Gaming The rest of the Wii U titles on Switch

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really hope they don't port Mario 3D world.
That game sucked ass if people buy it expecting another odyssey they'll be hugely disappointed leading to nintendo hate.

Reactions: Bladexdsl

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I hope they stop doing ports.
I hope they keep doing the ports that I like actually, but I also hope they don't ask full price for them, 30€ would be great IMHO.
That said, if Namco decides to release a Xenosaga Trilogy Collection for Switch full price I will get it.

Reactions: Yoni Arousement

oji

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I'm absolutely not interested in Wii U's ports, I've played enough on the original console & it's too new for me to consider for rebuying all those titles again. But I'm fully open to games which wasn't on Nintendo's consoles at all and older hits in a glorious HD remastering, crossing fingers for Xenosaga.

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
I'd probably end up buying a few of them tbh. I don't like turning on my Wii U and the portability is a huge positive for me. A game like DK tropical freeze is a bit of a pain to boot the console up for but the seemless switch turn on and play makes it a more likely purchase.

I would rather Nintendo remaster Wii games though, such as Super Mario Galaxy, the first Xenoblade Chronicles, etc. I feel there are plenty of gems there which could be re-released in 1080p/720p portable and look very very very nice.

Reactions: sarkwalvein

gamecaptor

R.I.P. Densetsu. Legends never die!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting to see people's thoughts on this. A few things come to mind.

So far the "ports" are not 1:1, they are more of +1 ports. Add in all of the DLC, maybe add a few new things, etc. I expect that to be the case for any future ports. I am certain that will be the case for Smash.

While Splatoon 2 is technically a sequel, everything I've read leads me to think that it is more of a 1.5. So maybe we call that a port-lite.

While the Wii isn't that old, but there are some great games that could make a come back on the Switch. I personally would love a Skyward Sword HD.

And yes, this is all completely baseless speculation but speculation is fun!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
don't port Xenoblade wii (yeah, not talking about wiiU), please remake it like one big open world instead of multi-map with new textures :D
(and maybe missing shoulder map)

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: BvanBart

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
don't port Xenoblade wii (yeah, not talking about wiiU), please remake it like one big open world instead of multi-map with new textures :D
(and maybe missing shoulder map)

I haven't played Xeno1 but if they're going to remake a game, they might as well just concentrate their efforts on Xenoblade 3.

Thats the whole FF7 argument. Squeinx didn't wan to re-make FF7 cos they had faith in out-doing it. Sadly after FF10, 11, 12, 13, 15.. I think they came to their senses.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I really hope they don't port Mario 3D world.
That game sucked ass if people buy it expecting another odyssey they'll be hugely disappointed leading to nintendo hate.
That's just your opinion fella.... true, 3D world wasn't the best Mario in single player, but remains a blast in multiplayer.
OP: Super Mario Maker? I can see that still happening actually, maybe try (yeah I know, were talking about Nintendo, but they've got to get it right SOMEDAY...) getting the online infrastructure right this time, and hint to the touchscreen option in handheld mode being the better way to create, but yeah I can absolutely see that getting a Switch port if nothing else. Would prefer to see a sequel of sorts though, or at least more content and another DX slapped on the end of the title..

Kikirini

Zelda Fangirl
Trophies
Website
kuroshouri.com
XP
Country
United States
I’m down for as many ports as they want to make. I really love the idea of having all of my games on a portable device.
Personally, I’m hoping for WEHD and TPHD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I’m down for as many ports as they want to make. I really love the idea of having all of my games on a portable device.
Personally, I’m hoping for WEHD and TPHD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, but I second that idea of "Wii U essentials" electric blue colored cards.

Yoni Arousement

Trophies
Website
yonihq.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Super Mario Maker would likely get ported to the Switch, since the Miiverse was discontinued only 2 years after the game was released. The game would have to use its own comment system. There probably wouldn't be a way to import courses from the Wii U and 3DS versions, unless you could maybe send course data to an amiibo, and have the game read data from there, much like how you transfer your Miis to the Switch.

Reactions: ToonGoomba

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
im preety sure they will hd skyward sword before even bringing any windwaker or twilight princess hd but hey that is just me, and since switch joycons are the defaut controllers they dont even need to make up new controll options they can use whatever was on wii unlike wiiu where default controller was a gamepad without ir aiming.

SANIC

GBATemp's Sonic Fan in Residence, 後
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im preety sure they will hd skyward sword before even bringing any windwaker or twilight princess hd but hey that is just me, and since switch joycons are the defaut controllers they dont even need to make up new controll options they can use whatever was on wii unlike wiiu where default controller was a gamepad without ir aiming.
The Wii U version was based on the Gamecube version of Twilight Princess.

Reactions: Yoni Arousement

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs