Hi my reuest:

Game Name:
Dragon Quest Monster Joker 3
Developer/Publisher: Square Enix
Release: March 24 2016
Genre: RPG

Does it have lots of text?
Yes
Why I don't think this will come out in the West?
Its more than a year of the Japanese Release and a lot of other DQ Games comes to US and EUROPE Square say nothing about a possible release
What is it about?
Its the 3th part of th DQMJ series and I cnat read Japanese, but I have played a little bit, I think its a boy and he wonna get a Master Scouter like DGMJ1
Popularity in Japan:
Its Dragon Quest I think it is lot of Popular
Screenshots:
l_5641aa925c5eb_thumb.jpg
DragonQuestMonstersJoker3_005.jpg

Videos:

Why I think it needs to be translated?
Its a great game and the non Japanese speaking people cant enjoy this, with a english patch must the most people play and understand it (me as german can play english games perfekt)
What I can do to help:
I am a noob in 3ds mod and translate scene, I think i can test the game to find bugs for the first translations

I hope someone do a translation after see this ^_^

thx in advance

sorgur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hey guys,

I'm looking for the undub version of Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance, but strangely I just can't find even a mention of it.
Does it exist in any form?
I know KH games are always a pain to undub because of the many changes and differences between the Japanese, the Western and the "international" versions, still I hope there is an undub. Or maybe the Japanese version with replaced English texts?

brunocar

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Game Name: Gundam: The 3D Battle
Developer/Publisher: Artdink/Bandai Namco
Release: march 2011
Genre: Mecha

nope, as a matter of fact, a simple menu patch would be more than enough to fully enjoy the game, it already has tons of things in english, but the stats screen i mostly in japanese (though the text itself has been translated in the form of a guide for the game this is a port of, Gundam Battle Universe)
Bandai Namco fucking hates western UC fans, thats why
What is it about?
It's a fanservice game of sorts, with it featuring mechanics of the still ongoing Gundam Versus series, but more focused on customization, MS variety, singleplayer missions and has a slower, more realistic pace.
Popularity in Japan:
it was a decently popular launch title, dunno why it didnt get a sequel, hell, it already had one on the PSP and they did make another game on the vita.
Screenshots:
gundam1.jpg
gundam2.jpg

Videos:

because the 3DS could really use some 3D shooters, let alone one with RPG elements and tons of content and since its a port of a game thats already somewhat documented and doesnt have much text that you NEED to understand, it would be an easy job
What I can do to help:
i can provide the various translations i gathered over the years by searching about the PSP games, most of which either applies to this or isnt necessary (the main menu is actually in english in the 3DS port)

TheGameSquid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Game Name: Yo-Kai Watch Busters
Developer/Publisher: Level-5 Inc.
Release: July 11, 2015
Genre: Action / Beat-em-up / RPG

While this one is focussed more on action-packed real-time battles, the amount of stuff to translate is still pretty massive.

Currently it's still not even clear if the third mainline entry in the Yo-Kai Watch series is going to be localised for the West, so it seems increasingly unlikely that Level-5 will put this spin-off on Western shores in the final years of the 3DS's lifespan. Furthermore, Yo-Kai Watch's popularity seems to be waning in Japan as well, so Level-5 is probably more focused on new franchises right now.

What is it about?
Yo-Kai Watch Busters is basically a larger, expanded version of the Blasters minigame found in Yo-Kai Watch 2. This is more akin to a top-down beat-em-up where you directly control a Yo-Kai and zip around town beating up enemy Yo-Kai or a big boss. The game enjoys some pretty obvious stylistic influences from Ghost Busters.

Popularity in Japan:
Was awarded 8/9/8/8 [33/40] by Famitsu. According to VGChartz it sold a nice 2,3 million copies in Japan, which is unsurprising considering how successful the series has been.

Level-5 brought out a ton of games on the 3DS, but left quite a lot of them in its native Japan. While Yo-Kai watch didn't click with everyone, it seems the majority of people did enjoy the feel of the original game and the Yo-Kai designs. I've seen plenty of people who complained about the original game's combat system, and I suppose that this might be a game more suited for those people. It also helps that this game riffs on a beloved American movie franchise, so Western gamers will surely get a kick out of it.

What can I do to help:
While I am a programmer by trade, and have experience with a relatively large amount of programming languages, I generally have very little knowledge on ROM hacking, 3DS internals or 3DS game internals. I have zero knowledge of the Japanese language.

Video:

Screenshots:

screenshotBusters_1.jpg
screenshotBusters_2.jpg
screenshotBusters_3.jpg

541942_front.jpg

Sofes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Game Name: The Snack World: Trejarers
Developer/Publisher: Level5
Release: August 10, 2017
Genre: RPG Hack and Slash

Yes.

There is no announcement yet. But if ever it will be localized it would be most likely after a year or two.

What is it about?
The series follows Chup, Pepperon, and Mayone, three adventurers within the Snack World.
The game utilizes NFC technology to make use of the franchise's Jara, a line of toys that resemble weapons that Chup can find and use within The Snack World.

Popularity in Japan:
HUGE

The game has a lot of items/equipments which has effects/bonuses that are all on text

What I can do to help:
Maybe testing?? :)

Screenshots: (Credits to the owners)
the-snack-world-trejarers-406997.4.jpg

1-17.jpg

Videos:

Yeah, wish there's an english translation for this game too.

Sofes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
@Sofes, The game will be released in 2018, I believe. There is many multi language placeholders in the files

2ZoPdEG.png
Sorry, not good with these... what are placesholders? I have the Jap version, but totally dont understand jap. doesnt it mean i can change the language?

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
well, some games had placeholders and never got official translation XD(like these maple history for DS and 3DS, there are slot for korean, japanese and english, even with english never coming )
you could give a look;replace some folder and see if there are something there... yooka laylee had placeholder for portuguese but was machine translated and was terrible XD
no oficial portuguese translation as well

Subötaï

Trophies
XP
Country
yooka laylee had placeholder for portuguese but was machine translated and was terrible XD
no oficial portuguese translation as well
AeternoBlade had a full Hebrew translation in the files that was never used. Anyway, I believe the official translation of The Snack World will be released later, this is a big title from Level5 in the end

AyanamiRei

Trophies
XP
Country
France
AeternoBlade had a full Hebrew translation in the files that was never used. Anyway, I believe the official translation of The Snack World will be released later, this is a big title from Level5 in the end
I hope you are right !
The third Inazuma Eleven Go was supposed to be their biggest series finale, and yet Europe (the "football continent") never saw it coming.

If The Snack World comes to us on 3DS, then there is hope for a Yôkai Watch 3 release too. *_*

mizorechan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Game Name: SD Gundam G Generation 3D
Developer/Publisher: Bandai Namco
Release: 2011
Genre: Turn-Based Strategy

Doesn't have a lot of dialogue but has a lot of characters and mechs (mobile suits and mobile armors).

It's 2018 already. And games from this franchise never are released outside of Japan.

What is it about?
A crossover game from Gundam Franchise. Features characters from various Gundam series.

Popularity in Japan:
It's a long running gaming series which started in the 90s I believe. It's popular but not popular like MH or DQ.

Screenshots:
2261384-sdggg3dscreen6.jpg
gfs_228288_2_6.jpg
0101.jpg
sd-gundam-g-generation-3d-japan-import-d51e2a8c515afead957d7addbc71f689.jpg

Videos:

It's a good Turn-Based Strategy game and the 3DS is the new "home" of this type of games. Also, no game from this franchise was released outside of Japan.

What I can do to help:
Translating some Characters and Mechs name. Also you can look for help from the team which translated the Overworld version (PSP):
https://gbatemp.net/threads/sd-gundam-g-generation-overworld-english-translation.369219/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: i am 28 :cry: