Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Paiuand

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
How can I get started in Switch homebrew development?

I know a bit of C# and Java, and I'd like to be able to make some homebrew apps at some point. I know the switch isn't going to work with either of those languages, so what should I go with?
C++ with Devkit? Because honestly that seems like one hell of a learning curve for a noon like myself.

I've also messed with assembly just a bit when I tried reversing for a while.

Thanks.
If you need help you could come to the Reswitched discord server, they will help you.

Emenaria

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I have 2 Switches on v3.0(for potential exploits) and v3.0.2(for playing games). If you were in my shoes, what would you do with the second Switch(v3.0.2)?

Would you update to the latest firmware so you can connect to the eShop, download DLC, update games, etc? (You can't update games or download DLC without updating to the latest firmware, am I correct?)

Or would you still avoid updating (unless the games you want to play require an update) and stay as low as possible in the hope that your second Switch will eventually be hackable too, as well as v3.0?

Last edited by Emenaria,

Greg956

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I have 2 Switches on v3.0(for potential exploits) and v3.0.2(for playing games). If you were in my shoes, what would you do with the second Switch(v3.0.2)?
I think it is not a question, if I were you, only update to the last one, and play with updates, dlc, etc.
Switch is pretty good console to have it on license soft, so if you have second console, update.
I didn't think about buying Switch a month ago, but I had free money, and decided to buy it <3.0.0 and wait for the hacking. So if I buy second, it will be only for legal playing.

Emenaria

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I think it is not a question, if I were you, only update to the last one, and play with updates, dlc, etc.
Switch is pretty good console to have it on license soft, so if you have second console, update.
I didn't think about buying Switch a month ago, but I had free money, and decided to buy it <3.0.0 and wait for the hacking. So if I buy second, it will be only for legal playing.
Thanks for the answer, you're right, now that I think about it I guess there's not really a point in waiting for a hack for 3.0.1+ Switch if you have a spare one on 3.0 firmware, so I'll just update my second Switch to the latest firmware.

Last edited by Emenaria,

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanted to buy more NTAG215 tags and wanted to know if this and this seller are good/recommend to buy from. I don't have the Power save application or the reader that came with it so I can't rewrite my powertag (I only wanted to rewrite it once since I used the wrong amiibo file- wanted to use the Majora's Mask spoof that would give me all equipment) plus I didn't want it to break/not read anymore (after having it for months now, I finally started using it).

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey guys. I finally did it! I've got myself a Switch! =)
Thank god it was on 2.3.0
However I'd really like to log into my Nintendo Account there so I wanna connect to the internet only once to do so and cut the connection afterwards again.
Is there a way to do it? If yes with which DNS? Or would I have to update my FW to the latest version to log into my Nintendo account?

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hey guys. I finally did it! I've got myself a Switch! =)
Thank god it was on 2.3.0
However I'd really like to log into my Nintendo Account there so I wanna connect to the internet only once to do so and cut the connection afterwards again.
Is there a way to do it? If yes with which DNS? Or would I have to update my FW to the latest version to log into my Nintendo account?
You need the latest firmware

hardlance

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi does BigBlueBox (seeing as they're the only people who can do cart dumps) take requests? If not how can I get in contact with someone to do a cart dump request? (game is on exploitable firmware)

Greg956

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
i'd say update there will be more exploits in the future.
Update, mate, who doesn't allow you to do this? And after this go to another forum, where sit people with tons of games on their switch and play online.
We are here waiting for smth interesting for our 3.0.0 Switches.

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Update, mate, who doesn't allow you to do this? And after this go to another forum, where sit people with tons of games on their switch and play online.
We are here waiting for smth interesting for our 3.0.0 Switches.
mine came on a newer firmware its unfortunate its hard to find a 3.0.0 switch

Greg956

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
mine came on a newer firmware its unfortunate its hard to find a 3.0.0 switch
Hm, may be it is only in Russia bundles 3.0.0 and under it are everywhere. It seems that sales in our country are not so good, and older consoles are everywhere. I went to a local store 2 weeks ago and bought Splatoon 2 bundle with 2.3.0 with neon controllers. They had many of these bundles and many bundles with Mario Odessey with 3.0.0 and red joy-cons.
In EU and USA people buying Switch with more adrenaline, than in Russia. Many of our citizens are keeping calm about every new console, so there are tons of old bundles everywhere.

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hm, may be it is only in Russia bundles 3.0.0 and under it are everywhere. It seems that sales in our country are not so good, and older consoles are everywhere. I went to a local store 2 weeks ago and bought Splatoon 2 bundle with 2.3.0 with neon controllers. They had many of these bundles and many bundles with Mario Odessey with 3.0.0 and red joy-cons.
In EU and USA people buying Switch with more adrenaline, than in Russia. Many of our citizens are keeping calm about every new console, so there are tons of old bundles everywhere.
i don't want to hack it anyways the only issue is when pokemon switch comes there won't be any genning

albion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I have a question. Is it better to be the oldest version?, I have 1.0.0, in the future if there is a homebrew or something else can i play the games that are running the newer version than 1.0.0?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Coming.