Hacking Thinkin' about buying a PSP for Homebrew...

tedmg091309131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On the psvita there is a touchscreen on the front and a touchpad on the back. Apparently about the same touch capabilities as the front touchscreen but without a display.

Last edited by tedmg091309131,

x65943

hunger games round 29 big booba winner
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the 3000 has been perma hackable for more than a year, dont spread misinformation, the 1000 is shit for homebrew because of the lack of extra ram
I had been told with the 3000 you had to reinstall the hack if you hard reset. This is no longer true?

Sorry I read this in a lot of places.

TechDark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I would recommend the psp since it is wayy cheaper when it comes to the price of the console itself and the memory cards too, and it is really easier to hack the psp rather than the ps vita since you need 3.60 up to 3.65 and all that, but on the psp, it is just downloading a zip file and put it on the psp and you're good to go!
Plus the psp doesn't have any firmware updates any longer

Last edited by TechDark,

zubz19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How has no one pointed out that you can use the Vita's second stick on PSP games? makes MH and Phantasy Star waaaayyy better let alone the far better screen.
oh and ByTheBy 6.61 Infinity is a thing so it doesn't matter what system OP gets(beside a street model but who wants that?).
Just looked into this thread as i was thinking to get a psp, i have a vita but the psp games on ardeline runs soo blury which means they dont run natively..

fate6

Haha, I killed a Pumpkin!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just looked into this thread as i was thinking to get a psp, i have a vita but the psp games on ardeline runs soo blury which means they dont run natively..

The Vita has PSP CPU in it, they run in a hybrid emu iirc but there is an issue with games looking blurry since the Vita's higher resolution screen kinda shows off just how low rez the PSP was.
iirc there is a vita side plugin to upscale or force the PSP side to render at the Vita's native rez but i never used it

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah, the only nice-ish way to use PSP mode on Vita is with 1:1 pixel mapping, even the nominally ideal 200% native integer scaling leaves something to be desired and Adrenaline filters are laggy, so yes, I say PSP is better for PSP software (not to mention hardware and the media functions)... still waiting for NoPspEmuDrm anyway :D

zubz19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The Vita has PSP CPU in it, they run in a hybrid emu iirc but there is an issue with games looking blurry since the Vita's higher resolution screen kinda shows off just how low rez the PSP was.
iirc there is a vita side plugin to upscale or force the PSP side to render at the Vita's native rez but i never used it
Id like to know more about this iirc plugin and if it actually can make the psp isos run natively?? some years back i followed an instruction somewhere to make gta vcs with clear native res on the vita and also twin analogue stick; that was so cool, i wish all psp fps/shooter could control with the vitas twin sticks, but first id like to find out how to play ALL psp isos natively on the vita that is more importantly coz i remember playing some games and they were terrible, couldnt figure out what was happening on the screen, kept crashing in a race.

Also just to mention i orderd last night a cfw psp from ebay B-).. atleast for now can play some psp games.. if i could play all psp isos normally on my psvita maybe wouldn't have got it, but for now i got another companion in the collection of handhelds hah.
Post automatically merged:

Yeah, the only nice-ish way to use PSP mode on Vita is with 1:1 pixel mapping, even the nominally ideal 200% native integer scaling leaves something to be desired and Adrenaline filters are laggy, so yes, I say PSP is better for PSP software (not to mention hardware and the media functions)... still waiting for NoPspEmuDrm anyway :D
is "NoPspEmuDrm" a plugin right?

So do you play psp isos on a psp? I think If you cant get improvement with emulation (or you're at home not travelling so dont need everything in one console) then maybe it is best to play the games on their original console just to get the actual authentic feel and experience; especially for games that require its original controls like i wonder how ds games can be played via emulation as it has touch screen feature, many games wont control properly without touch screen; thats why ive been playing ds roms only on my ds lite, not on my gaming laptop,

Similarly i was wondering about the wii how it could emulate and control without the motion controller, it is probably best to play them wii games on the wii unless in a emulator you could input that wii controller!

Last edited by zubz19,

fate6

Haha, I killed a Pumpkin!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I think there is some confusion here, all PSP games already work "native" but the issue is the low resolution the PSP used plus the terrible filtering that tries to cover it up, actual gameplay is fine.
You just run them via adrenaline which is the entire PSP firmware including the XMB.

"iirc" stands for "if i recall", said it cause i don't remember the name of the Vita side plugin that cleans up the PSP output.
Want to say "sharpscale" but IDK.

BTW the Wiimote can be used with Wii emulators and DS emu's just use a pointer for touch input.

didn't know about NoPspEmuDrm but it seems to already be released? its on github and was last updated two weeks ago?

Reactions: zubz19

zubz19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think there is some confusion here, all PSP games already work "native" but the issue is the low resolution the PSP used plus the terrible filtering that tries to cover it up, actual gameplay is fine.
You just run them via adrenaline which is the entire PSP firmware including the XMB.

"iirc" stands for "if i recall", said it cause i don't remember the name of the Vita side plugin that cleans up the PSP output.
Want to say "sharpscale" but IDK.

BTW the Wiimote can be used with Wii emulators and DS emu's just use a pointer for touch input.

didn't know about NoPspEmuDrm but it seems to already be released? its on github and was last updated two weeks ago?
Oh ok right, i do have adrenaline installed on my ps vita, only 2 psp gta games i kept with something i did few years back made it real crisp and clear and with twin stick control👌🏼, all other psp isos i deleted them, but ill be putting my head into this again so ill looking into this more if theres any update/improvements since then. Wbu fate6 ? How are you playing psp games? And generally where do you play all the different consoles' emulated games?

The wii remote working on any emulated devices is surprising to me: ) (so much things have advanced in the homebrew community)

Last edited by zubz19,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
LOL actually that was a name I made up years ago (shortly after NoPsmDrm followed NoNpDrm) for an hypothetical plugin to make generic/unsigned PSP EBOOTs work as official, awesome to see someone actually made it!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you pee in the water