Tips & Tricks for School Computers

Hello!

I have decided to make a small list of the "vulnerabilities" (more less tricks) in my school computer system. These are Windows only.

Some of these "vulns" may not work for you.

Universal:
  • BIOS password is just the enter key
    • If that doesn't work, the escape key might work, too
  • If your school redirects the C:/ drive to another partition, you can open the directory of where a program is located and move back in directories till you get to the root of the C:/ drive
  • Execute cmd commands through a notepad batch file
Windows 7:
  • The wallpaper isn't normally changeable, however, opening Firefox and changing the background via an open image will work. This lasts until you log off (in my case, anyway)
  • Get an elevated command prompt with this
    • This allows you to create an administrative account, allowing you to do whatever the fuck you want
Windows 10:
  • You can change the background by editing the themes cache in the AppData folder
  • Windows + X can open cmd or powershell (taskbar preferences)
There are probably more, I just can't think of any on the top of my head.

I am not responsible if you tamper or get in trouble.

Enjoy!

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Oh man, I remembered that I used to shut down the PCs of my friends using shutdown -i and then typing their computer's name on it, good ol' times :tpi:

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Our school computers have DeepFreeze and nothing else.
that's pretty much it for school city of hammond has, that and some thing else that I can't remember off the top of my head that allows the teacher to see what's going on on all student computers for that room and restrict stuff or even directly control it, which some even block task manager which is sometimes a pain, although the funny part is that they have no idea how to set it up for chromebooks so there a safe heaven for bs to happen XD

MissingNO123

Jigglypuff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
An interesting thing I've noticed about most schools' block filters and proxies is that they don't normally block traffic over ports 21 and 22, allowing you to tunnel a SOCKS5 proxy over an SSH tunnel and bypass any proxies, etc.
Ironic since it's a really old method, you'd think they'd notice that shit

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
An interesting thing I've noticed about most schools' block filters and proxies is that they don't normally block traffic over ports 21 and 22, allowing you to tunnel a SOCKS5 proxy over an SSH tunnel and bypass any proxies, etc.
Ironic since it's a really old method, you'd think they'd notice that shit
I can simply use some random free vpn app on my tablet and it bypasses all these sites being blocked

MissingNO123

Jigglypuff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can simply use some random free vpn app on my tablet and it bypasses all these sites being blocked
I'd rather tunnel in to my own server, because I know I can trust my server to handle my data properly instead of dealing with some "free" vpns that openly admit to snooping on your data

You don't even need to rent a server, just open some port on your router and point it to an old computer you don't use or an rpi plugged in via ethernet

Reactions: 0x40
D

Deleted User

Meanwhile in my school computers:
-regedit isn't blocked
-cmd isn't blocked
-BIOS isn't blocked
-Boot drive selection isn't blocked [F11]
-Winrar license [what]
-services.msc isn't blocked
-You can easily kill "RAT" [That shit which can control your PC remotely] by just forcing shutdown then mashing ESC, it will stop being in the memory.
-Secret teamviewer install so I can access that PC from anywhere and can drop my files. [Which are deleted anyways]
-Teacher knows shit about computers and just redirects us to code on code.org (lol)
-That "teacher" scares us that he will kill our wifi, so i killed his PC instead. [Oddly enough, shutdown -i works on every PC connected to the network :P]

D

Deleted User

My school doesn't let unauthorised programs be run on the system... unless you use an external HDD.
This means I could potentially run Chromium from the hard drive and browse with a VPN, and also kill the teachers' spying with a task manager.

Zhongtiao1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just make a live usb of a Linux distro and wreak havoc on the hard drive. Almost always the boot sequence isn't locked. If you can't boot with usb, a cd/dvd will work.

Sent from my Q5 using Tapatalk 2

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just make a live usb of a Linux distro and wreak havoc on the hard drive. Almost always the boot sequence isn't locked. If you can't boot with usb, a cd/dvd will work.

Sent from my Q5 using Tapatalk 2
and when the teacher asks whats on the disc, just say in a slow ominous tone "doom...."
hehehe

Reactions: BARNWEY

Jhynjhiruu

Trophies
XP
Country
Do u want people to comment more to add to that list? If so, administrator accounts can bypass web filters (sometimes) by disabling auto proxy (stopping the computer connecting to the school's proxy). Works for me.

IzeC0ld

N$K867
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My school has imacs cuz apparently windows is too open for school use

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

But we can still use programs that need access to applications folder cuz they locked it for access by apps. So we just put the apps in downloads and it works fine

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Water park was quite fun
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Water park was quite fun