Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
It is fact that if they release their method soldering must be done using microscope to properly solder that thing...

You gonna charge us $100 to do it? :rolleyes:

You can't say this and be 100% sure. We know NOTHING outside of there now being at least two options.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Such things are flexible from time to time. This would appear to be one of those.
Don't go all rules lawyer on us.
I'm not big on following rules, but in a case like this surely they are extremely necessary? A person with a handful of posts has shown up only to advertise a high-cost service which would involve members sending high-cost consoles to them. There is a trade section in the forums where such things can be monitored and moderated easily. What exactly justifies being flexible here? Why not do everything to protect the interests of members when there is already a system in place to facilitate it?

GameSystem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, guys. The thread is not yet dead. Solderless version will cost $150, and solder version will cost $25. There is still potential here!

FierceDeityLinkMask

GbaTemp's Official Deity
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There will also be a soldered version so it's not dead at all. Someone could still potentially be scammed here and it seems no mod is interested or willing to spend 2 seconds to click a move button to uphold the rules of the forum.
If someone is dumb enough to actually believe this guy then they deserve to be scammed. Honestly, nobody smart is going to buy a solder version if they have no idea what they are doing. They will save and buy the solderless version. Anyone that does know what they are doing will do whatever they want. Only a complete retard would get scammed by this. They deserve it at this point.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If someone is dumb enough to actually believe this guy then they deserve to be scammed. Honestly, nobody smart is going to buy a solder version if they have no idea what they are doing. They will save and buy the solderless version. Anyone that does know what they are doing will do whatever they want. Only a complete retard would get scammed by this. They deserve it at this point.
Nevertheless, there are supposed to be mods around to protect those gullible members. This is a console hacking community after all, not the Serengeti.

FierceDeityLinkMask

GbaTemp's Official Deity
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nevertheless, there are supposed to be mods around to protect those gullible members. This is a console hacking community after all, not the Serengeti.
The mods will be here in due time man, nobody is going to fall for this in the meantime. I just think you're overreacting a bit.

Reactions: LineoftheDead

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First, this was posted before anything was known about it. Second, You're being pessimstic as fuck. He's probably not even scamming at all. The fact that you jump right into defense mode and get your moist panties in a bunch about it shows that you're just being a vagina about it.

EDIT: changed "dick" to "Vagina" because panties.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The mods will be here in due time man, nobody is going to fall for this in the meantime. I just think you're overreacting a bit.
I'm probably coming across a bit more foaming-at-the-mouth than I actually am. It just annoys me when the vultures come out of hiding the moment there's a chance of making money out of a community like this.

Last edited by subcon959,
Reactions: FierceDeityLinkMask

FierceDeityLinkMask

GbaTemp's Official Deity
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First, this was posted before anything was known about it. Second, You're being pessimstic as fuck. He's probably not even scamming at all. The fact that you jump right into defense mode and get your moist panties in a bunch about it shows that you're just being a vagina about it.

EDIT: changed "dick" to "Vagina" because panties.

"First, this was posted before anything was known about it." And that matters, because???

"Second, You're being pessimstic as fuck. He's probably not even scamming at all." Yeah, Right. Clearly @subcon959 had reason to believe that people would fall for this if you think there is even the slightest chance of this "offer" being legitimate. People are more retarded than I thought. I own him/her an apology.

"The fact that you jump right into defense mode and get your moist panties in a bunch about it shows that you're just being a vagina about it." Now who's in defense mode?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm probably coming across a bit more foaming-at-the-mouth than I actually am. It just annoys me when the vultures come out of hiding the moment there's a chance of making money out of a community like this.

I own you an apology. Not just because of the retard above you who thinks that this offer could even for a second be legitimate, but also because I can see where you're coming from a bit more clearly.

Reactions: Kioku

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"First, this was posted before anything was known about it." And that matters, because???

"Second, You're being pessimstic as fuck. He's probably not even scamming at all." Yeah, Right. Clearly @subcon959 had reason to believe that people would fall for this if you think there is even the slightest chance of this "offer" being legitimate. People are more retarded than I thought. I own him/her an apology.

"The fact that you jump right into defense mode and get your moist panties in a bunch about it shows that you're just being a vagina about it." Now who's in defense mode?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I own you an apology. Not just because of the retard above you who thinks that this offer could even for a second be legitimate, but also because I can see where you're coming from a bit more clearly.
Don't be pessy. it's unhealthy. optimism is where it's at. The guy could be telling the truth. Who the hell knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    I'm much more on the killing floor :x
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Imagine that every Pokemon game is the exact same but with slight tweaks.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, I'm not much of a gaymer, more-so a creator.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    @SylverReZ Syl my beloved :bow: gm
    +1
    It is friday
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Last time I played a game was hmmm... can't exactly recall. :wacko:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he...