Country
United States
Game Name: Danball Senki W Chou Custom
Developer/Publisher: Level 5
Release: June 27 2013
Genre: Action RPG

Does it have lots of text?
It does indeed, typical action rpg
Why I don't think this will come out in the West?
The game came out in 2013, it already has a sequel (Danball Senki Wars is the 3rd game) and the switch is taking over. Level 5 is already on the next stage of things.....Level 6? lol (shoot me)
What is it about?
Little Robots that you customize in thousands of ways and then use them to beat the brakes off other little robots. Undeniably awesome.
Popularity in Japan:
I'm not sure but it has to bedecent, it has a TV Series and ish sooo. (What is the relevance of this section?)
Screenshots:
images

Videos:

Why I think it needs to be translated?
This series is arguably one of the best series on 3DS for its fun action, ridiculous replay value and multiplayer functionality.
What I can do to help:
Zilch, I know I'm a Piece'o'shit begger but there's plenty of people who want this game in english.

EDIT: I didn't want to ask for too much but there are also some other sick JPN games out there that people might not know about. I'm posting this list to generate a little hype around games I'm into for someone to hopefully make a request.

- Danball Senki Wars (obviously) - an RTS/ARPG take on LBX.
- Ex Troopers - goodiesohhi is working on this solo for those who don't know, maybe give his post a thumbs up to boost morale.
- Cube Creator DX
- Mushibugio
- Gaist Crusher God
- Medabot Dual
- Snack World

Last edited by Manana,

Onepunchbruh

Alhumdulillah
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Dragon quest heroes rocket slime 3

I have played Dragon quest heroes rocket slime Nds Version & never played its part 2 & 3 but I can tell you that its pretty awesome game please translate this game & if you can translate Nds games please translate its part 2 aswell!!!!

Has anyone thought of translating this? Is someone working on Dragon quest heroes rocket slime 3?

SWATlozar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Game Name: New Atelier Rorona
Developer/Publisher: Gust Co./Tecmo Koei
Release: June 5, 2015
Genre: Turn-based JRPG

I'd say yes. It's a typical JRPG with a visual novel interface. Other than the dialogue, there are various menus.

While the PS3 and Vita versions did get releases, this one didn't and it most likely won't. They'd release it by now if they wanted to.

What is it about?
About a girl named Rorona who wants to become a great alchemist.
So, she is tasked with saving her workshop because her master is lazy. She is fulfiling that task by doing a request every three months.
Also, she can also undertake quests that increase her popularity and make herself a pretty penny.
There are quite a lot of characters to help you, but you have to pay them every time you head out (in the PS3 version at least).
The game highly relies on events - some happen on a fixed date and some happen randomly, some are important and some are not.

Popularity in Japan:
The Atelier series is a quite huge series in Japan, and Atelier Rorona itself got quite a big amount of sales. I unfortunately don't know the sale figures for the 3DS version.

Screenshots:
Atelier-3DS-PV_04-22-15.jpg

Atelier-Rorona-3DS-Ann_003.jpg

images.jpeg

Videos:

Because it's a great game that came so close to get an international 3DS release just to get it canned. Sure, there are the PS3 and Vita versions, but the 3DS version is different from them because it has some additional features and the visual style had a major overhaul. I personally like it (maybe the heads are too big but it's fine). Dual screens, of course, also help.

What I can do to help:
Nothing much, unfortunately. I have a busy schedule right now, with university and everything. I could playtest the game if necessary since I got a 3DS specifically for fan translated games. I don't know if I'd be useful in any other aspect.

It's not a huge request, but I'd really love playing this game on the 3DS, as I think a lot of other people also would since the Atelier series is decently popular here.
Cheers!

EDIT: After scrolling a bit I saw that you guys are already doing some work on it. Sorry, I can't delete the request, so please delete it. Or keep it, I don't mind.
I'm honestly sorry, I didn't see it before.
Anyways, keep up the great work!

Last edited by SWATlozar,

Portal2player56

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game Name: Yokai Watch 3:Sushi,Tempura,Sukiyaki
Developer/Publisher: Level 5
Release: 2016
Genre: rpg

yes
yokai watch games have a notorious reputation of being localized WAY too late (a good two years or more after the previous is released)
What is it about?
Yokai watch 3 continues off from the previous ones (yokai watch 1,and yokai watch 2) where you play as either nate or katie* (yokai watch 1 & 2*) it has a new playable besides nate in yokai watch 3.
Popularity in Japan:
very popular
Screenshots:

Videos:

Yokai watch is a fun and challenging game to play alone or with friends and its rather unfortunate that this game series takes a long long time to be localized..
What I can do to help:
not much but i could play test patches for it.

HinaNaru Cutie

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
@DarkSynopsis
OK import texture fine, How to pass the characters limit?
View attachment 97146
View attachment 97147

Excuse me is the english patch for the game even out?? o Ao!!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Game Name: The Snack World: Trejarers
Developer/Publisher: Level5
Release: August 10, 2017
Genre: RPG Hack and Slash

Yes.

There is no announcement yet. But if ever it will be localized it would be most likely after a year or two.

What is it about?
The series follows Chup, Pepperon, and Mayone, three adventurers within the Snack World.
The game utilizes NFC technology to make use of the franchise's Jara, a line of toys that resemble weapons that Chup can find and use within The Snack World.

Popularity in Japan:
HUGE

The game has a lot of items/equipments which has effects/bonuses that are all on text

What I can do to help:
Maybe testing?? :)

Screenshots: (Credits to the owners)
the-snack-world-trejarers-406997.4.jpg

1-17.jpg

Videos:

Omg please do tell me someone is actually working on a translation for this game ; A ;!! I really want to have it!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Dropped you a PM, I would post how here so its around some where but I can't recall right now and its almost 2AM, should sleep not look into files :P

; A ; is there an english for the game?? Yet??

dehry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just thinking about Rorona on 3DS today after finding the Atelier wiki had zero information (as matter of a fact still listed it as being announced.) They did add another segment called Atelier Astrid which is supposed to be a prequel so it's not just dropping in the Vita translation and publishing or else Koei Tecmo would probably have done that.

Edit:
I will say that after spending the evening trying every SARC tool on the forums the arc.cx files for textures need some more work to be viewed. I took the earlier advice of removing the 90 prior to the SARC header but the tools I found got hung up on the BOM and then the file table was missing.

Last edited by dehry,

RedoLane

Supreme Punmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Game Name: Puyo Puyo Chronicle
Developer/Publisher: Sonic Team/SEGA
Release: December 8th, 2016
Genre: Puzzle-RPG

Yes. There's a lot of dialogue between characters in the series, but this one(since it's also an RPG game), got even more text since it contains generic NPC in every location in the game.
I won't mind if there's a translation only for the menus, character quotes in Versus mode and such.

Excluding Puyo Pop, Puyo Pop Fever and Puyo Puyo Tetris, none of the games in the series have been out in the west, so I doubt that one will come out too.

What is it about?

A game where you fight against opponents in a puzzle-game called Puyo Puyo. This time it combines an RPG story with RPG elements, while keeping the traditional Puyo Puyo rules in mind.

Popularity in Japan:

Very popular since the early 90s.

Screenshots:

Puyo-Puyo-Chronicle_08-19-16_001.jpg
Puyo-Puyo-Chronicle_08-19-16_006.jpg
Puyo-Puyo-Chronicle-Rules-Vids_10-21-16.jpg

Videos:

It's been over an year since it was out, but that game's popularity was overshadowed by Puyo Puyo Tetris' western release. I really want to see this game translated.

What I can do to help:

If a group will decide to translate the game, i'll playtest any patch they'll need it to be tested, with reasonable feedback on font placement in bubble speeches and overall font art design placement.
I have that game imported and decrypted, and I'm using it on Citra Canary builds.

Last edited by RedoLane,

carlosfg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Game Name: Dragon Quest XI - Echoes of an Elusive Age (3DS version)
Developer/Publisher: Square Enix
Release: 29/07/2017
Genre: Turn-based RPG

- It's an RPG, so obviously yes ;)

- Because Square-Enix has already made official that the 3DS version won't be localized.

What is it about?
- The typical village boy in his coming of age trial, which escalates into saving the world, recruiting all kind of allies during his journey, battling villains, etc.

Popularity in Japan:
- It's one of the most popular sagas in Japan. The 3DS version sold very well. It also has an interesting feature: you can play it in both 3D or 2D mode, for fans of retro-rpgs.

Screenshots:
dragon-quest-xi-2612-3.jpg

Videos:

- Because it's a solid title, from one of the most well-known sagas of rpgs in the history of videogames.

What I can do to help:
- Not much, really. I have no hacking skills and my Japanese knowledge is still low (JLPT N4 approx.). I could still proof-read the translated texts and beta-test the results.

Last edited by carlosfg,

Altsuraki

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

- Because Square-Enix has already made official that the 3DS version won't be localized.

- Because it's a solid title, from one of the most well-known sagas of rpgs in the history of videogames.

++ to Dragon Quest XI fam. You know people will love this because this guy and me came here to request this the same day they announced the game will not come to 3DS in NTSC/PAL.

Unfortunately, that's illegal. Translations have to be original work.
Wow, that's news to me.

Well that means that if somebody starts the translation we could have the game translated before its release on PS4 and Steam.
I offer myself to change the texts to Spanish once the english text is ready.

Last edited by Altsuraki,
Reactions: carlosfg

SWATlozar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
++ to Dragon Quest XI fam. You know people will love this because this guy and me came here to request this the same day they announced the game will not come to 3DS in NTSC/PAL.
I was so damn sad when I saw the news, I went here straight away to see if anyone already posted a translation request (I'm a huge DQ fan). And of course there is. And this game most likely will start getting translated soon because of the popularity of the series.

So, I also ask for that translation. That are four requests for this translation up to now.

mliit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

What is it about?
- The typical village boy in his coming of age trial, which escalates into saving the world, recruiting all kind of allies during his journey, battling villains, etc.

Popularity in Japan:
- It's one of the most popular sagas in Japan. The 3DS version sold very well. It also has an interesting feature: you can play it in both 3D or 2D mode, for fans of retro-rpgs.

Screenshots:

Videos:

What I can do to help:
- Not much, really. I have no hacking skills and my Japanese knowledge is still low (JLPT N4 approx.). I could still proof-read the translated texts and beta-test the results.

SquareEnix just announce DQ XI 3DS version won't come to the West! Such a bad news for us.. hope translation team consider to take this one.

Osha

Weh
Trophies
XP
Country
France

What is it about?

Popularity in Japan:

Screenshots:

Videos:

What I can do to help:

Adding to this pile, it's a real shame we'll never get the two modes, because Squeenix is being dumb as usual.

duelistjp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, that's illegal. Translations have to be original work.
I admit it couldn't be directly distributed but if you had a patcher that took one of the english games and the japanese rom and with the users click transferred them over and made other changes necessary for them to work wouldn't that skirt the legality issue as the patch wouldn't be distributing the copyrighted text. not sure if it's feasible or if it would alleviate any legal issues but it sounds to me like the exact same as the reason we can distribute patches but not patched roms

Last edited by duelistjp,

Mirby

BDFF Hype~ :3
Trophies
Website
mirbystudios.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Game Name: Final Fantasy
Release: (with FF Explorers) December 18, 2014 (stand alone) January 2015
Genre: JRPG

Yes
It's an anniversary game, and its been nearly 3 years since it came out
What is it about?
4 Warriors bearing crystals go out to restore the world from ruin
Popularity in Japan:
not sure about the remake, but Final Fantasy is VERY popular in japan
Screenshots:
http://www.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/l_541929c7e45d0.jpg http://www.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/privilege2_01_thumb.jpg
Videos:

It's the DEFINITIVE version of FF1
What I can do to help:
Not much really, sorry

quoting to bump this request (there's an older one buried in this thread too)

I'd love this one but I understand if progress is still halted on text insertion. I've looked into it and I don't even see a file that could contain the text lol

onibaku

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden

What is it about?

Popularity in Japan:

Screenshots:

Videos:

What I can do to help:

++ I love the DQ series and therefore, I add my request to the pile as well

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: idk, i don't have one