Hacking The Switch is NOT hacked.

jakibaki

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
To clarify because some people here seem to be confused:

Going to random web-pages and (obviously) executing javascript there has been possible for a while and is not hacking at all.

The new development is that there is an exploit for the web-browser which gives us some (very limited) permissions. That is an actual hack exploiting a known vulnerability that exists on the switch because Nintendo shipped their console with an outdated browser-engine.

If you want to learn more about it here is some kind of proof of concept using this exploit that somebody made. (not doing anything useful yet but it proofs that the vulnerability exists on the switch)

D

Deleted User

Looks to me like its just a video being played in the switch browser. You didn't actually think it was hacked and able to play PS games right?
no that one is false. How do I know, well no one is able to work that fast. the only reason the webkit exploit was discovered on switch is because the ios hacker from 9.3.3 decided to test it by stripping down his ios code, and just having a webkit exploit, which lucky for him it worked.

Last edited by ,

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no that one is false. How do I know, well no one is able to work that fast. the only reason the webkit exploit was discovered on switch is because the ios hacker from 9.3.3 decided to test it by stripping down his ios code, and just having a webkit exploit, which lucky for him it worked.
There were code dumps ~48h after launch, the iOS dude was extremely late.

jakibaki

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What is the actual story? Is there a known vulnerability in the Switch or isn't there?

There's threads saying there is and threads saying there isn't. I'M SO CONFUSED

There is a vulnerability and since a few hours ago an easy way to exploit it to call system-functions as the webkit-process (still not really that useful for the end-user)

https://pegaswitch.com/

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
There is a vulnerability and since a few hours ago an easy way to exploit it to call system-functions as the webkit-process (still not really that useful for the end-user)

https://pegaswitch.com/

Right, the switch has a vulnerability, so I'm assuming the purpose of this thread is to unnecessarily point out the disparity between a console having a "vulnerability" and a console that is "hacked"

The two definitions have been interchangeable for as long as i can remember.

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it has not only a vulnerability, but one that has been exploited. For all practical purposes, it is hacked, just nothing useful can be done with it yet.

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well they better hurry.
It'll silently connect to any available open hotspot or Public Wifi with an access program, connect to Nintendo's servers using a specialized encryption channel and rotating IP addresses, and then automatically installs the update when it's analytic engine guesses you are away or asleep. There is a core function where on wake from sleep or startup it will connect to Nintendo's servers the same way and downloads a tool that detects currently used hacking shenanigans, such as spoofing the firmware version. If any is found it will download an up to date clean image and reset itself to factory defaults.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all