Misc transfer back from new to old alternative?

september796

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
As we know, it is not possible to perform a transfer from a new 3ds to an old 2ds/3ds.
Thing is I really need to do it cos I'm going to sell my new 3ds and gonna keep my old 2ds/3ds.
So I have this theory but I need some opinions on this:
-what I plan to do is format my new3ds with my nnid on it in order to 'unlink' them (I have made a backup of all of the sd card content)
-second, link my nnid into my old3ds and then copy the backup content into the sd card regular size for the old 3ds.

would it work?

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As we know, it is not possible to perform a transfer from a new 3ds to an old 2ds/3ds.
Thing is I really need to do it cos I'm going to sell my new 3ds and gonna keep my old 2ds/3ds.
So I have this theory but I need some opinions on this:
-what I plan to do is format my new3ds with my nnid on it in order to 'unlink' them (I have made a backup of all of the sd card content)
-second, link my nnid into my old3ds and then copy the backup content into the sd card regular size for the old 3ds.

would it work?
What your looking at would be no. Your NNID is linked to that console nintendo server side. You will get errors upon trying to use it with a second console. You would need to look at trying to contact nintendo, saying you lost or the console got damaged and they may set up a transfer to the new console serial number you provide.

september796

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
what about this method?

If I manage to unlink the nnid from my new3ds then I could link it back to my old console, right?

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
what about this method?

If I manage to unlink the nnid from my new3ds then I could link it back to my old console, right?

There is nothing you can do from your console. Its all nintendo server side that the NNID is registered to your console via the serial number. You can technically put the NNID on another system but your going to get errors saying its linked to the wrong console and cannot use it

Reactions: september796

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.