Status
Not open for further replies.

BlastedGuy9905

where's the updated autopsy report
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
100$ for installing a chip? And the chip is not included? This is ridiculous. Use those 100$ on the 2DS, because even that console costs less than this. You'll find modchip installations for 30$ later, not to mention the OP doesn't even know what Team Xecuter is gonna release.

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
This thread and all alike for that matter are click bait one's...

I won't pay a dime for getting anything hardware related being done to a Switch...

Softmod is the way to go, fail0verflow will lead the way.

LineoftheDead

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good luck soldering like that guy did, maybe you can't appreciate it because you... never soldered? but this guy is soldering stuff I would flat out refuse to work on.

I still think this post is a bit useless eventhough he was clear as to what his intentions were, 100$ to install a xecuter chip in a switch is not the most honest deal.
xD I do tend to challenge myself. what do you think is a honest deal? One of my clients charges $135 for my repairs and I seem to get a decent amount of work through him. I honestly wouldn't mind coming down a bit if it means more work. HMU

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I keep forgetting how toxic people are here. Sure the dude is advertising before any of us knows what work is required, but its crazy how quick everyone jumps in to shit on his post. Truth is he's got impressive work, micro soldering isn't something you just "look up" on youtube and are good to go. Coming from someone who actually has taken a soldering iron to small electronics, never would I even bother attempt what he has shown.
thanks bro!

I think what he's offering is fine. But they way in which he's doing so is incredibly "advertisement"-esque, which is clearly very frowned upon on a lot of forums. If you're, say, on a forum for relationship advice, you don't want to see, "Hey! So I'm charging services for this! These are all of my packages!" from a rando. it just seems... tacky, regardless of "experience". Like a "I love money! Give me your money!" thing. I think it's completely understandable the way in which people are reacting here, especially given the fact that we know almost nothing about this device yet, or even if it'd be a modchip.
I was just trying to be professional. I pride myself in my work

I hate to say it, but soldering only becomes somewhat easy when you have the right tools. My first iron i couldnt do a damn thing with. My second iron was better but still sucked. My most recent one u spent some good money on and this thing makes soldering so much better.

When you have crap tools then you will do a crap job. When you have good tools you can still do a crap job. It does take patience and skill to do micro soldering.

Good luck to the OP on your endeavors. Its a tough market when you have a low post count the community doesnt know you from a hole in the wall.

Btw. Where did that saying come from? "i dont know you from a hole in the wall". My only thought is it has something to do with glory holes.
$$$$ indeed, ~$500 on the microscope and ~$300 on soldering setup.

I know another thing that's tiny.

Sorry, had to be. ;)
Tic-Tacs

kingdruid

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.thelowridergame.com
XP
Country
United States
First off, I'm not trying to step on anyone's toes here, but I do see a market coming very soon and Id like to be a part of it. Lets face it, Team Xecuter will provide an ultimate solution and it will most likely require a lot of soldering (YT "Xecuter Mod"). No, you dont know me, I've spent my 2 years here as a lurker, but hopefully the pictures I have attached below can show some sign of my legitimacy. My service fee is $100 (excluding parts) and it comes with a 30 day warranty (NOT hardware/software damage done by you). All devices will be tested both before and after soldering, shipping to me will be handled by you, shipping to you will be handled by me (standard).
Pads were torn, I had to run wireView attachment 110584
Before (notice capacitor pads black) View attachment 110596 After (red lines indicate replaced parts) View attachment 110597
Fixing a mistake from someone else (ripped pads) Flux was not cleaned before photo was taken View attachment 110598

Can you share some pics and info on the equipment you use for soldering?

Reactions: DayVeeBoi

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Here we go. Just as I expected, people cashing in for modchip installs

It's not a bad thing. The price is just a bit extreme for most people.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the switch has a tiny motherboard
BNOR7TjCQAAFbvL.jpg

remlei

Trophies
XP
Country
100$ for a frekin soldering job. im just glad that people here in my country were not that ridiculous when it comes to soldering jobs.

if im not mistaken, it only took me 10$ to do a board level repair on my laptop, that has a broken LVDS connection.
not to mention that some of the modchip installation for console is free as long as you bring the console with them and it only took about 5minutes to get the job done installing a ODE modchip on ps3 super slim.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xD I do tend to challenge myself. what do you think is a honest deal? One of my clients charges $135 for my repairs and I seem to get a decent amount of work through him. I honestly wouldn't mind coming down a bit if it means more work. HMU

thanks bro!

I was just trying to be professional. I pride myself in my work

$$$$ indeed, ~$500 on the microscope and ~$300 on soldering setup.

Tic-Tacs
Of course! Which is why I said it's fine. I appreciate ya! I just think the way in which it was stated could give people the wrong idea. Especially since we don't know whether or not it's a modchip yet.

Zonark

Zonark - Noun - A God
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
id buy honestly, I'm good with soldering but hate micro soldering. Smallest I've done would have been N3DS hard mod for recovery terms. Only thing I ask is images of joints for it costing 100 bones. (if you don't have a micro camera you can use a lens from a laser that's in a dvd drive over your phone lens. would you be willing to do that for me?

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just thought how hilarious if this Xecuter thing was stopped by someone in the team being accused of sexual assault. So now I have two humorous fantasies involving this. The other being it being an April Fool's joke.

Reactions: Thirty3Three
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat