• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

The FCC plans to vote away net neutrality in December

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Completely unrelated. A good way to start shit for nothing though. So yay?
No, I thought it was completely related. I saw a bunch of posts that went basically like this:

"Why is this happening?"

And many of these same people are Donald Trump supporters. By posing the question, I'm answering theirs.

D

Deleted User

No, I thought it was completely related. I saw a bunch of posts that went basically like this:

"Why is this happening?"

And many of these same people are Donald Trump supporters. By posing the question, I'm answering theirs.
If the election were based solely on the vote for Net Neutrality, Hillary Clinton would have won based on what you are saying.
However, it wasn't. There are far greater issues in our country than Net Neutrality. Granted, it is a large issue that is widely overlooked; however, terrorism and illegal immigrants are objectively more important than Net Neutrality.

In reality, you are wanting to bring your political bias into the equation. By saying that all Republicans were ignorant when voting for DT is a generalization, just like saying that all Democrats are whiny brats that were disrespectful to the country by burning our flag.

Next time, try and include that tidbit of information without an obvious hatred to the Republican party.

Reactions: DarthDub and ThoD

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By saying that all Republicans were ignorant when voting for DT is a generalization, just like saying that all Democrats are whiny brats that were disrespectful to the country by burning our flag.

Next time, try and include that tidbit of information without an obvious hatred to the Republican party.
I didn't say that.

D

Deleted User

Then you need to pay better attention to my posts.
Is it my fault that the way you worded your post had a different effect than what you intended?
The short answer is no.

Just word them better next time. You could have said "Donald Trump and the Republican party are against Net Neutrality, so it wouldn't surprise me if it was repealed."
Instead of calling out those that voted for Donald Trump, you could have let them figure that one out for themselves.

Or, the even better option was to not include that at all.

Reactions: DarthDub

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it my fault that the way you worded your post had a different effect than what you intended?
The short answer is no.

Just word them better next time. You could have said "Donald Trump and the Republican party are against Net Neutrality, so it wouldn't surprise me if it was repealed."
Instead of calling out those that voted for Donald Trump, you could have let them figure that one out for themselves.

Or, the even better option was to not include that at all.
I don't think there was anything wrong with the way I worded my post, when acknowledging the disparity between some Trump supporters and their views on net neutrality, specifically on this forum, is very interesting. The topic itself was also super relevant, given that 100% of the reason this is happening is because Trump is in the Oval Office. Thanks for the feedback though.

Reactions: lordkaos

ThisIsDaAccount

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just hope you realize that as it stands, the TPP will still exist, it's just that the US won't get a say
Not really relevant to the topic at hand, but if i recall correctly the TPP was set to start when countries representing around 80% (or something like that) of the total GDP ratified it. The US is something like 40%, so it is actually completely dead.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really relevant to the topic at hand, but if i recall correctly the TPP was set to start when countries representing around 80% (or something like that) of the total GDP ratified it. The US is something like 40%, so it is actually completely dead.
Because of the United States' exit from the TPP, the remaining countries are re-negotiating it. It's not dead. They reached a partial agreement for the time being about a week ago.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because of the United States' exit from the TPP, the remaining countries are re-negotiating it. It's not dead.

Those who vote and support the TPP can all f**k themselves. and I'm not sorry for saying that. That fact there is literally nothing we can do pisses me off. Thus this goes back to governments not caring what the people want, refute that claim if you must.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I mean... it won't

The fact people are in favor of this shows governments don't give a rat's ass about what the people want. And the fact we can't do jack shit really makes it all better, doesn't it?

Governments in general and those in favor of the TPP, FCC, etc don't want what's best for us; voting, petitioning, complaining, etc to those in power will not help anyone at all, period.

It's time we all say "fuck this" and give up, because that's the vibe I'm getting.

Last edited by the_randomizer,
Reactions: Subtle Demise

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The fact people are in favor of this shows governments don't give a rat's ass about what the people want. And the fact we can't do jack shit really makes it all better, doesn't it?

Governments in general and those in favor of the TPP, FCC, etc don't want what's best for us; voting, petitioning, complaining, etc to those in power will not help anyone at all, period.
Sorry, what's wrong with the FCC? (that is, when it wasn't being run by a guy who hated its existence)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    dammit that thread got moved from offtopic to edge, well since that happened
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, atleast it's still avaliable
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes but it wasn't meant to be a comedy thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and edge of the forum is mostly comedy and games
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so I don't get why it got moved at all
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, mods are probably hating you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    on most sites mods hated me, sooner or later, but usually over time I get either banned or the mods get used to me
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    sometimes to the point of thanking me for my quick actions etc against spam and other stuff, but yea...its either they come to respect me or outright hate me
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If it's not game related, it will be moved to the Egde of the forum. Mods have moved a few of my threads also.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, it was in the off topic chat forum
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Well atleast they didn't delete it completely.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    hmm
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    uoiea
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    huh?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Aeiou backwards
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    ?tuw
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yltcaxE
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ¡¡¡ tttoN
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ssssey ioBtneicnA@
    +1
    :angry: ¡¡¡¡¡ oooooooooooooooooooooooN
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ?draeh ton uoy evaH
    Gives you "The 🖕 BIRD" :tpi::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:
    +2
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Gives you "The 🖕 BIRD" :tpi::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2: +2