• Views 28,574
  • Replies 234
  • Likes 9

whateverg1012

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally hope the switch doesn't get hacked for a few years. I don't want the console to just die. it has literally no games that can't be played/bought elsewhere. praying for this is like praying for the death of Nintendo, and quite frankly, that's when I'll quit gaming. I don't like Microsoft, and I don't like Sony for various reasons.

You're being a tad overdramatic.

Alkéryn

Moon Dweller ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Guys do you realise that even if there is piracy it won't hurt the sales that much since most people wont use it
even on the 3ds scene, if the whole gbatemp would have hacked their 3ds that would still be less than 1%
won't hurt that much nintendo

Plus if i don't pirate a game, that doest not mean that i would have bought it
and even i already bought game after pirating them just because i liked them
ex skyrim
all portal
half life 1, 2 and 3
etc ...

Last edited by Alkéryn,

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Guys do you realise that even if there is piracy it won't hurt the sales that much since most people wont use it

Game sales are affected by piracy. It's a more complex issue how it affects games being released, because a game can be in development for three years.

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by PrincessLillie,

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally hope the switch doesn't get hacked for a few years. I don't want the console to just die. it has literally no games that can't be played/bought elsewhere. praying for this is like praying for the death of Nintendo, and quite frankly, that's when I'll quit gaming. I don't like Microsoft, and I don't like Sony for various reasons.

Yes, because there have been consoles that died from being hacked

*looks on Google*

Oh wait, there never has been, silly me.

genxor

Trophies
XP
Country
Reactions: PrincessLillie

lembi2001

Trophies
XP
Country
What's your point with this link??

Under the Decline section of this wikipedia entry:

Reasons cited for the failure of the Dreamcast include hype for the PS2;[57][130][131] a lack of support from EA and Squaresoft, considered the most popular third-parties in the U.S. and Japan respectively;[132] disagreement among Sega executives over the company's future, and Okawa's lack of commitment to the product;[17] Sega's lack of advertising money, with Bellfield doubting that Sega spent even "half" the $100 million it had pledged to promote the Dreamcast in the U.S.;[33][133] that the market was not yet ready for online gaming;[120][132] Sega's focus on "hardcore" gamers over the mainstream consumer;[57][120] and poor timing.[33] Perhaps the most frequently cited reason is the damage to Sega's reputation caused by several previous poorly supported Sega platforms

No where in that section does it cite piracy as the cause for the Dreamcast's decline

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
lol...
you can still pc gaming, or retro gaming.. there are so many games already i don't think a person can finish them all in a life time

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyBmc3-J5AM