• Replies 607
  • Likes 65

rlvbrussel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello i have a qeustion. I have bought ntag215 cards. When i place a card at the rc522 it won't be recognize. And when i use mine smartphone it recognize the card. When i use ntag215 sticker it Works. Do i need to do something so the rc522 will recognize the card.

ntag215 cards:
[00] * 04:B3:EA D5
[01] * 0A:61:57:80
[02] . BC 48 00 00

Last edited by rlvbrussel,
D

Deleted User

Anyone getting a lot of communication errors when trying to dump a real amiibo? It seems like the reader reads the nfc chips perfectly fine. But for real amiibos I have to get the amiibo at a certain angle and not move too much for it to dump.

rlvbrussel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
im getting "Error occured: ERROR Data: A MIFARE PICC responded with NAK."
i saw this on github

Hi, when i've tested amiibomb 10 days ago I had the same "Waiting for NTAG..." problem with my Tags.
Was totally new to arduino and elegy rc522, running on a windows VM so I'd suspected that it would be too much for it run as excepted and i forgave.
I've recode a flask python web ui that wraps amiitool, amiibo_tool bash and communicate with a modified write_amiibo to get bytes from serial...all of it to run on a raspberry pi with 3,5 inch lcd on top.
I've succeeded in writing some dump, well recognized on my switch but randomly depending of the tags i use the process often fail with an "MIFARE PICC responded with NAK error".

My issue seems nearly similar as this #8 one, regarding to the random reproduction and the fact my NAK error is related to password auth process on the mirage side.

I just realize my lib MFRC522 was so out to date(v1.1.6 Jan 2016). miguelbalboa have been very active within the last year and the lib is now at v1.3.6(Mar 2017) and it has a fix for an auth problem with long UIDs since Jan 2017.
https://github.com/miguelbalboa/rfid/blob/master/changes.txt

I can't see the versioning of the MFRC522 you're using in amibombuino.
I need to find some time to give it a try on my code this week-end and see if can help to solve my issue.
I'll let you know

I've first test my proposed solution on amiibomb it seems i can now read the content of an amiibo
on amiibombuino Dump with the updated MFRC522 lib.
Now it can see my previously not detected Tags.

But i'm still stuck in the Create Tag action with the same "Waiting for NTAG..."

For a same Tag with the old lib my ID was:
04C7C388
2AAF4F80
and with the last updated one it is:
0493C3DC
2AAF4F80

If you want to test by yourself and give more feedback:
Just rename and replace MFRC522.cpp and MFRC522.h with the fresh ones in the amibombuino folder and flash it again to your arduino.

olijouve commented 17 days ago
ok it definitely works for me in amiibomb in Writing tags.
I removed the MFRC522 lib from amibombuino folder, update MFRC522 in the library manger of the official arduino studio and i flashed amiibombuino with my arduino with the arduino studio.

All my tag creation with amiibomb works like a charm now !!!

I'll also fix my raspberry app as i like the very convenient and portable way of creating amiibos.

Last edited by rlvbrussel,
Reactions: psprofi

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This may have been asked before but can i buy a powertag and use this with the amiibomb (i all ready have the uno r3 nfc setup just wanted to know if i can get out of buying nfc tags because id much reather use the little powertag things.

eN-t

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
amiibomb 0.3 Alpha works fine for me with an Arduino Uno.
However, it doesn't work at all with my Arduino nano. The nano itself works fine and I can read NFC tags with it with no problem. But amiibomb gives me a "Device error" when trying to flash amiibombuino onto it (and yes, I selected Arduino nano in the dropdown menu). And when I try to read amiibos anyway, it tells me "your tag is probably not an NTAG 215", even though it reads the same amiibo just fine with the Uno.

What's the problem here?

EDIT:
Alright, flashing with XLOADER worked, after that amiibomb also worked with my nano. I guess there might be a bug in the integrated flashing process for nanos?

Last edited by eN-t,

foxm2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi,
I bought male-female connectors but seems I need male-male !?
OP says "You have to solder the pins on the RC522 Module" assuming the Arduino Uno R3 needs the female ones... Mine looks like it's intended to plug-in male connectors.
Can anyone confirm or do I miss something here?

D

Deleted-355425

Hi,
I bought male-female connectors but seems I need male-male !?
OP says "You have to solder the pins on the RC522 Module" assuming the Arduino Uno R3 needs the female ones... Mine looks like it's intended to plug-in male connectors.
Can anyone confirm or do I miss something here?

My my uno board has female ports and the RFID board has holes where i soldered in the row of pins so i could use the wires that came with the unit, its just plug and play from there.

foxm2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks @mech for the quick reply. Yep female ports on the R3 and holes on the RFID board. So you are connecting wires (male-male?) to connect the female plugs on the R3 and those of the wires you soldered on the RFID? Wire to wire? My board did not come with wires.. only have those m-f ...

D

Deleted-355425

Thanks @mech for the quick reply. Yep female ports on the R3 and holes on the RFID board. So you are connecting wires (male-male?) to connect the female plugs on the R3 and those of the wires you soldered on the RFID? Wire to wire? My board did not come with wires.. only have those m-f ...

mmsh9w.jpg

i soldered in the pins on the RFID board

a73va.jpg

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You can just solder in your wires though if you have female on the RFID board.

Reactions: foxm2k and Random11

foxm2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ok, now I understand! I am missing the pins you soldered to the RFID board. Gives you the opportunity to completely unwire everything just in case. Just ordered some. Project will continue on tuesday :-)
Thanks a lot!
Best regards

Reactions: Deleted-355425

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb