Homebrew Switch Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

eworm

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Can I just say how much I appreciate first posts that are informative, constantly updated, succinct and precise in what they're saying and visually comprehensible? Good job, Sir Epic, good job.

Might I offer an FAQ question:
Does Switch install the system updates automatically and if so, is there a way to block that from happening?

Also, I would probably add one thing to the answer about the 2.0 update - namely that it's recommended to install it ASAP, because when Switch gets a new update, it'll probably render 1.0s unable to update to 2.0 without updating even further (possibly blocking some possible exploits). Or am I mistaken about this?

EpicLPer

Your friendly Austrian IT Guy
OP
Trophies
Website
epiclper.com
XP
Country
Austria
Can I just say how much I appreciate first posts that are informative, constantly updated, succinct and precise in what they're saying and visually comprehensible? Good job, Sir Epic, good job.

Might I offer an FAQ question:
Does Switch install the system updates automatically and if so, is there a way to block that from happening?

Also, I would probably add one thing to the answer about the 2.0 update - namely that it's recommended to install it ASAP, because when Switch gets a new update, it'll probably render 1.0s unable to update to 2.0 without updating even further (possibly blocking some possible exploits). Or am I mistaken about this?
Firs of all thanks :)

About the FAQ question, do we know for sure yet? So far I don't know if we can block updates via URLs.

AecdArmy

Biscuit#0001
Trophies
Website
mariebot.tech
XP
Country
Australia
Firs of all thanks :)

About the FAQ question, do we know for sure yet? So far I don't know if we can block updates via URLs.

I blocked 2 servers it was looking for when I went into the Updates Page I pressed on System Updates and it showed a connection error not sure if it would be enough though I would past the links just im not on my PC right now

PhyChris

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So the switch uses eFUSE's and 2.0 Update or later 'may' start "blowing" them to stop downgrading?

Just trying to catch up here :)

juicypop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It was answered in another thread and also I just did the step and updated it since I wanted to have access to the eshop.

Maybe you could add on the first post that the system update automatically takes you to the latest firmware 2.1.0
There were no options given to choose from.

Inkadinkadoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To get rid of the update nag:
  • Set 205.166.76.187 as your primary DNS in the settings
  • Complete power off the console (hold power button > Power Options > Power Off)
  • Turn back on
I think it should be noted that if you change your DNS to avoid the update nag, you won't be able to use the eShop.

James0607

Trophies
XP
Country
I think it should be noted that if you change your DNS to avoid the update nag, you won't be able to use the eShop.

And if you go on the news on the switch and try watch a video all the switch is frozen and have to hold the power button down for 1 minute to reset it, i was scared thinking i had bricked it lol

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Probs shouldn't have updated to 2.1, then again I feel Nintendo likely didn't patch anything obvious since nothing was known.

Not sure if I should put on DNS now and lose access to the eShop or just keep using the eShop.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: I have seen the new 52 and dcau animated movies I think they take every opportunity to say his...