Hacking Switch Modchip price speculation thread

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
If it costs anywhere near what Sky3DS did and does, it's already way over what anyone with a brain would pay.
Actually, I could see it easily being double the price of Sky3DS. There's no way this thing is going to be cheap, or anywhere under $100 if we look at precedent. A modchip that purportedly will work on any firmware is going to be very valuable.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

210modz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All depends on the price of the chip. I only charge $50 to rgh a 360 and $40 to downgrade a ps3 with e3 before ps3xploit was released.

DaTank45

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
$1.00 why is everyone on here talking about high prices. If I was team xecuter i'd look on here and see what the highest acceptable price is and charge that. They might be thinking $10 and everyone on here is saying $100-$200.

Reactions: ScarletDreamz

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I am expecting about £50/60 it might be higher, I would guess about £80 for the solderless option, but given its a modchip and not a flashcard they need a price that reflects that its not a simple noob friendly plug and play solution

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe $200 installed, the original JTAG cost the installer about $2. It only really got dearer when it moved to RGH. Which needed a Glitch Chip and a Nand reader/Writer. (which paired together you could get for around US$20-30) The install cost was high because of the time involved. Even higher if you wanted a Dual Nand solution.

I think I paid around 50 EUR for the RGH installation with chip included which was around 30eur...

Before I paid like 25 EUR to hack the firmware in the dvd reader, but only because it needed the chip the first time to read it, but after I keep updating it my self and my friends drives too 4 free after having the key...

Don Jon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chips are pretty cheap to make when the sellers buy in mass production
for a basic chip i would expect price to run from 35-55 usd
clones can run at 24 usd lowest

jrobertdobson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK so I'm in a mood to post... and its another speculation thread about another modwhatever...

My speculation. I bought a Sky3ds+. $75USD. Long before 11x firm was hacked. Worth it at the time, now pointless. Most 3DS games are still $50+ new, so totally got my money out of it, and now it just sits in the slot.
Switch chip needs to be around same price, 95% a software mod will come eventually, but may be years, and like the Skycard the hard mod will be useless.

I see now there seems to be a sort of clone of the sky, at the same price, but I haven't found another yet, so there may not be a china clone of this mod.

Either way, with the hardmod, or dongle, or sd card, or whatever options TX have, there is some sort of software involved with the code that executes, and how it does so. Silicon is cheap, unless TX designed a whole new chip of some kind. Code costs $$$ and that is what TX has the hold on. Getting the chip from the mod, dongle, whatever, not that hard if it's some mass production stuff. Getting the code to operate....

Heck, it could just be an arduino variant....

Jonna

Some sort of musician.
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Canada
The argument was that we don't know if it's gonna be hardmod or software, never said it was gonna be software, never said it was gonna be hardware. I can tell you don't fax
Dude, no one faxes anymore - it's reduced to a businesses mainly, e-mails and the internet made it obsolete.

Welcome to the present! It's cool and damning simultaneously here.

HexZyle

Pretty Petty Pedant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Are you really not gonna argue for your point just because of his fucking spelling? What is wrong with people on this fucking site?

[Snip]

Also, way to criticize peoples shitty spelling and then

That's even worse than just misspelling

It's not shitty spelling. It's intentional obfuscation of his comment through lolspeak and other meme culture references, as well as sentence structure rape. It would be the equivalant of me posting my comment here in binary or hexcode. Just because we use the internet doesn't mean we should be forced to decipher that shit. If someone wants to post on a forum, a community website where you talk to other people, using the same language helps. There's nothing wrong with shortening words if it would take the writer more time to write it out in full than it would take the reader to understand it, but dumb ass stuff what Xathya is doing is on a whole other level and is not conducive to the legibility of his post.

Do I find it funny? Yeah, sorta. But are people required to take him seriously? Fuck no. And trolls don't need defending from critisism.

Last edited by HexZyle,
Reactions: j3yps

PotatisKnug

Trophies
Website
thomas.dusbite.se
XP
Country
Sweden
Had some of you used Team Xecuter modchips in the past?
Can someone tell me how much a modchip usually costs?
I’m not whining about soldering and I would take the risk if it’s needed;

Please don’t kill me with answers like “we don’t even know if it’s going to be a modchip” or “we don’t know anything about this lol just wait u moron”
i bet it's gonna be 600 - 800 sek.

D

Deleted User

I think $60 would be the best price, room to make money and a price that most people can afford. Anything above $100 is robbery and I'd just wait another month or 2 for a Chinese replica off ebay

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
I think $60 would be the best price, room to make money and a price that most people can afford. Anything above $100 is robbery and I'd just wait another month or 2 for a Chinese replica off ebay
Be prepared to wait for a Chinese replica then :)

210modz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No way it will be over $100. I have no clue why some think it would be soo expensive. I never spent anywhere near $100 on any other xecuter product and I do rgh installs on a daily basis.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    A @ anotherthing: The Nintendo servers are going down in 9 days anyway.