The 'Dygma Raise' Aims To Be "The World's Most Advanced Gaming Keyboard"

dygma-raise-5.jpg

Most keyboards we use still follow the 30 year old design, that is, one not really designed with gaming in mind. We do have gaming keyboards but they mostly follow the classic form factor. While split keyboards are not entirely new, one that has been particularly geared for an optimized gaming experience has not been widely adopted. Meet the Dygma Raise, a split keyboard that has been designed by gamers for gamers that intends to fill this gap.

dygma-raise-4.jpg

Zelda fan spotted

The title of this news post might sound cocky but that's what the official Kickstarter campaign is advertising its product as. The Dygma Raise comes chock-full with options while boasting "no learning curve". With the Raise, you can create multiple layouts and toggle instantly between them. Every key in every layout is remappable and can be configured as a macro with its own color. It also features hot-swappable mechanical switches, interchangeable palm pads, a sturdy full aluminium body, true N-key rollover, RGB Backlight and underglow, 8 thumb keys thanks to a split spacebar and the whole thing can be attached/detached to your liking. The latter feature will allow you to detach either side and play with the other, giving more space for your mouse and be able to play more comfortably.

Another neat feature that I have noticed is that the keyboard is also a natural fit for left-handed gamers, a demography that is often left out.

Naturally this premium product does not come cheap. The current KS pledges allows you to save up to 30%, with a special last week offer priced at €165.

dygma-raise-1.jpg dygma-raise-2.jpg dygma-raise-3.jpg dygma-raise-6.jpg dygma-raise-7.jpg

This ambitious project has been literally kickstarted by the former coach of League of Legends team Fnatic, Luis “Deilor” Sevilla. Luis and I have been in contact and he has been sharing his passion for his project and how he wants to contribute in the gaming industry, particularly in the e-sports field, with a more optimized keyboard in the ergonomic, customization, comfort and aesthetic front. To that end Dygma will be providing GBAtemp with a pre-retail review sample of the Raise so that you can have an exclusive look at what the retail version packs. Keep an eye out for our review sometime during the year!

With the Kickstarter campaign ending on the 21st of January, Dygma has already raised (pun intended) more than 200% of its initial goal. The Dygma Raise is expected to ship in Q4 of 2018.

:arrow: Dygma Raise Kickstarter Campaign
:arrow: Dygma Official Website

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Ergonomic, programmable, mechanical, RGB. It seems to hit all the right buttons (HA!), bit pricey but I don't see why it wouldn't sell to the target market. It's not outlandishly advanced or borderline science fiction so there's a good chance they'll deliver what they're promising. Build quality is a concern, this sounds good on paper but we'll see how well it fares after a few hundred games and few dozen keyboard-smashing rage quits.

Cursor key and numpad extensions when?

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
interesting, that gaming keyboard is also designed for leftys, i would definitely purchase one if that is not as EXPENSIVE AS my corsair K70 with red speed switches...

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, is kinda nice they thought to include a arm rest cushion. Next time I get a keyboard, gonna make sure it has arm rest cushions. It be nice if laptops can include them. :unsure:

D

Deleted User

I dont like the detachable part.... i use both hands and sometimes just one, unconciously using all the keys with both hands. I'll pass but lets see where will it go...

Baoulettes

The lonely man
Trophies
Website
www.baoulettes.fr
XP
Country
France
Actually I wish I could split my own keyboard that way.
Also led are nice when you work/type etc in low light (I do.^^)

Now about mechanical I never liked it, that way to noisy.
For me the best keyboard (for me!) is laptop slim touch or even apple keyboard that feel great to type in sadly I can not find apple keyboard for windows :D (I heard they is work around ?)

So that keyboard is nice but way too noisy, if you can not heard your game when you move your character I do not see the point :D (yeah I am salty there , you just need to turn volume up on speakers... XD)

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
what? non mechanical keyboards are just as noicy unless you press your keys VERY slowly and carefully

Laptop style keyboards are the softest to type on.
Noise levels between a laptop style keyboard and mechanical keyboard are clearly distinguishable.

Why would you purposely expose yourself to annoying key clicking noise?

Edit: I haven't even complained about the horrible lighting.
It's a keyboard.
Some background light on it is fine but it shouldn't be a bloody christmas tree.
Fuck RGB.

Last edited by DinohScene,
Reactions: guily6669

brunocar

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Laptop style keyboards are the softest to type on.
Noise levels between a laptop style keyboard and mechanical keyboard are clearly distinguishable.

Why would you purposely expose yourself to annoying key clicking noise?
those break in half with just half a year of playing, mechanical keyboards are way more durable, not to mention cutomizable, they are simply much better for gaming and some people find them more comfortable for typing too.
the reason they stopped being mainstream keyboards us because they are more expensive due to having more parts

Reactions: hobbledehoy899

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
what? non mechanical keyboards are just as noicy unless you press your keys VERY slowly and carefully
Nah, a good quality low travel distance membrane keyboard is very silent in comparison to the rather metallic sound of mechanical keyboards.

I said it before and I say it again, mechanical keyboards are the hipster gimmick of gamers.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
those break in half with just half a year of playing, mechanical keyboards are way more durable, not to mention cutomizable, they are simply much better for gaming and some people find them more comfortable for typing too.
the reason they stopped being mainstream keyboards us because they are more expensive due to having more parts

You're not supposed to smash on your keyboard.
If simple keyboards break in half within half a year, I wouldn't be near you when you're playing games.

Reactions: Pluupy

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
But I'm a sucker for the clicks! Never the less this keyboard seem to just be a gimmick. Staying the hell away.

I promised me bf I'd break his keyboard in half if he ever gets a noisy click thing.

It's fine if you live on your own but when you live together or live with more then 2 people in a house, rattling keyboards can become very irritating.

But yeh, it's just another fad.
I don't get the point of having a billion RGB lights everywhere around your computer...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr