Hacking [Tested]How to stop 5.5.2 force updating no use block dns and no firmware install pack

Rokon2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I'm understanding this correctly, this guide will essentially prevent future updates by removing the location of which updates would be stored. Does that also mean one could remove DNS blocks and take advantage of online services/multiplayer?

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
So if I'm understanding this correctly, this guide will essentially prevent future updates by removing the location of which updates would be stored. Does that also mean one could remove DNS blocks and take advantage of online services/multiplayer?
Yes. Though you'll still need to run nnu patcher on a lower fw than the latest for online eshop and online stuff

Effi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
You don't need mocha if using haxchi
Haxchi also has dispatches
Yeah, but I'm confused, can I recreate the update folder on Sysnand in the future, if I'll decide to update in the future?
Yes. Though you'll still need to run nnu patcher on a lower fw than the latest for online eshop and online stuff
Can I recreate the "update" folder if I'd like to update in the future?

nalle077

Trophies
XP
Country
For you with problems getting the 105-3012 to go away, I clicked out and in the settings in download management, then I clicked Haxchi after again, the box frezzed and then the problem was gone. I run rednand, but do not know if it will work on sysnand. I do not know if just click haxchi again will work. I can not try again :)

Effi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
V 5.5.2 is exploitable, so I guess we can recreate the "update" folder, then update to 5.5.2, and delete the folder again :)

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
there is no advantage to update to 5.5.2.
  • online play is still OK on 5.5.1
  • eshop and game updates work (after some nnupatcher-hbl magic)
  • you can keep web browser AND haxchi entry points
  • the update's folder trick works so nicely (thanks Shaoxudong) that we don't even have to care about automatic updates nor use any specific DNS

5.5.1 stays the best firmware, with very good entry points.
and BTW, 5.5.2 exploit is not reliable (for now at least)

Last edited by Badablek,
Reactions: Effi

phreak97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I’m already on 5.5.2, I was hoping to use this to prevent further updates but it seems 5.5.2 just creates the folder if it’s missing. I deleted it then pressed update and got the normal up to date message, no error, I then went back in via FTP and the folder was back. can anyone confirm this? I hope I did something wrong.

Edit:
I just did it again and the folder has not returned. I don’t get an error when trying to update but I probably won’t until there’s something to download right?

Last edited by phreak97,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Many such cases.