News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
titantwo.png

Ever since Nintendo introduced the Joy-Cons to the world, people were trying to use them on platforms other than the Switch, because indeed, Joy-Cons provide freedom and flexibility no other control method currently available in the market can match. While the Joy-Cons themselves can be paired to a PC just like that, they can't really be used anywhere without overcoming issues like joysticks being interpreted as dpads, input lag, random disconnections and the inability to use both Joy-Cons as a combined controller. On the PC side, most of these issues have since been resolved, whereas other consoles were left behind.

But a light at the end of the tunnel is in sight. ConsoleTuner, a company that is selling adapters for gaming controllers, announced that its newest device, labelled Titan Two, is scheduled to get cross-over Joy-Con support in an upcoming firmware update in February or March.

The support for Joy-Con is planned on the Titan Two and should be released by February/March. It will allow use one or two Joy-Cons in wireless mode (Bluetooth) as a single controller on all compatible gaming systems (PS4, PS3, XB360, XB1, etc). It is also on the plans (in the future) the support for the Joy-Con Charging Grip for wired connection.

Gyro Controls and haptic feedback (Rumble) will also be supported. At the time of writing, the Titan Two was available for purchase only via this US-based retailer at a hefty price of $99.95. According to the company, Factory-Direct ordering will be available in the coming days.

:arrow: Source

Attachments

• switch.jpg
    switch.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 360
Last edited by WiiUBricker,
Reactions: Deleted-379826

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Wow...are the joycons really that good? I haven't touched one IRL yet, but the buttons seem kind of small (to my large hands, at least), and the lack of D-pad isn't something that fancies me.

So...what am I missing? Why would another console gamer prefer these joycons over the things that came with their console? :unsure:

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Wow...are the joycons really that good? I haven't touched one IRL yet, but the buttons seem kind of small (to my large hands, at least), and the lack of D-pad isn't something that fancies me.

So...what am I missing? Why would another console gamer prefer these joycons over the things that came with their console? :unsure:
With a silicone grip on them, they're actually very comfortable to use in relaxed mode. The lack of a D-Pad isn't a problem in many games, though I still prefer a D-Pad, it's just slightly easier to use. It doesn't really affect gameplay though unless you're playing fighting games or similarly fast paced games.

I find the analog sticks to have too little travel for maximum accuracy, but some rubber caps I ordered on eBay took care of that problem since they make the sticks taller.

I still prefer the Pro Controller for serious gaming, but if I just want to relax with some Zelda or something, JoyCons in relaxed mode are perfect.

I don't really see a lot of people using them for other consoles though. PC is one thing, since not everyone has other controllers they can use on a PC. But the X-Boner controller is already so good, I think most people would just stick to that. As for the PS4, I don't know what the controller there is like, but you'd lose the touchpad functionality by playing with JoyCons, which wouldn't be ideal.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
the joycon and its buttons/stick are too small for my hands, and I started feeling bad in my hands due to distorted position to reach the right stick for long play sessions.
I just bought the classic pro controller, and now it feels too big :lol:
did I get used to the joycons?
lack of dpad is not a problem, you get used to the 4-buttons as d-pad quickly.
I like to play with one in each hands, arms along the body, it's natural and not tiring, except for its size and my thumb to reach the right stick. too bad.

anyway, I didn't know we could connect the joycons on PC.
it's a good idea to make these kind of adapter, and it will even work with other consoles! (I wonder how well, for missing features like touchpad)

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: WiiUBricker

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the joycon and its buttons/stick are too small for my hands, and I started feeling bad in my hands due to distorted position to reach the right stick for long play sessions.
I just bought the classic pro controller, and now it feels too big :lol:
did I get used to the joycons?
lack of dpad is not a problem, you get used to the 4-buttons as d-pad quickly.
I like to play with one in each hands, arms along the body, it's natural and not tiring, except for its size and my thumb to reach the right stick. too bad.

anyway, I didn't know we could connect the joycons on PC.
it's a good idea to make these kind of adapter, and it will even work with other consoles! (I wonder how well, for missing features like touchpad)
The d-pad buttons isn't such a big deal, is it a improvement, depends. Having buttons gives precise movements simply cause is not all connected to a central functioning system. Playstation D-pad has four individual sections connected to a central pivot that makes it okay for fighting games with those fluid motions. But platform games, and other games when is mostly used for shortcuts and selecting things is just as well. Most people who play fighting games may not find the button d-pad approach good and instead use the analog stick or full pivot d-pad.

Of course with the titan two, is worth it, you can just use any controller you want on the switch, so if you want to use a arcade fight stick you can. :P

I already have titan two and yes is good. Plan to release a review next week if I get the time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Nope. Not into gaming.