I am now a lurker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
BortzANATOR said:
alidsl said:
BortzANATOR said:
Yeah thats fine. i just wanted to point that guide out.
I was just looking over the guides and noticed that in the "themes" guide it actually tells you how to change the SMS bubbles
Ok cool. Whats the dark bluish bubble that comes up when you get a text? i want to change that too cause personally i dont like it.

also does anyone here know how to get custom keyboards working on anything higher than 2.0?

I might as well keep going while im here. alidsl will show up eventually. Is there a way to make one app function and take over for another app?
ex. on android you have your built in sms app, but i downloaded a second app (handcent, any andrioders out there, get that crap) and instead of having to check two of the same messages, i chose handcent to take priority and the built in sms app didnt get any messages cause handcent handled all of it.

1. Dunno about that bubble, something might come up if you google "editing notification bubble on iphone" (or something to that effect)

2. Theres a payed app on cydia called "colorkeyboard"

3. Not sure what you're asking...

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1 ok cool
2 sweet
3. ok. so say i have the normal sms app, and i download a second app that also does sms. i want the downloaded one to take priority over the normal sms app so i can send texts and stuff from the new app and not the old one. sorry does that make sense?

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok cool.

anyone here know of a t9 keyboard integration with predictive text?
If not who wants to build me one?
biggrin.gif

alidsl

I am now a lurker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
@bortzonator: go to cydia, catagories, repositories and install "SOSiPhone" then search for "multitap keyboard" and install it.

Once installed go into Settings -> General-> Keyboards -> International -> Keyboards -> Multitap.

Scrap that not compatible with os4

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i want a keypad
frown.gif
i bump too many buttons with the portrait style keyboard.
But yeah i understand. nuts.

@alidsl i think you can get the same thing if you just turn on the kana keypad and hit options lol ive been searching far and wide for a T9 keypad with predictive text for the iphone, but there are none
frown.gif

alidsl

I am now a lurker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok i think i may have found what you are looking for, go to keyboards, international and add japanese, then click on the globe in the bottom left of your iphone keyboard and click on "ABC" to the left of the jap keyboard

Edit: soz didnt see your edit

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
izzzzz cool alidsl.
Ive kinda given up hope for one, even if i think it would make tons of people happy ( trust me ive read lots of forums with people complaining about the same thing)
I used one for android and the dictionary was very very limited. I dont think single or small groups are good at this stuff. I think it needs to be a project by a big corp. or something like the official T9 or motorola's version: iTap. oh well.

EDIT: Ok got my iphone. I freaked at first cause sound only came out of the right speaker. A quick google search clears that up. The right one is the mic. sheesh.
Ok so i get a

Code:
_abort() food.c:43
error with flash sites.

Also i have an iPhone 4. Do you have HD aspect ratios for everything under making your own theme? My SMS background is way too small and blown up. Now it looks all pixelaty.

EDIT 2 the correct aspect ratio for SMSBackground.png is 640 x 960 with ppi a 326. the problem im running into is that i think winterboard is scaling my images down when i throw the SMSBackground.png into Library/theme/folder

C175R

GBAtemp Pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Im trying to restore my iphone 4 5.0.1 to 5.0.1 but its not letting me.
already saved SHSH using tinyumbrella and the TSS server is running but when I try to restore it on itunes it gives me an error.
what am I doing wrong?

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im trying to restore my iphone 4 5.0.1 to 5.0.1 but its not letting me.
already saved SHSH using tinyumbrella and the TSS server is running but when I try to restore it on itunes it gives me an error.
what am I doing wrong?

SHSH blobs restore method doesn't work as of iOS 5.

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
For 5.0 and later, you need to "stitch" together an IPSW with redsn0w. In redsn0w, you can stitch together an IPSW by going to "Extras" -> "SHSH blobs" -> "Stitch." Browse for the IPSW, then browse for your 5.0.1 SHSH file.

alidsl

I am now a lurker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
This is unreadable due to formatting in the first post, unfortunately. Update it or remove it really, a shame...

Hi satangel, ive been out of the loop a really long time. Obviously there has been a upgrade to the forum that broke my hours of formatting haha

Honestly Ive forgotten most i used to know about this topic which is a shame really. Probably best to remove this post at this point

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi satangel, ive been out of the loop a really long time. Obviously there has been a upgrade to the forum that broke my hours of formatting haha

Honestly Ive forgotten most i used to know about this topic which is a shame really. Probably best to remove this post at this point

Yessir, you're not to blame, a lot of my older posts are messed up too.
I was just looking for options to jailbreak an old iPad 1 I might get for free soon, else I would never have found this post. I'll figure it out without this just fine too, thanks :)

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
The Gbatemp Ultimate iPhone/iPod/iPad guide

Contents
OpenSSh guide by alidsl
Flash guide by alidsl
Installing OpeniBoot and android
by Emeraldturf
Install android via Bootlace by Dter ic
How to downgrade by alidsl
How to make your own theme by alidsl
How to make a deb file by alidsl
Get rid of ads in Cydia by alidsl
Create animated boot logos By alidsl
Install iPad apps on iPhones and iPod touches by alidsl and Mezut360

All of these guides require a jailbroken device, if you haven't jailbroken visit this thread: Complete jailbreak guideIf you have written your own guide and would like to see it added, please PM it to me, IN FULL

OpenSSh

A guide written by Alidsl and Slyakin

Transfer files to and from your iDevice
iphone_openssh.png

Warning:
Do not delete a file that you don't know about

If there is a theme you want to change of a deb file you want to install, this is what you wantWhat is "SSH"?What SSHing your iphone/ipod touch is, is the ability to copy/move files to and from your device, in this Guide I will explain how to use it and how to install it. SSH stands for secure shell and can be use for remote access and executing commands to a computer (or iphone/ipod touch) miles away.

Installation

Windows
There are a number of different SSH programs, personally I use WinSCP found here, installation is completely straightforward and all that is required to install is to run the file "winscp427setup.exe". When install is complete you can leave the program for now.
Mac
I don't own a mac but from what I have looked at a program named "cyberduck" is better than the already built in SSH client bundled with the mac OS, it can be found here
iPhone/iPod touch/iPad
For both windows and mac users
opne.png

Search on Cydia "OpenSSH", the program with the above icon will show up, download and reboot your device
I recommend having SBsettings as well to turn SSH on and off.

How to use

Windows

Run WinSCP. This screen will appear
winscploginguidepic.png
To find your host name go to settings -> wi-fi tap on the network you are currently using and copy the IP address into the host name box.
ipscreen.png
For the user-name and password boxesUser-name: rootPassword: alpineWhen you login you have succesfully SSHed your device
smile.gif
winscploginguidepic2.png

Mac OS

Screenshot2010-09-06at45537PM.png
Screenshot2010-09-06at45604PM.png
Screenshot2010-09-06at45648PM.png
Screenshot2010-09-06at45728PM.png
Screenshot2010-09-06at51003PM.png
Screenshot2010-09-06at45818PM.png

Important!!

1. Download mobile terminal (Use the beta for 3.2+ FW), search it on Cydia2. Type ‘login’ command (without quotes) and then press enter.3. Now type ‘root’ (without quotes) as your login and ‘alpine’ as your current root password.4. Once you have logged in as root, type ‘passwd’ command (without quotes) again and press enter.5. It will now prompt you to enter a new password (twice). Simply enter your desired new password (for changing mobile password) and you should be all fine.
Thanks to:>>Slyakin (co-writer)>>Comex>>Iphone dev-team>>Metamaster

How to get flash on your device

A guide written by Alidsl

picture003b.png

This will only work for the iphone 3Gs (with new bootroom), ipod touch 3g and Ipad

If you are getting an error that mentions arm7 then you are trying to install it on a older device.Current version: 0.02There are two ways to install frash
1. Add the repo-http://repo.benm.at/
benmrepo.png
2. When you've added the source and all the updating is done open the source and install "frash"
picture002.png
3. Reboot4. When the reboot is done you have flash on your device
This way should only be done if you are having problems with the first1. Download the frash deb file from filetrip2. SSh your device (if you don't know how visit the guide here)3. Go into "/var/root/Media" and create a folder called "Cydia", in that folder create another called "AutoInstall"4. Place the deb file in the AutoInstall folder5. Now reboot

TWICE

6. Flash sites will now work
When frash is installed it's recommended to test through this sitehttp://www.cristgaming.com/pirate.sfwCredits:>>Comex (Jailbreak and developing frash)

Installing OpeniBoot and android on your iDevice

A guide written by Emeraldturf

Heres a guide to installing Jaywalker's OpeniBoot for iPod Touch 2g. This program is still Alpha so dont expect to much. I also prefer that you have backed up your iPod Touch and have nothing you wouldnt mind losing on it (A.K.A you might have to restore if you mess up or something) Ok so lets start.Compatible iDevices:
iPad: Wait for OpeniBoot and android to be portediPhone 4: Wait for OpeniBoot and android to be portediPhone 3gs (newer bootrom): Wait for OpeniBoot and android to be portediPhone 3gs (Older Bootrom): Wait for OpeniBoot and android to be portediPhone 3g: Works. Android's missing GPU driver.iPhone 2g: CompatibleiPod Touch 4: Wait for OpeniBoot and android to be portediPod Touch 3g: Wait for OpeniBoot and android to be portediPod Touch 2g MC: Wait for OpeniBoot and android to be portediPod Touch 2g MB: OpeniBoot is a porting in progressiPod Touch 1g: Compatible
Requirements:-A Jailbroken compatible iDevice (has to be with redsn0w or pwnagetool or blackra1n)-Linux Ubuntu (prefereblly 10.04 LTS 32-bit)-Willingness to restore your iPod-A PC-An iPod USB Cable

Preparation:

[title:D oes what it says on the tin]Install all the tools needed:
CODE

sudo apt-get install libusb-1.0-0 libusb-1.0-0-dev libreadline6-dev readline-common libreadline6 libreadline-dev texinfo

CODE

sudo -s

Then enter in your computer passwordMounting, Compiling, and Installing1. First we want to mount the git repository.
CODE

git clone git:/github.com/planetbeing/iphonelinux.git

1(extra). If you want to try out Jaywalker and kleemajo's iPod Touch 2g port (it's very alpha so it doesnt work completely yet) Then use this git instead.
CODE

git clone git:/github.com/kleemajo/iphonelinux.git

1a. Then mount the directory
CODE

cd iphonelinux/

2. Build the toolchain2a.
CODE

sudo toolchain/build-toolchain.sh make

2b. Enter in your password to log into root and wait a while for the toolchain to compile2c. If your having problems with building newlib then try this:
CODE

sudo rm /usr/local/bin/arm-elf-cc

3.Build3a. Change Directory
CODE

cd openiboot

3b.Build OpeniBootFor iPod Touch 1g type:
CODE

PLATFORM=IPOD make openiboot.img3

For iPhone 2g type:
CODE

PLATFORM=IPHONE make openiboot.img3

For iPhone 3g type:
CODE

PLATFORM=3G make openiboot.img3

3c. If your using kleemajo or Jaywalkers repo then enter this instead
CODE

PLATFORM=IPOD2G make openiboot.img3

4. Compile all in client
CODE

cd client && make all && cd ..

4a.
CODE

sudo client/loadibec openiboot.img3

5. Run the client
CODE

sudo client/oibc

6. Your done!

Installation

Updating an existing installation (Can't be done if your using kleemajo or Jaywalkers repo yet):1. Pull the new code from Git: (“git pull” if you already downloaded the code using Git)2. Compile openiboot, but this time you don’t have to make an img3 image:For iPod Touch 1g type:
CODE

PLATFORM=IPOD make openiboot.img3

For iPhone 2g type:
CODE

PLATFORM=IPHONE make openiboot.img3

For iPhone 3g type:
CODE

PLATFORM=3G make openiboot.img3

If your using kleemajo or Jaywalkers repo:
CODE

PLATFORM=IPOD2G make

3. Compile all in client/:
CODE

cd client && make all && cd ..

(requires libusb, libreadline and pthread)4. Launch openiboot, using the menu on the device5. Run the client:
CODE

sudo client/oibc

6. Copy the openiboot binary in the device memory:
CODE

!openiboot.bin

7. Jump to it:
CODE

go 0×09000000

8. Relaunch openiboot console using the menu on the device.9. Relaunch the client:
CODE

sudo client/oibc

10. Install the new version:
CODE

install

Updates:

And with that, I'm going to call it a night. Sorry It's not 100% done, but i'll finish that up first thing tomorr...zzzzz.....By Jaywalker(9988) via TwitterAnyone interested on USB working for openiboot on ipt2g tonight? I'm about to pass out, but if i hear voices screaming out, i'll finish itBy Jaywalker(9988) via twitter"Added a few files that I forgot to in the last commit"http://github.com/kleemajo/iphonelinux/commits/http://github.com/kleemajo/iphonelinux/By kleemajo via Github"Updated power_setup for IPOD2G".http://github.com/kleemajo/iphonelinux/commits/By kleemajo via GithubGUIDE UPDATE#2: Finally got one of the first daily builds up.By Saphiresurf(me) via iPod Touch FansGUIDE UPDATE: Ok where switching to kleemajo's git repository since hes a few commits ahead of JaywalkerBy Saphiresurf (me) via iPod Touch FansI got interrupts to work for the 2g ipod touch openiboot. See http://github.com/kleemajo/iphonelinux for the source (reboots after 10s).By kleemajo via twitter----------------------------------------------------------------------------------(Almost) Daily builds:9/4/10 http://www.mediafire.com/?vfy4b5gw97bab9y8/29/10: http://www.mediafire.com/?6i1u4bjld83e7e6
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------Readme (For iPod Touch 2g users (kleemajo or Jaywalkers repo):iPod Touch 2G Users:Please note, this software is extremely alpha and currently only makes the device reboot from C code. This is not a bug, it's a feature.
smile.gif
Also, for those interested in helping out, here's a TODO for what's remaining (for kleemajo and Jaywalkers repo only. A.K.A for the iPod Touch 2g porting project):* Port GPIO driver* Verify SPI and NOR work.. They're the same as the iphone2g, so they should.. but just verify it
smile.gif
* Port LCD Driver (I'll probably have to do this one.. I have some good info already)* Verify the DMA driver works (again.. it's the same as the iphone2g)* Port the rest - at least we'll have the basic openiboot working by this point
biggrin.gif
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------For android I dont think I can make a better guide then the one here: http://www.idroidproject.org/wiki/Installi...oid_%28Linux%29. So try it out have fun and feedback is always appreciated!Credit's:Jaywalker (or Jaywalker 9988)KleemajoPlanetbeingiDroidproject.org*if I forget anyone please tell me*

IDROID on iPhone/iPod touchwith Bootlace

A guide written by Dter ic, for Gbatemp ONLY

140px-Markgraphic.png

An easy-peasy guide on how to install android with bootlaceRequirements:Devicecompatible devicesiPhone 3GiPhone 2GiPod Touch 1GIOS Software:Bootlace is currently compatible with3.1.2 to 4.2.1Jailbreakthe really Obvious bit, you need to have a jailbroken device so that you can have cydia to install BootlaceOpeniBoot requires a compatible jailbreak; one that allows for unsigned NOR images to be run. Currently these include redsn0w, PwnageTool or Blackra1n.

Installing Bootace

Open up Cydia and add the following repository to your sources:http://repo.neonkoala.co.uk
Bootlace_Repo_Source.PNG
Install the package named 'Bootlace'.Using BootlaceAfter closing Cydia it's as simple as opening up Bootlace, tapping the iDroid tab and then tapping install!
Bootlace_V2_iDroid.PNG
The installation could take a while (depending on your connection speed)After installation you can reboot your device and select iDroid in the OpeniBoot Menu using the volume. buttons (or power button if you are on iPod Touch 1G) and confirm with the home button.
Congratulations. You installed iDroid on your iOS Device.Credits:iDroid Wiki for the helpful info
smile.gif

Downgrading

Requirements:
  • SHSH blobs saved for the target ispw using the firmware umbrella or on Cydia
  • The ispw for the firmware you want to downgrade to
Before I start I want to clarify one thing, the difference between DFU (Definitely F***ed Up) mode and restore modeRestore mode is probably what most people call DFU mode, but there's a differenceRestore mode has the "connect to itunes" picture but DFU mode looks as though the iDevice is off(here's a cool pic I found to explain the difference (minus the writing))
iphone-dfu-mode-screen1.jpg
Before you attempt to downgrade I recommend you sync with itunes and let it backup your deviceI also recommend you read the entire guide before diving in

The itunes side

If you have itunes open, close itnavigate to this file
CODE

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts

Or for mac
CODE

\etc\hosts

Open in notepad, if the file is on one line (and not clearly layed out) use wordpadEdit the file and add this address at the end (Saurik's server)
CODE

74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com

and put a "hash" (#) before (to get SHSH from your computer)
CODE

127.0.0.1 gs.apple.com

so it becomes
CODE

#127.0.0.1 gs.apple.com

my hosts file looks like thisCODE
# Copyright © 1993-1999 Microsoft Corp.## This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.## This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one# space.## Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.## For example:## 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server# 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host127.0.0.1 localhost#127.0.0.1 gs.apple.com74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com
Now make sure that the file is set to "Read-only"

The Downgrade

First. Make sure your device is ON and itunes is openMake sure your device is plugged in (so you know when it has entered DFU)Now hold down the Sleep and the home button for 10 secondsafter 10 seconds (NOT when the apple appears) let go of the sleep button and keep holding the home buttonPlease note that if you see the "connect to itunes" picture you've held down the sleep button for too longIf you see the itunes picture just try againNow when you've entered DFU itunes should come up with this message
10141.png
even though the iDevices screen is blacknow on itunes go to your device and hold shift (option for mac) and click on restorenavigate to where you saved the ipsw you want and open ititunes should restore the device to the firmware and all is well
biggrin.gif
Credits:>>Saurik (SHSH service)>>The firmware umbrella team (SHSH service)

How to make your own theme

Winterboard has not been updated for 4.1 yet, some aspects will not work

Requirements:
  • Winterboard (download from Cydia)
  • Image editing program
I will cover most main elements of theming, if I've missed anything out PM meand for the sake of this guide let's say your theme is called "theme"All of the pictures are case sensetive

Icons

speaker_icon.jpg
Under the \theme\ folder make a folder called "icons" (\theme\icons)1. Start your icon on a 60x60 canvas (you can change the size of an icon but the stock icons are 60x602. Make the icon (no real colour requirements)3. Save the icon into the /theme/icons/ with the EXACT name of the app (eg. for "iPod" the icon would be "iPod.png, this is case sensetive)4. Make more iconsThe "proper" wayFor a HD/Retina icon1. Make your 114x114 (With rounded corners)2. Create a folder under \theme\ called "bundles" (\theme\bundles\)3. Now in \bundles\ create a folder that corresponds to the appTo find out what you need to call this folder visit this google spreadsheet "icon"4. Now save the icon under you \theme\bundles\XXXXX\ folderTo find the name of the icon from the same spreadsheet as above (icon)5. This applies to 3rd party (unofficial apps) aswell

Wallpaper, lockscreen and dock

iphone-touch-dock.jpg
Wallpaper/Lockscreen1. Create a new image that is 320x4802. Make the image3. Save it into the \theme\ folder as "Wallpaper.png" or for the lockscreen save in the same place as "LockBackground.jpg"Dock1. Create an image that is 320x912. Make a dock (Transparacy DOES work)3. Save it into \theme\ as Dock.pngWant to get rid of dock icon shadows?Create a new folder in \theme\ called "bundles" under \theme\bundles\ create another folder called "com.apple.springboard"Just create a transparent 60x60 icon and save it to the new \com.apple.springboard\ folder and name it "[email protected]"Copy the file twice and name one "[email protected]" and the other "[email protected]" all in the com.apple.springboard folder

Sliders

slidetounlock2.jpg
in \theme\bundles\ create a new folder called "com.apple.TelephonyUI"1. Create a 79x96 icon (Should be transparent but you can change it to see a different look, this is not the actual slider)2. Save this as "[email protected]" into the "com.apple.TelephonyUI" folder3. copy this file twice and rename the copies to "[email protected]" and "[email protected]"4. Now for the slider, create a 142x94 image5. Make your slider6. Save as “[email protected]” into the \com.apple.TelephonyUI\folderNow your slider worksChange slide to unlock text1. In \Bundles\com.apple.springboard\ create a folder named "en.lproj"2. Open notepad and paste the following
CODE

AWAY_LOCK_LABELXXXXXXXX

3. Change the "XXXXXXXX" to whatever you want (There is a character limit so don't be stupid)4. Save in the \en.lproj\ folder as "SpringBoard.strings"

Custom carrier logo

bmw-iphone-vodafone_thumb.jpg
1. In \theme\bundles\ create a new folder, you can find what the folder for your phone beneathUS folders:AT&T: com.apple.ATT_US(Not sure about others, if anyone can point me to a list it would be great)2. Make an 80x40 image for your carrier3. Save under your carrier folder (com.apple.XXXX_XX) as "[email protected]" and "[email protected]"

Signal bars

1. In \theme\ create a folder called \UIImages\ (case sensetive)2. Make a 19x20 image and make one for all these:
  • "Black_0_Bars.png" (No Reception)
  • "Black_1_Bars.png" (hardly any recption)
  • "Black_2_Bars.png" (etc.)
  • "Black_3_Bars.png"
  • "Black_4_Bars.png"
  • "Black_5_Bars.png" (max reception)
3. Save all of these into the \theme\UIImages\ folder4. Now do the same thing (and the same pics) but change "Black" into "Silver" (eg. Black_2_Bars.png --> Silver_2_Bars.png)

Wi-fi bars

1. Create all four wi-fi icons at 21x212. Name them like so
  • "Black_0_WifiBars.png" (no wi-fi)
  • "Black_1_WifiBars.png"
  • "Black_2_WifiBars.png"
  • "Black_3_WifiBars.png" (max wi-fi)
Now do the same thing (and the same pics) but change "Black" into "Silver" (eg. Black_2_WifiBars.png --> Silver_2_WifiBars.png)

Custom Battery

BatteryBG_4.png
1. If you haven't already make a folder in \theme\bundles\ called "com.apple.SpringBoard"2. Create 17 528x258 images3. Name them [email protected] ("X" can be any number between 1 and 17, 17 being full charge 1 being empty)4. save them all in /bundles/com.apple.SpringBoard/

Custom Badges

Just to clear something up, a badge is the thing that shows up above the icon when the appstore/Cydia has detected an update, or a notification on FaceBook (and other apps)1. Create a 58x55 image for your badge2. Make the image (Make sure it is circular and make the width slightly higher than the hight)3. Then save under the following names in \bundles\com.apple.SpringBoard\

Ringtones and other sounds

[title:D ing-a-ling]Ringtones1. Make an mp3 file that you want to be your ringtone (27 seconds MAX)2. Open iTunes and add the new file3. Right click on the file and select "Create AAC version"4. Locate the created file (Should be found under C:\Users\yourname\Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Music\Unknown Artist\)5. Copy the file and paste it somewhere else (so iTunes won't delete it)6. Rename to *.m4r (the star being anything)7. Remove the small mp3's from iTunes (Unless you want them in your music library)8. Then manually add the m4r file to iTunes (Drag 'n' drop)9. Sync, and you should have your new ringtoneOther sounds1. Create a new folder under \theme\ called "UISounds" (Case Sensetive)2. Create your file in an audio editor/maker and normalize the file to 90% sound3. Now save the file as "apple.aif"4. Rename to one of the following (depends on what you want)
  • Beep-Beep.caf (Plugged in sound)
  • dtmf-0.caf (Sound from pressing 0 on the phone keypad (You can set this to any number between 0 and 9 by changing the "0"))
  • dtmf-pound.caf (Sound from pressing "#" on the phone keypad)
  • dtmf-star.caf (Sound from pressing "*" on the phone keypad)
  • lock.caf (Lock sound)
  • low_power.caf (Low battery power)
  • new-mail.caf (new mail)
  • mail-sent.caf (Mail sent)
  • photoShutter.caf (Sound when you take a picture)
  • RecievedMessage.caf (You've recieved a message)
  • sms-recievedX.caf (Sms tone, you can store up to six of these, (X being the number 1-6))
  • Tink.caf (keyboard sound, I think)
  • Tock.caf (Keyboard sound)
  • Unlock.caf (unlock sound)
  • Voicemail.caf (Voicemail sound)

Multi-tasking and folders

Multi-tasking and folder background1. Create a 640x960 image2. Make your image3. Save it as "[email protected]" and "FolderSwitcherBG.png"4. Place the file in \theme\bundles\com.apple.springboard\Folder icon1. Create a 59x62 image (118x124 for iPhone 4)2. Make your image (Make sure is has rounded corners)3. Save it as "[email protected]" and "FolderIconBG.png"4. Place the file in \theme\bundles\com.apple.springboard\

SMS background and bubbles

SMS background1. Create a 640x480 image2. Make the image you want3. Save as "SMSBackground.png" under the \theme\ folderSMS bubbles1. Under the \theme\ folder creat a folder called "Folders"2. under \theme\Folders\ create another folder called "ChatKit.framework"3. Create an 86x64 image4. Make the image you want5. Save this as "[email protected]" (in the \ChatKit.framework\ folder)6. Do the same but with different colours and name this one "[email protected]"7. Make sure both are EXACTLY the same apart from the colours

The keypad

The Dialer keypad (iPhone only)1. Create a new folder under \bundles\ called "com.apple.mobilephone"2. Create a 640x546 picture with all the buttons UNPRESSED on3. Save this in the \com.apple.mobilephone\ folder as "[email protected]"4. Do the same thing but this time have the buttons pressed and save it as "[email protected]"The unlock keypad1. Make a 320x216 image2. Make your image with the keys UNPRESSED3. save it into the \com.apple.springboard\ folder as "[email protected]"4. Do the same thing but with the keys pressed and name it "[email protected]"REMEMBER: This CANNOT be the same image as the phone keypad because of the different dimensions

Manually adding your theme

Firstly, you must connect to your idevice using your preferred SSh client (WinSCP or Cyberduck)Log-on and then navigate to \var\stash\themes.????\ (The ???? can be anything)Place the theme with in a folder (if the theme is already in a single folder ignore this) with the name of your choiceCredits:>>Saurik (for Winterboard)>>All dev-teams (for making Jailbreaking possible)>>Google images (for most of the pics)

How to make a deb file

The Control file

1. Make a folder (preferably one letter (can be renamed later)), for the purpose of the tutorial it's called "Y"2. Create a folder in Y called "DEBIAN" (case sensitive), in this folder create a text file and put this inCODE
Package: com.gbatemp.yourappName: Appname (No spaces alowed)Version: NumberArchitecture: iphoneos-armDescription: Small Description (this is just the line beneath the theme/app name)Homepage: Your WebsiteMaintainer: YourName Author: YourNameSponsor: YourWebSiteName Section: Theme/tweak etc

MAKE SURE THAT THERE IS AN EMPTY LINE AT THE END, IF THERE ISN'T IT WON'T WORK

3. Fill in the necessary info and save as "control" (NO EXTENSION) into \Y\DEBIAN\

Where does my app/theme go?
[title:D on't get this wrong]For a theme

1. Inside of \Y\ make a folder called "Library"2. In \Y\Library\ make another folder called "Themes"3. Finally in \Y\Library\Themes\ paste your theme folder (Plus a .theme at the end of the folder name ie. Megaman.theme)

For an App

1. In \Y\ make a folder called "Applications"2. In \Y\Applications\ paste your app folder (Plus a .app at the end of the folder name ie. iFile.app)

Creating the deb file

1. SSh into your device (if you don't know how to do this then follow the guide here)2. Navigate to \var\root\ copy/paste "Y" into this folder3. In the WinSCP terminal type this command (case sensetive and Y being the name of your folder)
CODE

dpkg -b Y

3a. Or in the Mobile terminal type in the command
CODE

login root

b. Then it should prompt you for a password, the password should be "alpine" (unless you've changed it)c. Now type in this command (case sensetive and Y being the name of your folder)
CODE

dpkg -b Y

4. Now the deb file is in the \var\root\ folder, be sure to delete it after you have copied it to your computer
Credits:>>All Jailbreaking teams (for making this possible)

