Team Xecuter reveal info on upcoming Switch modchip

SwitchTX.jpg

Just over a week ago, team Xecuter announced that they are working on a soon-to-be-revealed modchip for the Nintendo Switch. This was big news because modchip devices are usually used to circumvent anti-piracy measures on many digital platforms, but mainly gaming systems, and to see one already in the works for a machine that is only 10 months old is very rare.

Since then the team have been quiet, no one knows what the device will look like, how it will work, or when they can get their hands on one - but GBAtemp can exclusively reveal today that there will be BOTH a solder AND solderless option of team Xecuter's Nintendo Switch modchip.

Here is a direct quote from team Xecuter:

For now, I can tell you there is a solder and solderless version. We have quite a lot in the works, you will have more info soon.

The difference in pricing should be interesting in the two versions of the device, but at least you can now rest safely, knowing that the team will be providing options for whatever the Xecuter Switch modchip turns out to be.

Stay tuned to GBAtemp for more info in the upcoming weeks.

Attachments

• nintendo-switch.jpg
    nintendo-switch.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 171

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Am I the only one thinking that there must be something more useful about the soldered version than the solderless one? Why even make a soldered version if the solderless one would work just fine? What do you guys think might be the disadvantage of the solderless version?

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wonder if that solderless option is actually some kind of Sky3DS and not really a mod chip :unsure:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Am I the only one thinking that there must be something more useful about the soldered version than the solderless one? Why even make a soldered version if the solderless one would work just fine? What do you guys think might be the disadvantage of the solderless version?
probably that the so0lderless version will cost more

D

Deleted User

I wonder if that solderless option is actually some kind of Sky3DS and not really a mod chip :unsure:

It will be a modchip.

mariogamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Flashcart are not really possible on the switch.

Let's see for the modchip... If it is an actual fair price maybe ai'll give it a try.... (Juste to know they are based in USA right?)

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Or the 2 different versions are for varying FW versions, like for example higher FW's may require the soldered version but the lower ones can get away with the solderless option, just throwing that out there

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Flashcart are not really possible on the switch.

Let's see for the modchip... If it is an actual fair price maybe ai'll give it a try.... (Juste to know they are based in USA right?)
why cant there be flashcart on switch?
do you have any sources?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Xdqwerty how are you?