Team-Xecuter announces future-proof Switch exploit

Team-Xecuter revealed in a teaser a method to bypass all Switch security in a manner that they claim will never be patched by Nintendo and is compatible with every firmware available!

In the video, they show a custom boot image and have publicly posted the Stage2 Bootloader key (package 1.1) which has been confirmed to be legit as proof of their pwnage over the device.

This solution will work on ANY Nintendo Switch console regardless of the currently installed firmware, and will be completely future proof. This is *the* solution for opening up CFW (Custom FirmWare) on the Nintendo Switch. We want to move the community forward and provide a persistent, stable and fast method of running your own code and custom firmware patches on Nintendo's latest flagship product. And we think we've succeeded!

Below you can find a quick video showcasing a Nintendo Switch booting up, but there s something funny going on, can you spot it?

This is expected to be a DRM/paid "device", speculated to be a tx1 glitch style modchip that will enable CFW and full access to the system, which unfortunately(?) includes piracy.

A T-X forum admin expects release around Spring of 2018

:arrow:Source

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But there's a flaw, see, when homebrew flourishes, most viable/exploitable systems will be gone off the shelves, and the new shipments of Switch consoles will be on newer firmware. Homebrew will be limited to a severely narrow band of exploitable firmware. Unless people can get homebrew on all firmware, people won't be buying Switch consoles for homebrew.
Which is where this mod from TX comes in. Advertising homebrew for any cfw.

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, many people (myself included) don't have any soldering skills whatsoever. I will likely have to pay someone to do it. I sure as hell won't trust myself to solder a chip.
If it is like about 5 or less wires I can do that no problem but if its a chip chip then no way i'm doing that my self ether.

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it is like about 5 or less wires I can do that no problem but if its a chip chip then no way i'm doing that my self ether.

Damned if we do, damned if we don't, it's either having a golden firmware or hardware mod, and I don't see that changing in the near future.

Reactions: leerpsp

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damned if we do, damned if we don't, it's either having a golden firmware or hardware mod, and I don't see that changing in the near future.
I May just send my switch and modchip in to some trusted person on this page to get it done but only if I see it and then don't trust my self doing it. I really would like it to replace the sd card slot but seeing as how it takes over before boot that is not going to happen.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I May just send my switch and modchip in to some trusted person on this page to get it done but only if I see it and then don't trust my self doing it. I really would like it to replace the sd card slot but seeing as how it takes over before boot that is not going to happen.
At best it would be a module that attaches between the eMMC and the mainboard. At worst it will just be a chip with wires everywhere. I'm expecting something in between.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lucky I have the materials and experience, only problem is I have shaky hands for small work in a console. Also I manage to have problems getting solder to actually stick to metal surfaces. Probably cheap solder and bad heat settings.

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lucky I have the materials and experience, only problem is I have shaky hands for small work in a console. Also I manage to have problems getting solder to actually stick to metal surfaces. Probably cheap solder and bad heat settings.
That would be cheep solder I had the same problem when I felt like saving my on solder. So now I don't ever go cheep on solder anymore.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really hope somebody will find a way to implement it in software for free. I like free stuff and open source- then others will also improve the code

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Actually, some future proof stuff was announced on 34c3, so it could be legit. Theres some weird bug that depends on hardware...
fat chance, Xecuter will highly likely release a chargeable product.

and then everyone will still love it, but then when the day comes that a free solution comes out everyone will then slate the shit out of it, like they are with 3DS flashcards.

this is why hackers dont bother releasing anything, because cheap bastards who want to pirate games rather than play them also demand these days that the method to allow you to pirate, should also be free.

yup your really going to sit in your spare time hacking a console, making an exploit, loaders to release to the public for free.

anyway i cant see this being future proof, regardless of nvida shield, im sure nintendo have seen this and have a counter measure in place.

remember when PS3 3.55 keys were leaked and everyone was like GAME OVER PS3 is now fully blown wide open..... queue Sony redoing all its keys and a new firmware update and has taken all these years to get another firmware exploited since 3.55.

im sure that nintendo will be able to not only detect and block this via a firmware update, but will also be able to do something that is based on the card, so both firmware and card run checks.

for anyone to claim a hack is future proof..... well time will tell, thats if anything even surfaces because didnt xecuture also claim to have had something in the works for the vita and nothing surfaced..

Reactions: k7ra

kinio_64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
if this hack is somewhat similar to b9h, Nintendo will not be able to block it.
to block such a hack you need a new hardware revision and it looks like a Nintendo switch is build on top of the exact same nVidia chip as in tablets and android box's.
and if this is the case, then this is not actually a hack but a backdoor left by nvidia for its developers, tech support or quality testers in the factory.
to remove that kind of backdoor they would need to redesign part of the chip and i can see nvidia paying off Nintendo and telling them to f**k off with their toy sooner then doing all this work.

duckgoonsprite

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just my two cents:

TX stepping in is a boost for softmod. The only tools hackers have to work ish out with is PegaSwitch, and that's not even close to Stage 2 bootloader control. They've obviously sat on this, like qluto said to shut down Hex. This is a net gain for softmodding even if it isn't a softmod. If you can't see that idk what to tell you.

Reactions: Kioku

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Xecuter are known for their solderless and quick solder solutions.. no one knows what the requirements for this mod will be yet, don’t give up hope so easily. But, I learnt all my soldering skills from installing chips in Ps2s and Xboxes. Xecuter were always the easiest!!!

noX1609

B9S freak ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That all sounds great! When the modchip is released and works well i‘m going to buy a switch too.
Also microSD Cards get cheaper and cheaper so you can store a lot of games without spending a lot of money for a larger space.
Really looking forward to the release :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: fellow EST resident here, it's noon for me too