Team Xecuter reveal info on upcoming Switch modchip

SwitchTX.jpg

Just over a week ago, team Xecuter announced that they are working on a soon-to-be-revealed modchip for the Nintendo Switch. This was big news because modchip devices are usually used to circumvent anti-piracy measures on many digital platforms, but mainly gaming systems, and to see one already in the works for a machine that is only 10 months old is very rare.

Since then the team have been quiet, no one knows what the device will look like, how it will work, or when they can get their hands on one - but GBAtemp can exclusively reveal today that there will be BOTH a solder AND solderless option of team Xecuter's Nintendo Switch modchip.

Here is a direct quote from team Xecuter:

For now, I can tell you there is a solder and solderless version. We have quite a lot in the works, you will have more info soon.

The difference in pricing should be interesting in the two versions of the device, but at least you can now rest safely, knowing that the team will be providing options for whatever the Xecuter Switch modchip turns out to be.

Stay tuned to GBAtemp for more info in the upcoming weeks.

Attachments

• nintendo-switch.jpg
    nintendo-switch.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 171

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there would be a pretty serious lag time between a release and a fix. If/when it's fixed on a HW revision, stroll out and by some older consoles and life's good. Assuming there's no soft exploit released by then..

Not all that serious in the grand scheme of things. The real question is them finding it but they now know to re-audit and look into their bootloader, so they will find it. Biggest delay would be finding/effectively integrating the patch.

But they also started over a week ago in looking, no doubt.

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
they don't provide any warranty with any of their products, this will be no diff. if you get a dud it's your fault, not theirs. I've dealt with tx a lot in the past and every issue is user error, even if it's a bad chip. ask @vb_encryption_vb, he'll tell you the same shit.

I had issues with a CR4 which they replaced with no arguments at all.....sooooo i cant complain about them really. Every TX product ive used has been flawless apart from the dodgy CR4...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I got a solderless ps2 chip a long time ago, I pressed it on carefully and evenly and it bent the s*it out of the chip legs, making the console useless. I had to send the chip back for a partial refund and hand repair the chip legs... not a big fan of solderless since then.

Was this a DMS4 Pro Ezi?? I have one of those installed in a fat PS2 ans that still runs well to this day :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Just stating facts lad, modchip shouldn't be necessary.

Console deffo more fun with a mod chip :)

Taffy

jdfiehgvrhfvhfjkvgrjhfejvgrjkbjvr
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most people don't mind opening things up; it's soldering though that is annoying. I lost my soldering iron and STILL CAN'T FIND IT 2 YEARS LATER...

Solderless hardmod? Pretty eager to see this.

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Something just popped in my head

Over the years mod chips traditionally allowed for playing backup disks. Given the fact that this is a cart playing device i wonder how they will do their backup loading. Will it be a packet installer or something like gateway with an exploit tied to a cart

Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s