Tips & Tricks for School Computers

Hello!

I have decided to make a small list of the "vulnerabilities" (more less tricks) in my school computer system. These are Windows only.

Some of these "vulns" may not work for you.

Universal:
  • BIOS password is just the enter key
    • If that doesn't work, the escape key might work, too
  • If your school redirects the C:/ drive to another partition, you can open the directory of where a program is located and move back in directories till you get to the root of the C:/ drive
  • Execute cmd commands through a notepad batch file
Windows 7:
  • The wallpaper isn't normally changeable, however, opening Firefox and changing the background via an open image will work. This lasts until you log off (in my case, anyway)
  • Get an elevated command prompt with this
    • This allows you to create an administrative account, allowing you to do whatever the fuck you want
Windows 10:
  • You can change the background by editing the themes cache in the AppData folder
  • Windows + X can open cmd or powershell (taskbar preferences)
There are probably more, I just can't think of any on the top of my head.

I am not responsible if you tamper or get in trouble.

Enjoy!

MissingNO123

Jigglypuff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There's an app that the teachers use at my school to stop the LanSchool Student application and start the teacher console, and if a student were to get their hands on that, they'd have Teacher-level access to all computers in the same network (or "classroom") and can do some dirty stuff, like screen monitoring, keylogging, file transfers, remote execution of applications, remote shutdown/logout, straight-up remote control, blacking out all screens, rickrolling, etc.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

DarkGabbz

Resident XBOX Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
I had a second hdd in my School Bag that i plugged in when i use a school pc but the "admin" didnt liked what i was doing and now you can think what happened^_^

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Man, thats still a thing? I remember in 2005 when we got all new Dell Omniplex 260s they all came with windows XP and Deep Freeze 3. There was also no web filter...
Apparently it is. They even went as far as not having an antivirus. Also, I think they did the freeze after the Win10 Service Pack got DLed, but not installed. So it's installed at every shutdown. :rofl2:

Weighted Cube

Trophies
XP
Country
It's like a manufacturer thing. You can change the date, time, etc. But the boot is completely locked. Even removed the CMOS battery, no luck.

There is a way to bypass the password by using the backdoor password that every mobo has. Every BIOS has a backdoor password in case you forget the password. This is explained here: http://dogber1.blogspot.co.uk/2009/05/table-of-reverse-engineered-bios.html which states that for most brands, a checksum is displayed after entering an invalid password for the third time. You can then use the checksum to brute force the password. This tool here bruteforces the password, and it's online which is a bonus: https://bios-pw.org/. As far as I am aware, I think this works for laptops however there is also default passwords that every vendor supplies too: http://www.uktsupport.co.uk/reference/biosp.htm.

Also, removing the CMOS will sometimes not do the trick; you will have to actually use a dipswitch on the Mobo labelled CLEAR or something.

Luglige

hiatus
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Out of my discoverys if you can access the SAM and SYSTEM file. You can crack the password to any account on the PC. Or optionally delete the SAM file and you can then access the admin account without a password at all :P

DarkGabbz

Resident XBOX Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Found a thing in our School network our LAN has Login if I'm at a Schools pc i have not to login but if i change my Mac adress in one of a Schools pc i can use the internet normally.

Last edited by DarkGabbz,
D

Deleted User

You're all so lucky that they work; poisoned PCs (NO USBS), Impero and Smoothwall MITM. I have a copy of Tails but it flags the system.

D

Deleted User

Yes, but the issue is that if they dont see an AD user online, they get alerts.

Dionicio3

goat
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
One tip I seen on a video to see blocked sites.

Copy the url,
go to google translate
go from french to english
copy the url in french
click on the url in english.

Them, you can go on the website! :D
Nice bump dude

Anyways, since this has been revived, it kind of sucks that most schools use chromebooks

D

Deleted-379826

Nice bump dude

Anyways, since this has been revived, it kind of sucks that most schools use chromebooks
My school also uses them but I saw on a site that you can turn verification for like the school board off, me and a friend got to that point but were scared to remove lol.

CitizenSnips

a seldom-used crab named Lucky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dang i suppose a lot of schools are more strict about that kind of stuff, at my school i have access to cmd, bios, everything

D

Deleted-379826

Dang i suppose a lot of schools are more strict about that kind of stuff, at my school i have access to cmd, bios, everything
So do I! My school isn't the most intelligent when it comes to the computers, which is why we also have chromebooks and iPads.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Now GBAtemp is recommending me THC pharmaceuticals.