Homebrew system transfer caused all my cia-installed games to disappear

romanaOne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I decided to downgrade from N2DS back to the N3DS because, well, I tried to like the N2DS and failed. Both consoles are up to date with B9S/Luma.

Thinking it would save some time, I decided to do a System Transfer (source N2DS to destination N3DS), then remove the stock 4GB microsd from the N3DS and put the 64GB microsd (from the original N2DS) into the N3DS.

Only FBI and Checkpoint were still there on the home menu, when I put the 64GB microsd in the N3DS.

FBI shows all the Titles of the missing games and in Tickets there's the usual load of hex jabberwocky.

Is there some kinda thing I can do with FBI or godmode9 (or something else) to fix the tickets, titles whatever?

I do not really understand how tickets/ titles work but would like to learn and maybe save the hassle of reinstalling 20 or so cias.

Last edited by romanaOne,

romanaOne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I finished reinstalling my cias before looking at this forum again. Much easier than the last time I moved consoles: homebrew can easily be installed over the network and an entire directory of local cias can be installed w/o user interaction.
Just set FBI going and went for a long bike ride. Probably old news to most regulars here, but I don't hop consoles that often.

Looks like all the updates survived, so I don't have to redownload them. (Of course I backed up all my saves.) In future, I'll just not mess with System Transfer; homebrew save and package management are now so good that there isn't much point except for getting to see the pikmin guys come out. gm9 and FBI need some elves or moomintrolls. :)

There's something about mounting tickets.db in the gm9 menus, but there is no mention of CMAC except a reference to a new scripting command fixcmac in the change log. I don't really know how to proceed without more specific informations b/c well this stuff is over my head.

The cias were all extracted from my carts, so I may have incorrectly assumed they were "legit, " whatever that means. Most of them were made with godmode9 but the oldest ones were made back in the days of gateway and some convoluted process I've mostly forgotten involving dumping the game (using gateway menu), generating xorpads with a launcher.dat payload(decrypt9?), and then doing some stuff on a PC involving those xorpads. Maybe they are borked in some way and that is why the cutesy little pikmin critters dropped some pieces during the "System Transfer"?

EDIT: ctrtool can take them apart so I guess the are iligitimate, as in not encrypted? Or does it decrypt them automatically now?

All this Bletchley Park stuff is kind of depressing and gives me a headache. A lot of effort went into keeping people from tinkering with stuff they own. Guess the company were too busy obfuscating the inner workings to come out with a single good, conceptually new game in the entire 3DS' lifespan. Oh well, now going back to playing Pokemon even though it is still the same fucking game as in the 90s.

SirAileron

Seeker of Truths
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Legit CIAs are just games that were preinstalled on special edition consoles, which was stopped after it was realized that those games could be duplicated. There are only a small handful of them.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Legit CIAs are just games that were preinstalled on special edition consoles, which was stopped after it was realized that those games could be duplicated. There are only a small handful of them.

They was never "stopped" as the most current one was OoT 3DS on the black Friday released themed edition 2DS

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's no legit cia of OoT

your full of shit

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I decided to downgrade from N2DS back to the N3DS because, well, I tried to like the N2DS and failed. Both consoles are up to date with B9S/Luma.

Thinking it would save some time, I decided to do a System Transfer (source N2DS to destination N3DS), then remove the stock 4GB microsd from the N3DS and put the 64GB microsd (from the original N2DS) into the N3DS.

Only FBI and Checkpoint were still there on the home menu, when I put the 64GB microsd in the N3DS.

FBI shows all the Titles of the missing games and in Tickets there's the usual load of hex jabberwocky.

Is there some kinda thing I can do with FBI or godmode9 (or something else) to fix the tickets, titles whatever?

I do not really understand how tickets/ titles work but would like to learn and maybe save the hassle of reinstalling 20 or so cias.
*Upgrade ;)
It's normal, tickets of pirated/homebrew CIAs aren't transferred during the system transfer. Without the tickets, the games won't show up or be playable.
That's why it's recommended to back up tickets on the source console before transferring. They can be easily reinstalled on the target console after the transfer and all the games will show up again with their saves still intact, whereas reinstalling the CIAs will wipe the saves (not a problem in this case since you backed them up first)
No reason not to use system transfer since it's still the easiest way to transfer all your data to another console despite the 2 extra steps. Just have to be aware that those extra steps are required if you want your CIAs to transfer.
Transferring stuff like your friend code, system save data (Mii Plaza etc) and NNID is a hassle without system transfer.
You can use Godmode9 on the n2DS to export the ticket.db file and the use it to import and calculate the CMAC for it on the n3DS. That should get all your games and homebrew back.
They probably don't have that ticket.db anymore unless they have a NAND backup from before the transfer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.