Hacking Team-Xecuter coming to your Nintendo Switch console!

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 45,087
  • Replies 194
  • Likes 16

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
It being a hardmod has absolutely nothing to do with being future proof. If the hack relied on a fixable part of the firmware an update could surely fix it rendering the mod useless. However given there "proof" I'd say they have exploited bootrom. If that's the case they are correct and an update can't fix the hack. If they however exploited anything else (updatable software) the hack cab and surely will be patched.
The bootrom is updateable

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The switch bootrom can have patches applied. Look it up
The patches would load after the bottom it's self. They may change the way the bottom handles something but that change doesn't actually modify the ROM and that being the case any patch applied to this is loaded by it.... this prevents exploits like the arm9loader hack for 3ds but can't fix an exploit of the bootrom it's self.

tivanh

Trophies
XP
Country
This future proof argument is such a nonsense play on words from devs, audiences against executers work.

With nothing else, their lowering the conversation from a totally legitimate statement, to it being totally degraded, if found beyond anothers specific definitions.

Unless we are arguing exact definition, in which case the same arguement can be relevant to most things we all say every day, in our normal lives, it is simple.

FUTURE PROOF IN THIS INSTANCE MEANS THIS HARWARE REVISION IS FUTURE PROOF FOR THIS PRODUCT. End of story.

We all know that and we we all knew thats what was meant, when the statement was made. Right.

Yet here we have this nonsense play on words argument when there was no play on words intended.. Some people get annoyed and stir everyone who isn't aware into a silly fear and hate fest on the team that is going to wholey launch switch homebrew and piracy across the devices firmware spectrum, only forwarding the community.

What a toxic community, full of opinionated know all fuck all's, so to speak.

Get over yourself. Just cause you don't want to be easy and put out, doesn't make those that do a slut...

Reactions: TheCyberQuake

tivanh

Trophies
XP
Country
Lets talk about the re-drm nonsense speculation here as well.

A glitch device for example like executer rgh boards are not a out of the box re-drm device.

It is a necessary device to get into the system to allow drm bypassing and necessary every boot.

Re-drm devices for the layman, are a once hacked locking device that locks your hack to a piece of hardware and although it is not actually necessary per boot, it will be coded to for maximum profit.

Stop the bullshit.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
hard mods are A LOT harder to patch than soft mods. Sm can pretty much be wiped out with a single patch HM usually need a hardware revision or a complete OS redesign.

Last edited by Bladexdsl,
Reactions: Kioku

Hondyn

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, I ll just believe its all true once I get both hands on this thing. For now, I ll just keep it on the 4.0.5

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/kTzpzBF.mp4