The Last of Us: Part II PGW Trailer

Continuing on with the Paris Games Week 2017 news, Sony put out a new trailer for the much anticipated The Last of Us: Part II. The video shown is quite violent, and showcases the game's graphical engine. However, there still was no gameplay shown, as all of the trailer was one cutscene. No release date was given, though it still appears to be slated for a 2018 launch.

GhostLatte

GBAtemp's Official Van Master™
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They were hitting her arm with a hammer. That should have been way more painful than she was showing.

This video almost made me forget that this was about "zombies".
It's not. It's about Joel and Ellie.

Reactions: whateverg1012

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I literally do not give a flying bollock about cutscenes anymore in games... fabulous during the PS1 gen but increasingly meh in every generation since: it seems the more impressive the visuals get, the more blasé I've become to them.

Still, nice and gory sure, like it should be, and yes the first will remain one of my fave games of all time, but I'm not getting excited until I've seen gameplay ...I'll be honest, part of me wanted them to leave it as the one, glorious title, so it's gonna need some good gameplay footage to convince me to get excited about it.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'll be surprised if they recover after botching the end of the first game tbh. But it'll be interesting to see.
If nothing else it'll be pretty.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gore wasn't my favorite part in the first game, hope it doesn't become the main point now.
its post Apocalypse, how can it be this without gore when society itself would be like this if it was to happen.

fuck me, people brutally kill each other as it is now.

Pachee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its post Apocalypse, how can it be this without gore when society itself would be like this if it was to happen.

fuck me, people brutally kill each other as it is now.
There is a difference between having gore and making it your plot. Not sure if you understood what i wrote.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a difference between having gore and making it your plot. Not sure if you understood what i wrote.
but it is a post apocalyptic world, with mutated like zombies.

how else is it not going to be violent and gory?

its not going to be a camp fire all singing kum ba ya.

If it was all daises and flower tops then the game would suck balls, everyone would not buy into the apocalyptic setting it claims to be set.

fuck me in america you cant even have a hurricane without people looting and shooting, so im sure if you were to get past the gore and see that this would actually be possible if said events were to happen..... and this is why gamers like it, not because of the gore, because it pulls you into its story.... remember how the first took everyone by suprise during the first 10 mins?

people could sit there saying did we really need to see that happen, that went to far? not really because it was what built the games setting with joel and ellie.

Pachee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but it is a post apocalyptic world, with mutated like zombies.

how else is it not going to be violent and gory?

its not going to be a camp fire all singing kum ba ya.

If it was all daises and flower tops then the game would suck balls, everyone would not buy into the apocalyptic setting it claims to be set.

fuck me in america you cant even have a hurricane without people looting and shooting, so im sure if you were to get past the gore and see that this would actually be possible if said events were to happen..... and this is why gamers like it, not because of the gore, because it pulls you into its story.... remember how the first took everyone by suprise during the first 10 mins?

people could sit there saying did we really need to see that happen, that went to far? not really because it was what built the games setting with joel and ellie.
Again it seems you didn't understood what i wrote.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: +1