Hacking [Tested]How to stop 5.5.2 force updating no use block dns and no firmware install pack

mariogamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone know where to find a build of ftpiiu everywhere? trying to compile but I get some error...

Ok found it on FIX94 github

Last edited by mariogamer,

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So doing this seems better than just blocking updates with DNS right?

Why wasn't this ever mentioned as a way to block updates before, seem it should have been included as an option in some guides.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So doing this seems better than just blocking updates with DNS right?

Why wasn't this ever mentioned as a way to block updates before, seem it should have been included as an option in some guides.

Because editing the SysNAND is a potentially risky thing, not everyone is willing to risk editing and possibly bricking their system from a single misstep. This can be dangerous without knowing how, and yes, the guide is easy to follow. There could have been an influx of "I bricked my Wii U" situations. Just saying.

Diego788

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
so... doing this will prevent the Wii U from updating.. after this can i disable the DNS and go to eshop without the fear of updating the Wii U? and then buy a DS game normally to install Haxchi?

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm waiting til someone can confirm that there's a way to recreate the folder to be able to update again. Seems like you can only delete the folder but not recreate it, from what I've read a few posts back.

veggav

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I can confirm it's possible to recreate the folder.
It worked after several reboots.

I was finally able to accomplish what I wanted:
sysnand 5.5.1 and emunand 5.5.2.

This is what I did:
Let the wii u download the update files.
Copy all the 4 folders to SD card.
To be able to browse this files in sysnand you need to launch mocha cfw with rednand disabled.

Enter mocha cfw with rednand.
Use the first version of wup installer
Install each folder (title) at a time.

Success!
So now I still have an entry point with firmware 5.5.1 and I can play online, use eshop, dlc, safe with rednand!

mariogamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

This is what I did:
To be able to browse this files in sysnand you need to launch mocha cfw with rednand disabled.

Success!
So now I still have an entry point with firmware 5.5.1 and I can play online, use eshop, dlc, safe with rednand!
Did you tryed to update throught sys setting? an error code while updating after that? Cause I'm getting an error code....

Last edited by mariogamer,

windy2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good job, so far as I known, there are 3 wares support fs hack, thery are:

1. iosuhax
2. Mocha CFW + FSHax (Not normal version)
3. Haxchi directly

What you need to do is to run anyone of the above wares, and then run ftpiiu_everywhere, the last step is just to run ftp client on PC, connect to your wiiu and remove the directory of torage_mlc/sys/update (rename operation will be denied, only delete works).

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

This is what I did:

Success!

I'm wondering whether the 4 folders can be shared to install on other consoles?

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
I'm waiting til someone can confirm that there's a way to recreate the folder to be able to update again. Seems like you can only delete the folder but not recreate it, from what I've read a few posts back.
Well I got tired of waiting around for confirmation. We can't seem to get proper confirmation about this, so I went ahead and tried it myself. I can confirm that that the update folder will be recreated, and updates will start to download.

The only thing I did not test (and I'm not willing to test, for obvious reasons!) is whether the Wii U will actually update after the download bar finishes. It shouldn't be a problem though as the whole process simply blocks the update files from having a place to be downloaded to. Since this is not the issue and the files are being downloaded, I fail to see why it would fail to update.

In any case, I just wrote a proper guide here:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/block-wii-u-system-updates-without-dns-blocking.477944/

Reactions: Deniii and Froz

Corso

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
so... doing this will prevent the Wii U from updating.. after this can i disable the DNS and go to eshop without the fear of updating the Wii U? and then buy a DS game normally to install Haxchi?

I had the same idea as you, the thing is if update folder is deleted, you still can download a game from the eshop? or that will also need that folder to actually install the game... If someone had tested this, please, tell us... We need a secure Haxchi procedure at 5.5.1 with no risking about updating to 5.5.2. Thanks!.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt