Homebrew Switch Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

Amino

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi,

it is enough to set DNS on 205.166.76.187 to be Safe on 3.0.0 or should i change anything on my Fritzbox to ?

Duhasst0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3.0.0 introduced the ability to play using the Pro Controller via wired connection, compatibility with the Pokken controller (which is USB) and thanks to that the Mayflash Gamecube to Wii U adapter can be used to emulate a Pokken controller. I don't think stuff like generic controllers work out of the box but if your controller can have its firmware updated it is possible to make it compatible (if you know how to alter the controller's fw that is).

If you look at Nintendo website you a will notice that there are a few 2rd party controllers you cn get that work wirelessly with the switch. For example I bought the NES FC30 8bitdo controller and connects flawlessly to the unit.

I keep reading all these posts about people whining about updating and why the devs never said... blah blah blah. Been in the homebrew seen since the PSP, several hacked systems, a favorite hobby of mine. Never once has the thought of updating my console entered my head until I figured things out. Even with newer fw. In the end it's your console do what you do, don't whine and complain and post about how you updated and now screwed. Sorry, but learning can be hard. As for these ps3 comments dudes, dudettes they have cfw for that, and the devs will be sure to start all that once there ready.

So let's sit back crack open a cold one and be patient, cause good things come to those who wait.

Reactions: Deleted-355425

delta nite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you look at Nintendo website you a will notice that there are a few 2rd party controllers you cn get that work wirelessly with the switch. For example I bought the NES FC30 8bitdo controller and connects flawlessly to the unit.

I keep reading all these posts about people whining about updating and why the devs never said... blah blah blah. Been in the homebrew seen since the PSP, several hacked systems, a favorite hobby of mine. Never once has the thought of updating my console entered my head until I figured things out. Even with newer fw. In the end it's your console do what you do, don't whine and complain and post about how you updated and now screwed. Sorry, but learning can be hard. As for these ps3 comments dudes, dudettes they have cfw for that, and the devs will be sure to start all that once there ready.

So let's sit back crack open a cold one and be patient, cause good things come to those who wait.
I actually own a NES 30 Pro myself. The controllers on Nintendo's website are all licensed, what I said is that even if your controller of choice is not licensed, if it has upgradable fw (the controller not the Switch) the developers may add Switch compatibility via Bluetooth on all fw or via USB on 3.0.0+.

Agree with you on not updating. I'm holding onto 3.0.0 myself. The only stuff I'd update for would be a new F-Zero or Pokémon, but the former is as unlikely as ever and the latter is 2019 minimum so I guess we'll have a better grasp on what will be possible with Homebrew at that point and it'll be easier for me to make a decision to keep Homebrew or not.

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry if this is a repeated unanswered question, but i heard that the gamecube with mayflash adapter will work. does this mean it will work natively?

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Which retail games do have 3.0.0 or below and can be played? Is there a list somewhere? (should be added to the FAQ)

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Which retail games do have 3.0.0 or below and can be played? Is there a list somewhere? (should be added to the FAQ)
Apparently, not all of them are guaranteed to work anymore. I tried Street Fighter and it wouldn't run at all, even when selecting to skip downloading the update.

Alepsis10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

it is enough to set DNS on 205.166.76.187 to be Safe on 3.0.0 or should i change anything on my Fritzbox to ?
I also want to know this, my switch is 2.3.0 if I'm not mistaken, I haven't configured the internet yet, do I only need that Primary DNS and that's it?

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Apparently, not all of them are guaranteed to work anymore. I tried Street Fighter and it wouldn't run at all, even when selecting to skip downloading the update.
That sucks. You've been online but with DNS blocking, right?
Seems like I should keep my Switch offline forever when I buy one until some NNU Patcher and spoofing comes out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs