Hacking The Switch is NOT hacked.

Shining Greninja

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know recent pictures have shown that the switch may have been hacked, but let me reassure you that this is nothing but a simple website. All you gotta do is spoof your dns to make it bring you to a website everytime you go online.

D

Deleted User

It's using a WebKit exploit, just a POC for now but it could lead to more things in the future.

smiba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Its a webkit exploit. Exploit has already been released, its legit. This exploit alone won't get us anything though. For homebrew we still need a DEP bypass and for piracy we'd need a kernal exploit. Do some homework before you open your mouth next time. smh.

Why do people keep praising "webkit exploit" like god is for Christians?
There most likely is no hack or exploit that actually allows anyone to do anything working right now, if you have to believe Luca's tweet it looks like he remote connected into the Switch, which is VERY unlikely

Reactions: Xanthe

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do people keep praising "webkit exploit" like god is for Christians?
There most likely is no hack or exploit that actually allows anyone to do anything working right now, if you have to believe Luca's tweet it looks like he remote connected into the Switch, which is VERY unlikely
Its a proof-of-concept atm. I think you're reading a BIT too far into this. I'm not praising anything, simply explaining to OP that this isn't fake. I clearly said this exploit alone doesn't really do anything for us.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

smiba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Its a proof-of-concept atm. I think you're reading a BIT too far into this. I'm not praising anything, simply explaining to OP that this isn't fake. I clearly said this exploit alone doesn't really do anything for us.

Nothing personal, but you were probably like the 5th or so person that told me it's real because "webkit exploit". I don't even think they know what it means and how one makes use of an actual exploit in the webkit framework.

Not only is webkit sandboxed, secured and running as a separate process. It's also running as a very low privileged user. Without any other exploits in assisting getting the exploit into root/kernel level it's totally useless and can't do much other then crashing the browser or the whole Switch

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing personal, but you were probably like the 5th or so person that told me it's real because "webkit exploit". I don't even think they know what it means and how one makes use of an actual exploit in the webkit framework.

Not only is webkit sandboxed, secured and running as a separate process. It's also running as a very low privileged user. Without any other exploits in assisting getting the exploit into root/kernel level it's totally useless and can't do much other then crashing the browser or the whole Switch
How many times do I have to say I know this doesn't actually do anything for us on its own? Ugh.... Are you even reading my posts? Its sandboxed (thus why I said we need a DEP bypass), and I also already said we'd need a kernal exploit for piracy. You are literally just repeating things I've already said back to me like I don't know.... None of that makes this less "real" however. Its not just some webpage on display as OP suggested.

Last edited by MadMageKefka,

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But still, what is the exact vulnerability used? If it's really been made public then we should know what it is, but nobody's even describing it.
Unfortunately, I'm not experienced enough to give you technical details. You can find the code for the exploit here, however. Apparently its just an iOS webkit exploit with all the iOS specific code removed.

https://github.com/Jailbreaks/jbme

jakibaki

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
But still, what is the exact vulnerability used? If it's really been made public then we should know what it is, but nobody's even describing it.
It's the same one used for the jbme on ios (jbme.qwertyoruiop.com).

Here's some kind of poc for the switch (which doesn't do anything yet but proof that the vurnability exists on the switch: https://github.com/LiveOverflow/lo_nintendoswitch , not by me)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...