XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
@OP, I see a lot of people giving you a hard time. I dont think you deserve it. You are just trying to make a buck so you can survive life. Nothing wrong with that. I strongly suggest that you start investing time into this community with helping other users troubleshooting their console issues for what you can. Show you are an active member of the community. Also, make a thread in the market place section (wherever the hell that is, because I never used it). If you wanna chat with me in a PM then feel free to send a message. I kinda wanna see if I can help you out.

@Everyone else, I made a much similar thread days before this man/woman did, and although a couple people complained, the majority of people were rather welcoming to my offer even though it was in the wrong section and we don't know the details of TX mod yet. If OP is as good with soldering as he has shown in his pictures, then I think he is likely capable. I mean, he isn't doing no aerospace quality soldering, but doing repairs and stuff like in his examples can be difficult. I feel the only reason anyone has to be weary about is that he/she doesn't have a reputation here, but we all must start somewhere. Hell, maybe if I get too over loaded with TX mod work then I may ask him/her to take over some. I have a few people that want to take any overflow I have. I am willing to give anyone a chance. I have been burned in much worse ways. I am not one to try to hog the work all to myself. People need to be able to pay for food and tools.

Jonna

Some sort of musician.
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Canada
@OP, I see a lot of people giving you a hard time. I dont think you deserve it. You are just trying to make a buck so you can survive life. Nothing wrong with that. I strongly suggest that you start investing time into this community with helping other users troubleshooting their console issues for what you can. Show you are an active member of the community. Also, make a thread in the market place section (wherever the hell that is, because I never used it). If you wanna chat with me in a PM then feel free to send a message. I kinda wanna see if I can help you out.

@Everyone else, I made a much similar thread days before this man/woman did, and although a couple people complained, the majority of people were rather welcoming to my offer even though it was in the wrong section and we don't know the details of TX mod yet. If OP is as good with soldering as he has shown in his pictures, then I think he is likely capable. I mean, he isn't doing no aerospace quality soldering, but doing repairs and stuff like in his examples can be difficult. I feel the only reason anyone has to be weary about is that he/she doesn't have a reputation here, but we all must start somewhere. Hell, maybe if I get too over loaded with TX mod work then I may ask him/her to take over some. I have a few people that want to take any overflow I have. I am willing to give anyone a chance. I have been burned in much worse ways. I am not one to try to hog the work all to myself. People need to be able to pay for food and tools.
So what did you do correct that this individual didn't? There's a reason, or multiple, for that which the OP can learn from.

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This much I know, we can all sit here and say "hey, I'm going to offer blah blah service once blah blah is released. Most of you don't know how TX works obviously, first off, none of us will be the "first" to offer anything, TX has a tendency to supply their own installers with the hardware first. They will get the parts in bulk, thus shorting the market and well we get left behind for the first 3-6 months.

Secondly, never post publically how much you are going to charge. Now, I and @DeadlyFoez know what you intend to charge, so now we know how much to undercut you. As stated you might want to build a reputation around here before you go spouting off about a service that cost $100 plus the fact that they have to trust you an unknown person with a 300$ console.. So now, they have $400 invested in an unknown person, plus the cost of the TX product.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Now, I and @DeadlyFoez know what you intend to charge, so now we know how much to undercut you.
I do not feel any bit threatened by what the OP has offered. He is kinda going blind into a tough space.

When I first started doing my wii repairs, I charges $50 per repair. As time went on and the demand wasn't as high, I dropped it to $40 because used consoles at that point were not much more expensive. My final few repairs were done for $30 a piece. OP's asking price may seem a little high for what users are willing to wait for a free solution (if one comes around), but I don't feel that it is overpriced if his skills are that trustworthy and if he had a reputation here.

I don't need to compete with anyone. If someone chooses someone else to do the work besides me then I don't mind. I like an open market. Everyone needs to eat and live. I hope OP does get some work from this.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I do not feel any bit threatened by what the OP has offered. He is kinda going blind into a tough space.

When I first started doing my wii repairs, I charges $50 per repair. As time went on and the demand wasn't as high, I dropped it to $40 because used consoles at that point were not much more expensive. My final few repairs were done for $30 a piece. OP's asking price may seem a little high for what users are willing to wait for a free solution (if one comes around), but I don't feel that it is overpriced if his skills are that trustworthy and if he had a reputation here.

I don't need to compete with anyone. If someone chooses someone else to do the work besides me then I don't mind. I like an open market. Everyone needs to eat and live. I hope OP does get some work from this.

$100 plus the unknown cost of the 'method/device'... It's a massive upset for a few reasons.

$100 for the service itself? I know some reputable folk nearby who charge a variable fee from $20-$50 for soldering jobs. They also offer up to 6 months guarantee. This is all dependent of the device or whatever needs done. Then he's jumping the gun on the service itself. It's one thing to state that he'll be looking into offering a service.. but to come out and advertise a service for a HUGE unknown? It's... just not all too right... Then there's the warranty.. I may have missed it, but what's he offering to do if the device is damaged during the install? What if the soldering causes problems past the 30 day deadline?

Honestly? I have no qualms with the guy offering a service here. In fact it's welcome, as it gives people options.

Last edited by Kioku,

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
OP's prices for labor are not outrageous.

For any person that is doing a technical job for their living generally charges about $100 an hour, if not more. Sub contract to get a server installed or repairs on your home PC, you will find it is pricey because there is plenty of overhead costs of running a business. Just because someone is trying to make a buck under the table or away from Uncle Sam does not mean that it is all profit to that individual. Tools cost money. Years of practice amounts to a lot.

If I were to have some random person come to me and ask me to repair the DC jack on their dell laptop, I would generally charge about $120 to do it at todays prices. But joe blow down the street that specializes on doing this exact repair on this exact laptop could do it for $45. But this is not a market yet where we have a person doing clockwork on switch hacking, and it will never be that way. So you need to understand that there is a price to pay to do some work that is unusual, like these console hacks. Someone doing hard mods like this usually has years of experience and plenty of time invested into their understanding of how it all works. Their time of researching and learning amounts to quite a bit and people deserve to get paid for their experience that they have earned.

This is not like flipping burgers at McDonalds where you can demand $15 for minimum wage that any drugged out tool can do.

Hell, even when I go job hunting now, I have a hard time fighting for $15 an hour to do things that took me over a decade to perfect. But some pimply faced thieving teen can demand $15 an hour without a single bit of experience.

I only have mentioned a $50 maximum for me to do the mod just because I can see that I may be doing enough of then so frequently that I can turn them out like clockwork, but if only 5 or so people came to me and asked me to spend days worth of researching to figure out how to do this for them, then maybe I would charge more than $100.

Reactions: DayVeeBoi
D

Deleted-355425

What if this is a plug on mod lol

Last edited by ,

bennyman123abc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Cost half of that and gets a higher melting point solder and corrosion resistant and made with huge expensive equipment."
was why shiny was said. "Sn63/Pb37 is a eutectic alloy with a melting point of 183°C (361°F). Typical applications are wave soldering and plating where Sn63/Pb37 is primarily used as a coating for corrosion protection, and as a base for soldering."
I have a $25 soldering iron that gets up to 400°F. Your point?
Also, you do realize this thing is most likely a glitch chip, correct? It's not going to stick around long, if at all. Someday, it can be patched, no matter how "unpatchable" Team Xecutor claims it to be if it is indeed a glitch chip. We will have more hardware revisions, etc. as we've seen from other companies. I just don't see much of a market in this. #SwitchSoftmoddingFTW

Last edited by bennyman123abc,

Missing Number

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
lol at the responses, though i only read the first page, im assuming the negativity has been much

man says : yo, dont ruin ur switch, i can do it, and i'll do it right, but obvs im not just doing charity
response : lawl, i got sodder, f ur ad!!
response : stuuupid, gfaw i can do it too!
response : wrong section! burn urself!

makes sense one might make use of a potential market, but its kinda hard to get someone to trust you with something worth $500 for the low low price of $100 if you haven't got a name for yourself. one could easily take said hardware and sell it, getting paid twice. in cases like these, you need some kind of legitimacy to make people trust ya, so it makes sense most people wouldn't even consider it. though i do feel most people are just in this thread to troll

i do wonder what the hack is tho, if it were a softmod, it'd be sweet..... hardmod less so....

Reactions: LineoftheDead
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    A @ anotherthing: The Nintendo servers are going down in 9 days anyway.