• Replies 304
  • Likes 29

TheUnhingedOne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is just a port of my original TerraInveditDroid, nothing special.

Current version: v0.1_C13 (2016.06.20 21:21:21)

Features:
  • Corrupt-proof file saving
  • Confusing "UI"
  • Has a weird console-based interface
  • You can hack in items that aren't existing in the game's code
  • Can edit your coin pouch and your ammo case too
  • Very fast and responsive
  • Supports dynamic savadata opening (even if installed on NAND / gamecart (for goatwait users))
  • Somewhat colorful
Not intended "features":
  • The code is not checking if the current modifier could be applied for the current item, so Terraria will "correct" it to a different, and often worse modifier
  • Trying to delete your edited player file from Terraria crashes, and reboots the system, but it deletes the player file anyways

Video:

Images, if you prefer them instead of videos:
945d62e4de.jpg

299b4dbdbf.jpg

18f298a1a2.jpg

503f9c255f.jpg

66fda2a15d.jpg

6deeab53cb.jpg

ecd49969b1.jpg

0c9993ea7d.jpg

0ee22f0862.jpg
Note: Developer items disappear after a while, and you can't equip them. But you can equip Red's wings, and that one doesn't disappear :D

Thanks to @HappyzLife for the application icon! :yay:

All my public projects are opensoos! Browse the sooscode on GitHub!

If you don't know how to run the downloaded file, take a look here: https://smealum.github.io/3ds/

If you're lazy, just grab the 3dsx file here.
Optionally, if you need an icon, get it here.

Or if you haz pirated Terraria, get the cia version here.
If you want to uninstall the .cia version, because you no longer wanted to be a pirate:
9acca67f6b.jpg

@Zelock made a QR code for new FBI for instant install :yay3ds: (also, post no. 6464646, lol)

This does not work on the newest version, 1.0.5

Alain Desjardins

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It works for me with 1.0.5 :unsure:
Oh I'm sorry, I thought the item names was getting updated. I'll check it out :)

Thanks for your hard work. This inventory editor is a must have for my favorite game. I bought 4 3DS systems just to play this local multiplayer with my family. I try not to cheat but sometimes the game screws you over and this editor is a good way to fix some things!

Where do I go for the latest CIA? Maybe it's not working because I am having trouble finding the latest version. I look at the link https://github.com/MarcuzD/TerraInveditThreedee but it says last update was November 19th. Is that the right one?

Last edited by Alain Desjardins,

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Oh I'm sorry, I thought the item names was getting updated. I'll check it out :)

Thanks for your hard work. This inventory editor is a must have for my favorite game. I bought 4 3DS systems just to play this local multiplayer with my family. I try not to cheat but sometimes the game screws you over and this editor is a good way to fix some things!

Where do I go for the latest CIA? Maybe it's not working because I am having trouble finding the latest version. I look at the link https://github.com/MarcuzD/TerraInveditThreedee but it says last update was November 19th. Is that the right one?

The item names need to be manually updated by hand, so that's the reason why they don't get updated.

Also, here's the 3dsx, and here's the cia :P

Also, I made a failsafe feature into the inveditor, so if the savefile *does* get incompatible, it'll warn you :P but ye, it works for me :P

Issac Ukiba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I honestly have only one request for this editor going forward:

The game has a standard inventory of 10 hot bar items + 40 inventory spaces + 4 coin slots + 4 ammo slots, giving our main inventory a grand total of 58.
On top of this, the character structure should follow those 58 slots with 3 armor slots, 3 Vanity Slots, and 5 accessory slots, for a grand total of 69 inventory slots.

your editor only goes to about 48 (10 hot bar + 30 inventory + 4 Coin + 4 Ammo). Is it possible to expand the editor to gain access at least to the full 58 inventory slots, if not the max 69 for armor, vanity and accessory slots?

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I honestly have only one request for this editor going forward:

The game has a standard inventory of 10 hot bar items + 40 inventory spaces + 4 coin slots + 4 ammo slots, giving our main inventory a grand total of 58.
On top of this, the character structure should follow those 58 slots with 3 armor slots, 3 Vanity Slots, and 5 accessory slots, for a grand total of 69 inventory slots.

your editor only goes to about 48 (10 hot bar + 30 inventory + 4 Coin + 4 Ammo). Is it possible to expand the editor to gain access at least to the full 58 inventory slots, if not the max 69 for armor, vanity and accessory slots?

If I find my Terraria sooscode (:ninja:) again then I'll look into it :P

Reactions: Garblant

needhelp3ds

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol, why would you want to build it yourself? :P

Anyways, I don't think this is the full error message :( Is your devkitARM the latest version? Is ctrulib the latest version? If you have an old devkitARM, then update it. If you have the latest ctrulib, then downgrade it.
Hey, dude, i try to get certain items, such as meowmere, but they just show up as white blocks. help plz

Issac Ukiba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, dude, i try to get certain items, such as meowmere, but they just show up as white blocks. help plz
Item names that are shown are from the full list of Item IDs on PC, the 3DS Terraria throws an exception if the item ID does not match up with an item in the code of the 3DS version. That's when you get the white blocks which must be trashed.

Simply put, White blocks mean that item does not exist in 3DS Terraria. (Do note that some item IDs are different from PC versions and as such, will be different in the game when you go through editing the inventory.)

Reactions: needhelp3ds

needhelp3ds

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Item names that are shown are from the full list of Item IDs on PC, the 3DS Terraria throws an exception if the item ID does not match up with an item in the code of the 3DS version. That's when you get the white blocks which must be trashed.

Simply put, White blocks mean that item does not exist in 3DS Terraria. (Do note that some item IDs are different from PC versions and as such, will be different in the game when you go through editing the inventory.)
Thanks dude!

SuperSwagger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Including, for SOME REASON, the shroomite digging claws (which are in every other version, even WiiU.) The interesting thing is, though, the Pot o' Gold (Patty's exclusive item, not obtainable) can be modded in with the invedit. The guide even quotes it. Brings into question what the devs look at during development.
Would be an awesome time to polish this up seeing as how there won't be any more updates to Terraria on old gen consoles.
Once they get to the edge of the cliff. The XB1 and PS4 (I think those were what it was) along with PC got 1.3 content, and the WiiU got an update to put it up to par with Console 1.2.last. I think that they will do the same with 3DS, then leave it hanging (hopefully it gets digging claws). Polishing would be great tho

EDIT: Also this got on TitleDB! Yay!

EDIT 2: I FOUND A BUG. The inventory slots labeled as "coin pouch" and "ammo case" are the first 8 slots in the bottom two rows of items in the game inventory (did 1.05 add 10 extra slots?) If someone could fix this that would be great. Thanks :)

Last edited by SuperSwagger,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.