Team Xecuter reveal info on upcoming Switch modchip

SwitchTX.jpg

Just over a week ago, team Xecuter announced that they are working on a soon-to-be-revealed modchip for the Nintendo Switch. This was big news because modchip devices are usually used to circumvent anti-piracy measures on many digital platforms, but mainly gaming systems, and to see one already in the works for a machine that is only 10 months old is very rare.

Since then the team have been quiet, no one knows what the device will look like, how it will work, or when they can get their hands on one - but GBAtemp can exclusively reveal today that there will be BOTH a solder AND solderless option of team Xecuter's Nintendo Switch modchip.

Here is a direct quote from team Xecuter:

For now, I can tell you there is a solder and solderless version. We have quite a lot in the works, you will have more info soon.

The difference in pricing should be interesting in the two versions of the device, but at least you can now rest safely, knowing that the team will be providing options for whatever the Xecuter Switch modchip turns out to be.

Stay tuned to GBAtemp for more info in the upcoming weeks.

Attachments

• nintendo-switch.jpg
    nintendo-switch.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 171
D

Deleted-355425

holy shit, is that eminem in your sig or is that chester from linkin park? either way RIP :'(

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I hope its a modchip that's a modified switch dock chip that you place into the existing official dock to instantly hack any switch hardware... that would be interesting to see...

It’s Chester :(

Reactions: peteruk

Garblant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, seems interesting!

I'd of course get the solderless version.

(Also, wonder what I missed in the past 14 pages?)

Soluble

Trophies
XP
Country
It’s Chester :(
Shouldn't you have asked how he thought it could have been Eminem?

And now i've gone back to listening to them D: . Off topic but I don't get it... Listening to the Lyrics from One More Light how the hell no one could see it in his life is beyond me. The year Hybrid theory was released was the year I purchased a CD burner. Sold 30+ copies at $5 a pop and payed for the Burner. (I should add I own every LP album, inc ltd ed. released here). For me his death took away a piece of my teenage years. The more you read the sadder the story becomes.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My J-tag Xbox 360 is still working after thousands of hours of gameplay...

And won't ever give ROD from heat since I replaced the fans for better ones, added a intake fan with built in thermometer, added another small fan to the small GPU heatsink with a tunnel for maximum air pressure removed just from the GPU, I used artic MX3 then MX-4 and added memory coolers in every god damn chip inside.

I guess I'm up to installing a chip in a Switch and can't wait 4 that day to come...

Last edited by guily6669,

RedHunter

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
My J-tag Xbox 360 is still working after thousands of hours of gameplay...

And won't ever give ROD from heat since I replaced the fans for better ones, added a intake fan with built in thermometer, added another small fan to the small GPU heatsink with a tunnel for maximum air pressure removed just from the GPU, I used artic MX3 then MX-4 and added memory coolers in every god damn chip inside.

I guess I'm up to installing a chip in a Switch and can't wait 4 that day to come...
Mine still works too, I just speed up the fan using freestyle, but it's a Jasper so very secure.

Soluble

Trophies
XP
Country
Ya that sounda right o.o
I didn't even know there was a solderless PS2 mod! Talking in AUD$ now so divide by 2 for USD back then, mods used to cost me $25-35 and I charged $200 including install! Never ran into a solderless option, would have made life a bit easier! (Back then with the amount of wires a hot glue gun was your friend!)

Last edited by Soluble,

FliP0x

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Shouldn't you have asked how he thought it could have been Eminem?

And now i've gone back to listening to them D: . Off topic but I don't get it... Listening to the Lyrics from One More Light how the hell no one could see it in his life is beyond me. The year Hybrid theory was released was the year I purchased a CD burner. Sold 30+ copies at $5 a pop and payed for the Burner. (I should add I own every LP album, inc ltd ed. released here). For me his death took away a piece of my teenage years. The more you read the sadder the story becomes.

To add to the offtopic. he has been singing about his problems and suicidal ideas in every song, yet nobody did anything about it. The last few songs made it clear one more time, good goodbye.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't even know there was a solderless PS2 mod! Talking in AUD$ now so divide by 2 for USD back then, mods used to cost me $25-35 and I charged $200 including install! Never ran into a solderless option, would have made life a bit easier! (Back then with the amount of wires a hot glue gun was your friend!)
For 200eur, yeah, not us $, my friend got a I3+gtx750ti full computer that runs pretty much almost any current game...

SnAQ

Trophies
XP
Country
Just started to think a about the possibility of Nintendo suing Team Xecuter when they release this modchip.

What do you think?
Hasn't the manufacturers of console done this type of legal procedures before?
Didn't Nintendo sue Bung (I think it was their name, sold N64 backup units etc etc) and won?

Sent from my F8331 via Tapatalk

Soluble

Trophies
XP
Country
Just started to think a about the possibility of Nintendo suing Team Xecuter when they release this modchip.

What do you think?
Hasn't the manufacturers of console done this type of legal procedures before?
Didn't Nintendo sue Bung (I think it was their name, sold N64 backup units etc etc) and won?

Sent from my F8331 via Tapatalk
The mod itself won't allow piracy ;). Has it been done before? Yes, that's where half the hardmod scene ended up... Behind 'closed doors'

The key is release a product that doesn't allow piracy, but can be made to allow piracy.

Reactions: Quantumcat

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The mod itself won't allow piracy ;). Has it been done before? Yes, that's where half the hardmod scene ended up... Behind 'closed doors'

The key is release a product that doesn't allow piracy, but can be made to allow piracy.
It's all the same thing since consoles "can't be modded", ROMs that you use I bet most u don't own and emulated or not is still piracy the same crap, just pretty outdated games from older consoles.

Soluble

Trophies
XP
Country
It's all the same thing since consoles "can't be modded", ROMs that you use I bet most u don't own and emulated or not is still piracy the same crap, just pretty outdated games from older consoles.
It's more about the mod having Nintendo owned code. Providing it doesn't there's no legal ramifications(depending on location).

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here If I remember well here in my country every EULA from any of the mainstream consoles clearly states that any alteration on the software or hardware to run user code or non original software is punishable by law, not to mention the rest...

So either way everything is wrong, but in my opinion I only hate ppl that try making profit with backups like paying a fee to download games, a fee to have the custom software.... I only accept paying for a chip which you are actually paying for a custom accessory, other than that, I only believe in donations.

Soluble

Trophies
XP
Country
Here If I remember well here in my country every EULA from any of the mainstream consoles clearly states that any alteration on the software or hardware to run user code or non original software is punishable by law, not to mention the rest...

So either way everything is wrong, but in my opinion I only hate ppl that try making profit with backups like paying a fee to download games, a fee to have the custom software.... I only accept paying for a chip which you are actually paying for a custom accessory, other than that, I only believe in donations.
There's a good reason hardmods kinda disappeared. Which you've alluded to. It's a tough task picking up and shifting your whole life to develop a mod chip. I've seen a lot of posts disrespecting TX for 'profiteering' they are potentially offering a solution that supports all consoles that exist today, that can't be patched without a HW revision. I don't think that's a reflection of the community as a whole, but probably a lack of understanding what these guys do.

I don't think it's illegal in AUS. However the money disappeared with the current generation of consoles, it just wasn't profitable to run a 'modshop' modding a previous generation or 2 or 3 of consoles. The Switch having a hardmod won't revive it. At the 360's peak there was modshops in malls promoting mods for every console before it. Personally I miss that. But we got to a stage when softmodding took over, and anyone with 1/4 of a brain could do it.

I'd typed 20 lines after this but decided to delete them. But basically everyone wants free everything. In fact I haven't seen a single donate to a dev post, do these devs even accept donations? I wouldn't know.

tpax

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
There's a good reason hardmods kinda disappeared. Which you've alluded to. It's a tough task picking up and shifting your whole life to develop a mod chip. I've seen a lot of posts disrespecting TX for 'profiteering' they are potentially offering a solution that supports all consoles that exist today, that can't be patched without a HW revision. I don't think that's a reflection of the community as a whole, but probably a lack of understanding what these guys do.

I don't think it's illegal in AUS. However the money disappeared with the current generation of consoles, it just wasn't profitable to run a 'modshop' modding a previous generation or 2 or 3 of consoles. The Switch having a hardmod won't revive it. At the 360's peak there was modshops in malls promoting mods for every console before it. Personally I miss that. But we got to a stage when softmodding took over, and anyone with 1/4 of a brain could do it.

I'd typed 20 lines after this but decided to delete them. But basically everyone wants free everything. In fact I haven't seen a single donate to a dev post, do these devs even accept donations? I wouldn't know.

Well, there are still some offerings for modding here in Germany. Maybe not in malls, but at least on a german Craigslist pendant. You can still find someone in a local area where you can bring your console, like WiiU or 3DS, and get it modded. Of of the time those people also sell e-cigarettes :rofl:

Soluble

Trophies
XP
Country
To add to the offtopic. he has been singing about his problems and suicidal ideas in every song, yet nobody did anything about it. The last few songs made it clear one more time, good goodbye.
Mhmmm. The whole new album is pushing his thoughts
Well, there are still some offerings for modding here in Germany. Maybe not in malls, but at least on a german Craigslist pendant. You can still find someone in a local area where you can bring your console, like WiiU or 3DS, and get it modded. Of of the time those people also sell e-cigarettes :rofl:
And fix iPhone screens?

bjaxx87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't get it... Listening to the Lyrics from One More Light how the hell no one could see it in his life is beyond me.
he has been singing about his problems and suicidal ideas in every song, yet nobody did anything about it. The last few songs made it clear one more time, good goodbye.
Sorry for extending the off topic talk but one should point out that Linkin Park is more or less "Mike's band" with merely influences by other band members. I read an interview in which Chester said that he enjoyed being able to freely write his own songs for Dead by Sunrise (his solo project). Mike often rejected ideas by Chester because he thought they wouldn't fit to LP.

Even Good Goodbye seems like Mike's brain child:
From Wikipedia:
According to Mike Shinoda, the song was created very early in the album process. He came up with the hook and the track in a day while working alone with Jesse Shatkin. Mike originally had two verses on the song and wanted to add an electronic drop to the bridge, but it didn't sound good and he thought a third rap verse by him would be too much, so they started thinking about who they could bring in on the track for rap verses. That ended up being Pusha T (who was previously featured on DJ Vice's remix of "I'll Be Gone") and Stormzy.

So don't read too much into LP lyrics. (DBS songs like "Condemned" are way more concerning...)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I feel its kinda sad people are disconnected from possibilities, everyone jumps to assume "hardware = DRM LOCK!"

for all we know this is a hardware glitch/exploit, everyone seems to think everything can always be done via software (while ofc in the long run this is possible, if this is the solution they found, so be it), and any/all hardware is only intended to grab money, honestly I don't care, if a team is willing to develop hacks they deserve to profit fro it maybe not in a legal sense, but imo if you make your own exploits no matter how unethical some want to cry it is, its upto you, if I don't like it I will simply not buy it

Reactions: peteruk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lDRjqI-fBVI&pp=ygUPVml0Z2luIG1hZ2ljaWFu