Hacking Team-Xecuter coming to your Nintendo Switch console!

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 45,007
  • Replies 194
  • Likes 16

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hardware Hacks aren't entirely future proof...
It entirely depends on the hardware exploit. Not all hardware exploits are future proof, but they can be future proof. It entirely depends on how it works. I wouldn't think TX would specifically list that is they didn't know they could do it, but who knows. We have no info on it at all so no one can really say what it can/can't do.
Hardware revision is usually one of the few ways to guarantee a patch, but if it's in the nvidia chip you likely won't see that change

Last edited by TheCyberQuake,
Reactions: Kioku

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
It entirely depends on the hardware exploit. Not all hardware exploits are future proof, but they can be future proof. It entirely depends on how it works. I wouldn't think TX would specifically list that is they didn't know they could do it, but who knows. We have no info on it at all so no one can really say what it can/can't do.
Hardware revision is usually one of the few ways to guarantee a patch, but if it's in the nvidia chip you likely won't see that change

Replace "entirely" with "always". I was referring to them as a whole.

SMARTASS :P

Reactions: TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Replace "entirely" with "always". I was referring to them as a whole.

SMARTASS :P
I was more just refining your point and adding an explanation.
I would hope TX wouldn't advertise as future proof without it being so. I don't think by future proof they mean consistent across all hardware revisions, but rather consistent across all firmwares for compatible systems (all of them until a revision gets pushed).

Reactions: Kioku

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I was more just refining your point and adding an explanation.
I would hope TX wouldn't advertise as future proof without it being so. I don't think by future proof they mean consistent across all hardware revisions, but rather consistent across all firmwares for compatible systems (all of them until a revision gets pushed).

True that. It's a bold claim regardless. Guess we'll see.

Astoria

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
It can and will be patched by Nintendo. It will be funny to see how their "future-proof" claim vanishes eventually.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It can and will be patched by Nintendo. It will be funny to see how their "future-proof" claim vanishes eventually.

https://twitter.com/hexkyz/status/948582170100035584
I don't trust him. He basically stated his assumptions as fact, when no one, including him, actually knows how TX is doing their exploit. They just seem to be pissy that people may not use their 3.0.0 only exploit, and that the modchip opens up piracy.

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is why you don't put security inside an SOC and also provide all the info for free with the dev board. All information regarding Jetson TX1 can be acquired with a Nvidia account with no need of purchase.

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It IS future-proof as it is a hardmod and not a softmod
It being a hardmod has absolutely nothing to do with being future proof. If the hack relied on a fixable part of the firmware an update could surely fix it rendering the mod useless. However given there "proof" I'd say they have exploited bootrom. If that's the case they are correct and an update can't fix the hack. If they however exploited anything else (updatable software) the hack cab and surely will be patched.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: