you can.
  • What's with all these Emulator videos popping up online?
    All fake. These are simply videos played via the web browser with some of the above mentioned tools.

Last edited by EpicLPer,

EpicLPer

OP
Trophies
Website
epiclper.com
XP
Country
Austria
Yeah, it's more like a way to run an exploit :b (if there will be one that takes advantage of this flaw)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also: https://twitter.com/qwertyoruiopz/status/840406087568392192/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw
Well, it's really easy to do a fake-thingy with a Proxy ;)

Here's me playing around with it as example:

jakibaki

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, it's really easy to do a fake-thingy with a Proxy ;)

Here's me playing around with it as example:
https://twitter.com/EpicLPer/status/841001816158531585
It's not a fake thingy! Qwerty is very credible (released an iOS-jailbreak using the same webkit-vulnerability as the entry-point) and someone else already linked this poc of it.

Also can you maybe add a link to this? It's essentially an easier way to go to any website (through it should not be used for something private because it's possible to redirect some traffic to bad websites, I don't but I could in theory).

EDIT: Thanks!

Last edited by jakibaki,
Reactions: iAqua

EpicLPer

OP
Trophies
Website
epiclper.com
XP
Country
Austria
Also can you maybe add a link to this? It's essentially an easier way to go to any website (through it should not be used for something private because it's possible to redirect the traffic to bad websites, I don't but I could in theory).
Added!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Aren't you the guy who hate daddy smea?

Still think it's too early for this kind of thread tbh
I was, but lately that guy proofed to be somewhat "less dickish" than he was back in the early days of Wii U/3DS exploits and well, I laid off the "hate boner" I had against him ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: