ROM Hack [Translation] Digimon World Re:Digitize Decode

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is the 3ds capable to play the game with hd texture?

It actually is, which kinda surprised me. But since it downscales everything to 3DS resolution again, this of course ends up looking not particularly much better than the vanilla version (although there is some minor improvement)

dizz00

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
It actually is, which kinda surprised me. But since it downscales everything to 3DS resolution again, this of course ends up looking not particularly much better than the vanilla version (although there is some minor improvement)
Is the hd patch size will be big? if it's small enough improvements is improvements.

Temet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
i've been following this project since october of 2016, after few months without news, it lifts my heart that it's not dead

Reactions: Natural

AttackOtter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would hope so since I checked the link and it works fine for me

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Let me give you one more :D

This is a WIP one and subject to change and while it runs on a real 3DS it doesn't look half as good as it does on a desktop.

But what if, someone decided that this game deserves more than the mushy textures we found ingame?

Well, this happens:
ezgif-5-93dbd37281.gif

Excuse me for the rather large pictures and the compression but I hope it still shows the idea :D

EDIT: This won't be part of the translation patch we will release but rather hosted separately (if at all) as a "HD Texture Pack" kind of thing.
might wanna use a different image host because the images are expired and give a 404 now.

kinlyki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I thought I remember seeing someone called Roxas showing off Re: Digitize's models in Noesis. Is anybody in the translation team capable of extracting the 3D models?

SydMontague

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I thought I remember seeing someone called Roxas showing off Re: Digitize's models in Noesis. Is anybody in the translation team capable of extracting the 3D models?

We understand how most of the model format works, but lack a proper exporter for them yet. A simple Obj with Vertices+UVs is possible, but we can't export stuff like rigging, material and animations yet.

It would require some work. ;)

kinlyki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
We understand how most of the model format works, but lack a proper exporter for them yet. A simple Obj with Vertices+UVs is possible, but we can't export stuff like rigging, material and animations yet.

It would require some work. ;)
When you say 'material', do you mean the textures?

Last edited by kinlyki,

mwahaha

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hello, sorry for bothering this thread. I played the original version on PSP years ago and would like to enjoy the extra content from this version, but from what I gathered, it seems this version is harder to edit than the psp version?

SydMontague

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
When you say 'material', do you mean the textures?

Materials are information that define the surface of the model. It's information on how the surface is supposed to react to light (e.g. shininess, roughness and more).
Textures are typically considered part of it, although it's not strictly the case in this game.

The textures themselves (i.e. the image files) we're able to im-/export, though.

I don't think we've posted anything model related yet. It would be up to Romsstar, but I don't think we have anything worth showing in that regard anyways.

kinlyki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Materials are information that define the surface of the model. It's information on how the surface is supposed to react to light (e.g. shininess, roughness and more).
Textures are typically considered part of it, although it's not strictly the case in this game.

The textures themselves (i.e. the image files) we're able to im-/export, though.

I don't think we've posted anything model related yet. It would be up to Romsstar, but I don't think we have anything worth showing in that regard anyways.
I would PM @Romsstar but I don't know how to do that on this forum. Too different to what I know.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1