Country
United States
Reactions: Natural

TheTrueDream42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you go to the blog that is listed in the OP and go to the 3rd post down you'll get a pretty good list of changes from Re:Digitized on the PSP.

Reactions: Natural

TheTrueDream42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: wownmnpare

BADDINOROX99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
even though I already have this on the PS Vita I'm still so pumped to get a release on my 3DS... it sucks to see that they lost a lot of progress due to their Hardware and stuff getting damaged

TheGuyMadeOfTofu

Trophies
XP
Country
So bad news, a ransomware attack affected both the their computer and the HDD backups connected to it, damaging the translation files in the process.

While they did have other backups, they estimate that they've lost 25% of everything, which while they are working hard on restoring it, it is still a major blow to the translation progress.

https://m.facebook.com/OperationDecoded/#!/story.php?story_fbid=1887119451618940&id=1639328009731420
I have a feeling that we wont be seeing this game anytime soon on this year.

Reactions: LunarD3ATH

ArtemisM

Kupo for Kupo Nuts
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So bad news, a ransomware attack affected both the their computer and the HDD backups connected to it, damaging the translation files in the process.

While they did have other backups, they estimate that they've lost 25% of everything, which while they are working hard on restoring it, it is still a major blow to the translation progress.

https://m.facebook.com/OperationDecoded/#!/story.php?story_fbid=1887119451618940&id=1639328009731420

Oh yes, a "ransomware attack" after having their patreon goal met :thinking:

SydMontague

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The ransomware actually happened quite a while ago, it was just discovered recently that it did more damage than previously though.

Also thanks for only assuming the worst, it's very much appreciated.

glong279

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
even though I already have this on the PS Vita I'm still so pumped to get a release on my 3DS... it sucks to see that they lost a lot of progress due to their Hardware and stuff getting damaged
I suppose you have a hacked Vita? If you don't mind me asking, have you played Hacker's Memory?

LunarD3ATH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yes, a "ransomware attack" after having their patreon goal met :thinking:
I don't mean to be negative, but all of the things in that post sound like one excuse after another.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume it's all true, but ask yourself if you would honestly believe all of this if someone you knew backed out of a party and didn't call you for two weeks then told you this story.

Just a string of bad luck it sounds like. Someone almighty must be angry at them.

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't mean to be negative, but all of the things in that post sound like one excuse after another.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume it's all true, but ask yourself if you would honestly believe all of this if someone you knew backed out of a party and didn't call you for two weeks then told you this story.

Just a string of bad luck it sounds like. Someone almighty must be angry at them.
encrypt2.png

Okay, do you see this? On the 07.04.2017 all these files, were attacked by this:

encrypt.png

Unfortunately Hermes 2.0 can NOT be decrypted, which means the files are physically present but they are all encrypted. Which means when you open the files you see only gibberish.
That's what happened. I assure you all the other things I mentioned are true as well.

If you are interested I can show you the check for the botched eye surgery which cost me 4800€, I can show you the hospital bills as well.

Last edited by Romsstar,

ArtemisM

Kupo for Kupo Nuts
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for being an asshole.

No offense @Romsstar but that's a very unprofessional and undignified way to speak to people. Of course people are going to say something, because people don't believe in coincidences on the internet. And honestly, yes - it does look pretty bogus.

But you know, that kind of attitude...those remarks, and the profanity speaks volumes in itself. Nobody was being an asshole and you owe them an apology.

I don't think you should be representing the project. Or are you going to call me an asshole too? :toot:

Also, file backups are a thing and are a staple of any fan project. Even back when I helped with DeJap stuff, there were always backups of backups. And all we had to work with were floppy disks. The amount of data supposedly lost is completely bewildering and unacceptable given the multitude of present-day file archival options. DVD, external drive, GDrive, Mega, other human beings, etc etc... even this cute lil' thing called FileTrip that's directly linked at the top of this page.