How to remove all ads from Cydia

Before:

adsc.png

After:

noads.png
1. Access your devices file system (FTP/SSH/iFile etc)2. Find this file \Applications\Cydia.app\package.js\3. Open in notepad/iFile etc4. Search/find the line
CODE

if (depiction == null)

5. Now edit this line to say if
CODE

(depiction == null || true)

6. If you want to reverse these effects just do the opposite
Credits:>>Jailbreaking teams (For making this possible)>>Saurik/Jay Freeman (For developing Cydia)

Animated boot logos

Animated boot logos
biggrin.gif

Requirements:
  • A 4.2.1 greenpois0ned iDevice (any gen)
  • Image making/editing programme
  • The boot logo cydia app (download any boot logo on Cydia and it will download)
So the resolution:iPad - 1024x768Retina display - 640x960SD devices - 320x480
Step 1-The animation:The animation is just a sequence of numbers: 01 to 10 (02,03 etc)There can be more frames but that increases boot time.Step 2-Where does it go?\library\bootlogos\bootlogonameeg. \library\bootlogos\FadetoskullStep 3-Apply in Boot logos in settings.app and reboot, happy trails (Chored from LIAT)
Credits:>>Chronic Dev team (For greenpois0n)

How to use some iPad apps on an iPod touch/iPhone

A guide written by Mezut360 and alidsl

What You Need:Jailbroken IDevice*iFileDiskaid/Ifunbox/SSH7-Zip (if you want it the easier way)Any iPad IPA (from your own sources)1. Extract the directory Payload/BackToTheFuture101.app (Back to the future is the example used in this guide) from the .ipa, Using 7-zip to your desktop2. Copy BackToTheFuture101.app (folder) to Applications Folder on your iDevice, There is a shortcut in the root of the iDevice, using Diskaid/Ifunbox/SSH.3. On your iDevice, go on iFile, go to the Applications folder and find BackToTheFuture101.app (folder) and click the blue arrow.4. Under Access Permissions Change the Settings according to this:User - Read,Write,ExecuteGroup - Write,ExecuteWorld - Write,Execute
5. Go into BackToTheFuture101.app (folder) and change the following files BackToTheFuture101 and Pkginfo Permissions according to the same thing above.6. Re-spring7. the app should be there and Run it! (the first time its glitch but the next time it works)Congratulations !
Screen Shots:
IMG_0399.PNG
IMG_0400.PNG
IMG_0401.PNG
IMG_0402.PNG
IMG_0403.PNG
IMG_0404.PNG

*- I Recommend you use an Iphone 4 or Ipod Touch 4 For quality reasonsThis was tested with an iPod touch 4Also the text looks very pixely and unreadable but everything else seems to workP.S First Tutorial
yay.gif
Requirements:
  • an iPhone/iPod touch
  • iFunbox/SSh etc.
  • 7-zip
  • An iPad ipa
  • Some rubbish free app installed (I used Dice Match]
Current working games:
  • World of Goo
1. Unzip the World of Goo ipa file.2. In the "Payload" folder there should be a folder called "WoG.app" open this and copy all files inside.3. Open the folder that has your free app in, open the Freeterribleapp.app (freeterribleapp being the name of your free terrible app) folder.4. Delete all the files inside and paste the world of goo files into the *.app folder.5. Now from the original World of Goo ipa files you should be left with two files (iTunesartwork and the metadata)6. These should be copied straight into the folder containing you free app (overwriting it's iTunesartwork and metadata)7. Now respring. World of Goo should be on your springboard as a white icon (this can be themed on winterboard)

Screenies

(The theme is iFlat 2)
img0026c.png
img0027j.png
img0028m.png
img0029g.png
Credits:>>Mezut360 (Method #1)>>Alidsl (Method #2)>>iPad Devs

Here's a better looking version of it, I just ran it through an HTML to BBCode converter. It needs to be formatted a bit further, but that shouldn't take too long ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo