The Nintendo Switch SDK has been leaked

in-switch-un-sdk-de-la-nintendo-switch-leake-1.jpg

Someone posted on /hbg/ a link to the Switch SDK. I don't know if it's the actual SDK or not because I have no use for it but I thought people would like to know or some shit.

EDIT: For the uninitiated, the leak has been confirmed real by SciresM and others. Go nuts.
EDIT 2: The SDK has appeared on many different warez sites.
EDIT 3: Stop asking me for links. I'm not gonna go dig out the link for you. Besides, someone on /hbg/ said the original link is down.

Last edited by Silent Hell,
D

Deleted User

finally got it. now to look for a tool that creates images view-able by the gallery. it has to exist somwehere.

Jonna

Some sort of musician.
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Canada
ya XD I'm not that dumb, beside, even pms arn't private, if legal reasons came up they could poke through messages sent in pm, even deleted ones, and nail ya, lul
I was just pointing out you attached "just" to an acronym that already contains the word "just."

Like people saying "RIP in peace."

Reactions: whateverg1012

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just pointing out you attached "just" to an acronym that already contains the word "just."

Like people saying "RIP in peace."
I was meaning it as just joking, jk meaning joking, rip is just shear stupidity at that point

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not to mention illegal, even moreso than piracy...
How so? Both are unauthorised sharing of copyrighted work/software. If you were the one sharing your copy you got as a dev you would doubtless be in some kind of breach of contract but as an end user with theoretically no restrictions like that on you then you are back to the copyrighted work thing.

D

Deleted User

How so? Both are unauthorised sharing of copyrighted work/software. If you were the one sharing your copy you got as a dev you would doubtless be in some kind of breach of contract but as an end user with theoretically no restrictions like that on you then you are back to the copyrighted work thing.
I guess I worded my post really shittily lol. It just feels more morally wrong, to the point of feeling somehow more illegal. I suppose they are both equal crimes, from a logical standpoint. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Going by some kind of public perception then yeah they would probably try to tie in the mind of the public as trade secrets and industrial espionage, where the other is serious but mainly just hijinks.

Going by damage done though. We can do the piracy is just a copy dance if we like but there is a certain tangible effect. What extent that is will probably take 10 years and maths the likes of which is not normally seen to describe but there is surely something.
My lazy arse is never going to get a copy of the SDK from Nintendo though, neither are any of my mates (well, actually...). To that end thousand copies there are probably going to make no real difference to their bottom line.

From where I sit I am still going with the it is just a thing in the world and I assign no moral value to anything in this situation.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.