Homebrew Switch Homebrew Launcher

D

Deleted User

Same, but hopefully with that modchip we'll get HBL/CFW !
Unsigned priv'd code exec would be great
I agree. People are getting so caught up with TX did something really bad and unreasonable, yet if they pull through, we will have access to more than just userland homebrew. Piracy for some, ROM hacks for others, the possibilities are endless! It really is excited. The scene is progressing, not regressing.

Ryuzaki_MrL

Green Thunder
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The reason for the simple UI is probably because it's using software rendering. The GPU is not documented yet, so rendering is going to be a very expensive task on the CPU until then.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
The official "competition" is between Xecuter and hedgeberg. Plutoo actually seems to be a pretty good sport through all this
Hedgeberg had a pretty salty response. HOWEVER, it could prove to be beneficial in the long run.

D

Deleted User

Hedgeberg had a pretty salty response. HOWEVER, it could prove to be beneficial in the long run.
It could, but if it will be rushed (which I assume it will be if Xecuter already has theirs working) then it might prove harmful to the community. Besides, something polished enough to be paid for will most likely be better than freeware.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
It could, but if it will be rushed (which I assume it will be if Xecuter already has theirs working) then it might prove harmful to the community. Besides, something polished enough to be paid for will most likely be better than freeware.

Well of course.

D

Deleted User

Well of course.
My biggest issue with Hedgeberg's threat is her promise that she will very publicly RE the chip they send out. If she looked at it, took the code to make her own, free CFW, then she would be discouraging the developers of her own community.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
My biggest issue with Hedgeberg's threat is her promise that she will very publicly RE the chip they send out. If she looked at it, took the code to make her own, free CFW, then she would be discouraging the developers of her own community.
Double edged sword then, huh?

Reactions: Deleted User

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yay!!! February? That's was quick!
I won't update though. I will sit on 2.2.0 and wait for the scene to mature a little more.

I don't understand why it has to be on 3.0.0 and not lower FWs. Did Nintendo introduced a vulnerability in 3.0.0?
Is it became a competition between Plutoo and Xecuter on who will be the first one to release something?
So it seems. Competition is always good for the end user, it makes things to move faster, and now the switch scene is moving a lot faster than everyone spected.

Last edited by PolloDiablo,
Reactions: weatMod

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yay!!! February? That's was quick!
I won't update though. I will sit on 2.2.0 and wait for the scene to mature a little more.

I don't understand why it has to be on 3.0.0 and not lower FWs. Did Nintendo introduced a vulnerability in 3.0.0?So it seems. Competition is always good for the end user, it makes things to move faster, and now the switch scene is moving a lot faster than everyone spected.
not me i knew this was going to happen
https://gbatemp.net/threads/reason-why-there-wont-be-piracy-on-3-0.492949/page-2#post-7759049

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are we really going back to the Gateway era ?

Would you rather to see HB locked to low firmware? I'm sorry, but one team or developer having a monopoly on homebrew, and limiting it to 3.0.0 firmware, is BS.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

satan89

Trophies
XP
Country
India
I remember people not wanting devs to RE Gateway for the same reason.

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The official "competition" is between Xecuter and hedgeberg. Plutoo actually seems to be a pretty good sport through all this

I wouldn't say anyone on ReSwitched or Switchbrew is particularly thrilled. Too much unanswered to draw much of solid bead on anything. I think the scenes that were, are just going as they were.

karloz25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks to all the DEVS behind the scenes that are making this possible.
Ive been waiting for my Switch to arrive and hope it was on 3.0/
I guess with the latest new(s), I would be happy either way, XT or Switch Homebrew :)
#WorryFree

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.