Homebrew Switch Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

P4wn4g3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hate to be that guy, but since they are offering bounties on this wouldn't it be best to secure the info somehow? I'd be surprised if the exploits last all that long on a public forum this time around.

Anyway, best of luck. I was hoping there was already a homebrew out so I could put more stuff on my switch.

Reactions: Deleted User

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hate to be that guy, but since they are offering bounties on this wouldn't it be best to secure the info somehow? I'd be surprised if the exploits last all that long on a public forum this time around.

Anyway, best of luck. I was hoping there was already a homebrew out so I could put more stuff on my switch.

I can't say this for sure but I'm certain Nintendo would look around to see if the exploit is public anyway and refuse payment. I don't think anyone can just claim themselves the author of a hack/exploit and grab some cash.

Reactions: Deleted User

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question, it may sound stupid but I am on FW 2.1.0 atm if I stay on that version would I still be able to use
potential future homebrew entry points?

P4wn4g3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TC mentioned that he was able to utilize the Wii U settings to make the Switch system crash. Does this mean one can install a program that recognizes the Switch filesystem and plug it into the USB to manage files?

James0607

Trophies
XP
Country
Been looking at the switch file that gets saved to the micro SD and alot of Microsoft windows lines are in it.

even some opinions for USB keyboard, Webcam and mouse that are set to off.

To find file just put in the micro SD into the switch and then when after it restarts just take card and put into laptop and look at folder Nintendo.

may not be useful to anybody but i just find it odd that it has a list of windows OS and a lot of lines are for windows.

A3IGvTz.jpg

KHk4Ar8.jpg

WDZkVoX.jpg

HitchensRIP

Trophies
XP
Country
Malta
So I turned on my Switch after turning it off 2 weeks after launch

I think I'm on 2.0 cos I remember updating it and it is now telling me I have an update = not on latest

OP says I can access eShop

I set DSN indicated in OP and reboot, but cannot access eShop, however I managed to download and patch BotW

Is this "you can access eShop" thingy dead ?

Cochu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I just hope that if anyone finds a vulnerability or maybe a possibility of piratery before a lot of games are published, they shouldn't make it public, it would mean third parties making less games for it because of course if you make a game you want to gain some kind of profit out of it right?

HitchensRIP

Trophies
XP
Country
Malta
IF YOU'RE STILL ON 2.0.0 DO NOT UPDATE TO 2.2.0, YOU CAN STILL ACCESS THE eSHOP BY REBOOTING YOUR SWITCH!

To get rid of the update nag:
  • Set 205.166.76.187 as your primary DNS in the settings
  • Complete power off the console (hold power button > Power Options > Power Off)
  • Turn back on

Im on 2.0 and I cannot access the eShop after doing the above. Any idea (apart from updating) ?

Last edited by HitchensRIP,

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just hope that if anyone finds a vulnerability or maybe a possibility of piratery before a lot of games are published, they shouldn't make it public, it would mean third parties making less games for it because of course if you make a game you want to gain some kind of profit out of it right?
the kind of impact of this kind of this kind of hacking on those companies is very minimal.

grubgrub

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Im on 2.0 and I cannot access the eShop after doing the above. Any idea (apart from updating) ?

1) To access the eshop on 2.0.0 just need to shutdown and restart.
Then quickly go to the eshop before it has time to check your version.

2) Another way is to block the the following URL's in your router:

sun.hac.lp1.d4c.nintendo.net
beach.hac.lp1.eshop.nintendo.net

Then you can access the eshop anytime and dont have to worry about the update nag.

Reactions: HitchensRIP

HitchensRIP

Trophies
XP
Country
Malta
1) To access the eshop on 2.0.0 just need to shutdown and restart.
Then quickly go to the eshop before it has time to check your version.

2) Another way is to block the the following URL's in your router:

sun.hac.lp1.d4c.nintendo.net
beach.hac.lp1.eshop.nintendo.net

Then you can access the eshop anytime and dont have to worry about the update nag.

Ive set the DSN as per OP and that seems to have blocked the update nag

the "you have to be quick" part I didnt know - I will try once I get home

anhminh

Pirate since 2010
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Compare to other recently scene, Switch doesn't do too good because it doesn't have backward compatibility which usually the first thing that get exploited.

So either this mean we can get Switch exploit faster because there isn't anything else to focus on or we have to wait very long time because almost everyone fetch without an easy entry.

EpicLPer

Your friendly Austrian IT Guy
OP
Trophies
Website
epiclper.com
XP
Country
Austria
I've updated the DNS address to 173.255.238.217 now since that seems to be a better solution. You're still able to access the eShop (with a reboot) and play online with that one.

Reactions: MSco

MSco

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I can even download game updates with this DNS. However, this DNS blocks system updates very well. It shows, that there is an system update available, but you cannot download it.
Seems to be the best solution. :)

eworm

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The first post could maybe use some information about the safety boot? The one with both the volume buttons pressed? And what it can do? Maybe?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night