Last edited by ArtemisM,

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No offense @Romsstar but that's a very unprofessional and undignified way to speak to people. Of course people are going to say something, because people don't believe in coincidences on the internet. And honestly, yes - it does look pretty bogus.

But you know, that kind of attitude...those remarks, and the profanity speaks volumes in itself. Nobody was being an asshole and you owe them an apology.

I don't think you should be representing the project. Or are you going to call me an asshole too? :toot:

Also, file backups are a thing and are a staple of any fan project. Even back when I helped with DeJap stuff, there were always backups of backups. And all we had to work with were floppy disks. The amount of data supposedly lost is completely bewildering and unacceptable given the multitude of present-day file archival options. DVD, external drive, GDrive, Mega, other human beings, etc etc... even this cute lil' thing called FileTrip that's directly linked at the top of this page.

The only reason I posted here is because Gbatemp is the only page that didn't believe and supported us whileas NONE of the people on our Facebook page said even REMOTELY anything negative.
They had only sweet and loving words of support, because you know what, we've proven already that we're legit in the past...
I consider your posts rather rude and if accusing me of lying is not asshole-behaviour, I don't know what is. So yeah we have two assholes here and about 2000 super nice people on FB...

It's exactly people like you that made me abandon Gbatemp in the first place. Thank you for reminding me of that.

Also if you bothered to actually read my post you'd realize that we HAD backups but not everything could've been recovered. I also stated that it will take roughly 2 more weeks to restore what was lost.
I know for entitled people like you this might seem absurd that I dare to take my time with it, but this is a hobby which I was doing way before the Patreon and I will continue doing.

Last edited by Romsstar,

TheTrueDream42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Romsstar You know that there's only one jerk that posted on here to this right? The guy that you quoted only said that it looked suspicious, but ultimately was in agreement about what you said (he didn't say "not to negative" for nothing). Truthfully if someone was just casually seeing this thread pop up on the front page right now as it is and only check the OP and recent posts, and none of the links, then they would see:
1 The OP which has been "under construction" for 2 years now.
2 That the only activity in the last few months are "so is this sill alive?" posts and the people working on this haven't posted in months with news only recently being made by a random standby.
3 They're suddenly making a lot of money from patron and making promises in return.
4 Disaster happened making progress lost and a "delay" in the project.
They would be right in assuming that a slight possibility that something fishy could be up.

The other person was right in saying that you're response was too aggressive (the very last line of your fist post and a lot of your second) but they're the only one being negative in their posting on here, all the rest are in support or at least neutral. And if you don't like them, most people forget that all you have to do is click on their profile and then select "ignore", which should block them from posting in this thread too.

@ Everyone else Honestly, can we not scare off* the guy that's doing most of the stuff on the project, so that way he might come back and post updates, update the OP etc. instead of having random people not involved in the project or worse yet, no one at all posting for in their place.

* Scaring off meaning making a jerk post at him "or this post saying not be a jerk". You can respond if you want, but don't be a jerk about it, no matter how right you are.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Okay @Romsstar, here's the deal. You don't "own" this thread, you started it.
If you don't want to maintain it, then don't. No one is forcing you. We won't close or delete this thread though, since it is interesting for other people.
Hell, @TheTrueDream42 has been reporting on what happens over at your facebook page, where else should he report it?

This thread has over 142,000 views, so obviously it's interesting to some.

And to compare a 380,000 member forum, with a fan page with 3,000 followers - of course there will be more suspicious or negative comments on the forum. That's just logic.

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Looking forward to playing the game and lost evolution :) I hope you can get back in order...

BTW: if you were ransowared can't you ask the guy who did it if he couldn't decrypt/give you back your data? That is if they left a contact e-mail...
If it's not too much that might be payable with the Patreon...and you would get your data back faster...

ArtemisM

Kupo for Kupo Nuts
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Issac My bad. I'll own up to that. I just take offense when I merely state an opinion and get vitriol in return. It's insulting and suspicious.

Last edited by ArtemisM,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    A @ anotherthing: The Nintendo servers are going down in 9 days anyway.