Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Maybe you could add to the guide, since the MobileTerminal doesn't work on 4.2.1, how to use Putty to connect to your iPhone's SSH and change the password that way.

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Wabsta said:
Maybe you could add to the guide, since the MobileTerminal doesn't work on 4.2.1, how to use Putty to connect to your iPhone's SSH and change the password that way.
screw it, it doesn't work anymore
frown.gif

however mobile terminal has been updated

source if needed http://www.ijailbreak.com/repository/

latest version with ios4.2.1 support is v472

alidsl

I am now a lurker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Dter ic said:
metamaster said:
Maybe you can add a guide on removing launch daemons. Some are device specific, and others required by jailbreaks, but removing the unnecessary ones apperantaly speeds up the device a bit.
maybe you should do it

on second thought i think i'll do it
smile.gif
If I get the chance I'll write it myself, I've done it myself and it's a pretty simple procedure

metamaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tried it on my iPad and... well.. it crashed every three minutes. Didn't take out anything important though, but this needs to be tested thoroughly.

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
alidsl said:
Dter ic said:
metamaster said:
Maybe you can add a guide on removing launch daemons. Some are device specific, and others required by jailbreaks, but removing the unnecessary ones apperantaly speeds up the device a bit.
maybe you should do it

on second thought i think i'll do it
smile.gif
If I get the chance I'll write it myself, I've done it myself and it's a pretty simple procedure
dude 've done it AGES ago although you were a way for qite a while so you never saw it
closedeyes.gif

alidsl

I am now a lurker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New short guide quickly whipped together, now you know how to make the amazing animated boot logo
smile.gif

And i know the bbcode is messed up right now, I'll fix that in a min tomorrow

Edit change of plan, the bbcode will be fixed tomorrowThe bbcode is fixed

First post rehaul has been done, with the use of spoilers

metamaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Odnetnin46 said:
When editing package.js(For removing ads in Cydia),I found "if (depiction != null)" instead of "if (depiction ==null)".
What do I do now?
!= means "doesn't equal". So if you were to change "if (depiction != null)" to "if (depiction != true)", you can leave it like you found it ("if (depiction != null)")

Odnetnin46

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh,OK,so what exactly do I do?If I leave it as it is then the ads are still there.
Also,where do I find the beta of Mobile Terminal?I can only find the current one and that crashes a few seconds after loading it.
EDIT:Hang on.Found this (link self-removed,see next edit).Scroll near the end of the topic.
EDIT2:Turns out that the repo in that guide was pirating other apps from well-known repos and giving them out for free.Didn't realize that until now.Sorry.

metamaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't really recommend removing the ads. When I did it, some of the info wouldn't load either.
Also, instead of using another version of terminal, you can use iSSH from the App Store. To connect to your device, you enter your IP as the address, root as the user and your password as the password. (default is alpine).

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
metamaster said:
I don't really recommend removing the ads. When I did it, some of the info wouldn't load either..
what if you tried getting SBettings and AdBlock Toggle from repo.modyouri.com?

@Metamaster, that's what Adblock toggles does

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alidsl said:
BortzANATOR said:
Yeah thats fine. i just wanted to point that guide out.
I was just looking over the guides and noticed that in the "themes" guide it actually tells you how to change the SMS bubbles
Ok cool. Whats the dark bluish bubble that comes up when you get a text? i want to change that too cause personally i dont like it.

also does anyone here know how to get custom keyboards working on anything higher than 2.0?

I might as well keep going while im here. alidsl will show up eventually. Is there a way to make one app function and take over for another app?
ex. on android you have your built in sms app, but i downloaded a second app (handcent, any andrioders out there, get that crap) and instead of having to check two of the same messages, i chose handcent to take priority and the built in sms app didnt get any messages cause handcent handled all of it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.