• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Top 10 Countries/Pla to Have Your Wallet Stolen by Pickpockets

Chhotu uttam

DOH HO HO HO
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
So do you want to get your pocket picked?
mellow.gif

Don't worry the top is here
hrth.gif

Source

So the top ten Countries/places are ->
"Curtain up"

10. Vietnam, Hanoi

9. Greece, Athens

8. The Netherlands, Amsterdam

7. Argentina, Buones Aires

6. Italy, Florence

5. France, Paris

4. Spain, Madrid

3. Czech Republic, Prague

2. Italy, Rome

And the number 1 Spot goes to

"Drum rolls"

1. Spain, Barcelona

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My country got on the list as I expected, we have in every bus a little yellow sticker on the doors saying "Beware of pickpockets" in English and Czech.
biggrin.gif
Though there are many more ways how you can get robbed in each country. Like here I've heard (and even once seen it) that people had their things stolen from them in the metro (the subway) by foreigners who have settled here, working as a team of 2-4 people.

Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No Philippines?!?!?

Huh, interesting... As long as they don't turn around and throw it right back when they realize it's empty, right? That would be embarrassing...

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Shinigami357 said:
No Philippines?!?!?
Our rates of theft are actually pretty minuscule when compared to European countries. That's probably because people here don't make a living out of it and don't really have techniques or strategies for it. Unlike there, some people actually practice and such.

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
KingdomBlade said:
Shinigami357 said:
No Philippines?!?!?
Our rates of theft are actually pretty minuscule when compared to European countries. That's probably because people here don't make a living out of it and don't really have techniques or strategies for it. Unlike there, some people actually practice and such.

IIRC they don't just pickpocket here anymore... riding in tandem and such.

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Narayan said:
KingdomBlade said:
Shinigami357 said:
No Philippines?!?!?

IIRC they don't just pickpocket here anymore... riding in tandem and such.
But the rate of riding in tandem is very small. And it's still classified as pickpocketing.

QUOTE(klim28 @ Jun 6 2011, 10:44 PM)
OMG! Where is my beloved Philippines
frown.gif
Did you not read what I posted 2 minutes ago?

Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Relax, I was trolling. Still, you try going through Quiapo or other similar uber-populated and busy places, and say goodbye to your wallet. Of course, the same can be said of a lot of places.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Liverpool not on the list... me and mine have visited most of the places on that list and they did not rate compared to Liverpool for such things.

pkl2007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thought Vietnam would make it on the list my cousins say that they don't care about your well being so they ride on their motorbikes and snatch your stuff while riding pass(I have a Vietnamese background).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs