Moon Dweller ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Lolol
I'd rather buy a hooker with an std
I don't need hookers lol
I would have said a soldering iron but i already have one plus you won't have a good one for 100bucks so i just said something since there is nothing i would buy for 100bucks
I would rather put it in my bank account and save it for something more expensive

Banamy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A bit too early. I'm sure your services will be appreciate if it's a hardmod.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty bad at soldering but I just fixed my Xperia Z2 which someone found a bypass after changing screen, I did a big trace of solder to a very small side of a resistor, had to re-make a few times, my soldering iron is small but still way bigger than the small crap I had to solder, but still managed to solder it and fix the phone.

I would rather try soldering my self this time than paying someone to do it for me and specially for 100$ lol that already feels like you are paying to the official brand for them to fix a problem in the console.

Greedy!

Ps: if I was a mod I would close this thread right away, but Mehh, it's just my opinion..

Last edited by guily6669,

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
it's not that hard to solder you know. i never soldiered in my life yet i had no trouble doing it when i built my visual pinball cabinet. you just need to watch a few videos and your an expert :P

Good luck soldering like that guy did, maybe you can't appreciate it because you... never soldered? but this guy is soldering stuff I would flat out refuse to work on.

I still think this post is a bit useless eventhough he was clear as to what his intentions were, 100$ to install a xecuter chip in a switch is not the most honest deal.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For that price i would get out of my grave
That was the funniest :).

Anyway I would laugh if it was just a replaceable Nand PCB where you just need to remove a few screws and pop it in... And already gives you a good reason to clean the crap thermal compound for something like MX-4 or better...

And I my self, when it gets hacked I will surely buy one switch and do some cooling mods...
Good luck soldering like that guy did, maybe you can't appreciate it because you... never soldered? but this guy is soldering stuff I would flat out refuse to work on.

I still think this post is a bit useless eventhough he was clear as to what his intentions were, 100$ to install a xecuter chip in a switch is not the most honest deal.
Anyway I don't think this is the right place to post this kind of threads and specially being greedy...

On my RGH I paid like half and it went to a real company that does it thousands of times and give you months of warranty (however if it was nowadays, I would have tried soldering it my self).

I bet the same company would do the same for the switch if it needs soldering for a way better deal.

And anyway nowadays I know a few local friends that have a 3 year electronic repair course and work for a few years repairing stuff and they would probably do me the soldering for like 10 eur.

Last edited by guily6669,

serevok

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I keep forgetting how toxic people are here. Sure the dude is advertising before any of us knows what work is required, but its crazy how quick everyone jumps in to shit on his post. Truth is he's got impressive work, micro soldering isn't something you just "look up" on youtube and are good to go. Coming from someone who actually has taken a soldering iron to small electronics, never would I even bother attempt what he has shown.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I keep forgetting how toxic people are here. Sure the dude is advertising before any of us knows what work is required, but its crazy how quick everyone jumps in to shit on his post. Truth is he's got impressive work, micro soldering isn't something you just "look up" on youtube and are good to go. Coming from someone who actually has taken a soldering iron to small electronics, never would I even bother attempt what he has shown.
I think what he's offering is fine. But they way in which he's doing so is incredibly "advertisement"-esque, which is clearly very frowned upon on a lot of forums. If you're, say, on a forum for relationship advice, you don't want to see, "Hey! So I'm charging services for this! These are all of my packages!" from a rando. it just seems... tacky, regardless of "experience". Like a "I love money! Give me your money!" thing. I think it's completely understandable the way in which people are reacting here, especially given the fact that we know almost nothing about this device yet, or even if it'd be a modchip.

unvaluablespace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're at all confident in your soldering skills, do yourself a favor: save your money and research solder paste. When used properly it practically melts directly onto solder points. I suck at soldering small components but I used it numerous times before to solder old iPhone touch ribbon cables and similar points with tons of little pins.

Here ya go. Even looks to be the same stuff OP said he/she uses:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00M1RC0YY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_qoDuAbW02GVM3

Also here's a video demonstrating it. note how some components aren't exactly aligned straight, yet when heat is applied, it almost centers itself.

Solder paste isn't miracle paste though, and if you already suck at soldering, that's where people like OP come in.

Sorry OP. I feel like not enough people know about solder paste. It's awesome. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Xdqwerty how are you?