Silent Hell

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DLC.png DLC1.pngdlc3.png minerva1.png
Round two, I guess.
Anyway, I don't really have much to say about this project other than it is a port of all the Japanese exclusive DLC. I recently picked up the project again as a hobby, so progress is very slow. I'm not even a diehard Fire Emblem fan. I'm literally doing this because I have nothing better to do between my gap year for school. Don't expect a fancy thread with cool spoilers and screenshots, either, as I am currently the sole editor/hacker as far as putting the text into the game.
Goals
The goal of this project is to translate and port the Japanese exclusive DLC for Fire Emblem fates which includes:
  • Hoshidan Festival of Bonds
  • Nohrian Festival of Bonds
  • Cipher Marth
  • Cipher Lucina
  • Cipher Minerva
Porting the DLC works as intended. All scripts and characters work without issues. All that's left is to translate everything into English. This means you can finally get some nice (and sexy) fan service and infinite Exalt's Brands and Hero's Brands as well as two unique accessories.

Most of the translations were a courtesy of the kind people here.

Additional translations by:
  • Serento
  • Timatre
  • Biohazardo

Past contributors:
  • Technickal

Special thanks:
  • SecretiveCactus
  • SciresM
  • Pegasusknight.com

I also used the services from Tigoris Translates for some of the trickier translations.

You can view the current progress on my google doc.
If you'd wish to help contribute in some way, I suppose you can hit me up on here or I left contact information in the doc.
I'll include an updated guide soon for porting/patching the DLC to the English version. I don't really have plans to do the same for the European version this time because, quite frankly, I just don't have the time or motivation. I might near the end of the project, but the process is basically identical to the US version.

About "localization"
Currently, my process with the DLC is to make it look and feel like it was a planned release all along. So the translations will maintain certain, but not all, changes in the localization such as the way certain characters speak (e.g. Rhajat, Peri, Dwyer). I also changed the names to Hoshidan Holiday and Nohrian Nightlife because I felt they meshed better with Fates's alliteration scheme for the DLC vs my original one. Plus, I don't really care for Spring and Fall scramble because it sounds generic as fuck. I'm also trying to maintain joke continuity, so changes made like Camilla singing Shiro a lullaby instead of cleaning his ears in the Japanese version will be carried over. However, I try to include censored bits as discreetly as I can, because I firmly believe a ton of the changes made by Treehouse were not for the better. So, I don't want to give off the impression I plan to turn this into SLAPPYFACE and RAWR. (So yeah, Kana WILL take a bath with Camilla before their hot spring scramble.)

If this post looks rushed and disorganized it's because it is, and I don't really care or have the time to fix it, lol.

Attachments

• plugin.rar
    96.5 KB · Views: 827
Last edited by Silent Hell,

thane98

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't help with this since I've got some other stuff I'm working on currently, but I'm excited to see how this turns out.

Silent Hell

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't help with this since I've got some other stuff I'm working on currently, but I'm excited to see how this turns out.
I understand. And to anyone who is interested but doesn't know how to rebuild the DLC, I'm not asking for you to test the script. I'll personally check all dialogue before I release the DLC. All I'm asking for is for people to translate the raw script.

Silent Hell

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I translated the accessory you get from the scramble and Exalt's Brand. I think that's all the text needing translation outside the E000 file. I also translated Shigure and Nina's Kimono text.
MKmABAm.png

saC4UD9.png

Silent Hell

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think from now on I'll just post a weekly update of the current progress in the project so that I don't clutter this thread with small updates. I think every Sunday should be good.

Anyway, all the kimono dialogue is done. I've also finished translating the intro. Next up I'll begin with the parent specific dialogue.
OUFlxOt.png

J107Qjj.png

14TjBL0.png

vy64Riz.png

ORveZY8.png

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This looks amazing! Can't wait to actually play this DLC! Can I just say that I love the color of Midori's hair in that picture.

Silent Hell

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This looks amazing! Can't wait to actually play this DLC! Can I just say that I love the color of Midori's hair in that picture.
Strangely enough I'm already technically 10% done with the Spring Scramble. It's weird to think considering there's like 550 lines of dialogue. Thankfully every line for male and female Corrin comes in triplets for the slightly varied "personalities" which translates to, I'm just gonna copy paste that because who cares.

The Fall Scramble has half as many lines of dialogue but I chose to start with the Spring Scramble because why not start with the hardest one first? It'll only make the other half less daunting.

Even so, I wouldn't get too excited over its release because that's still gonna be a while away.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Strangely enough I'm already technically 10% done with the Spring Scramble. It's weird to think considering there's like 550 lines of dialogue. Thankfully every line for male and female Corrin comes in triplets for the slightly varied "personalities" which translates to, I'm just gonna copy paste that because who cares.

The Fall Scramble has half as many lines of dialogue but I chose to start with the Spring Scramble because why not start with the hardest one first? It'll only make the other half less daunting.

Even so, I wouldn't get too excited over its release because that's still gonna be a while away.
Oh I can definitely understand getting the hardest part done first. I'm excited for it, mostly because this is a thing, and I can wait patiently for the release. I just need my endless supply of Exalt's Brands. ;---;

D

Deleted User

Awesome!
Will this be compatible with the North American and European versions?

Silent Hell

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome!
Will this be compatible with the North American and European versions?
I can rebuild it with the European DLC so yeah. And all the screenshots I've taken ARE from the NA version which is the whole point of the project. I guess this is more of a port translation project.

Reactions: Deleted User

Silent Hell

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright so, I've almost finished Shiro. I still need to translate his dialogue with Camilla, Elise, and Setsuna, then it's off to Kiragi.
sMHoDKv.png

1jg8Aha.png

TrkdGSf.png

lvSQfYZ.png

EDIT: I've since added a comma between fight and but
vdhYoja.png

EDIT: This sentence is grammatically incorrect. It should be "every one" but that won't fit so I'll change it to "all."
gFPzmYF.png

bnVC6u1.png

KbtBrvk.png

lwws0XD.png

di2nINd.png

EDIT: This sentence is also incorrect. The proper phrase is, "The day has come when" FIXED.

TsUnDeReAznGuY

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool. Are you using the already translated Child-parent dialogues or you gonna translate everything(xd). Nvm ignore this lol didn't read the OP lol. Hope this goes well. Same here tight on time with modding my own game atm. I might help after I am done with it.

Last edited by TsUnDeReAznGuY,

Silent Hell

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool. Are you using the already translated Child-parent dialogues or you gonna translate everything(xd).
How do you mean? If you're asking if I'm translating these myself then no. Sadly I don't know Japanese. The only reason I began the project was because that tumblr page was near completion and I know how to hack.

HOWEVER!
I'm not just copy pasting their stuff. A lot of their translations are very wordy and have needless words or are translated in a way that is hard to understand the intention behind some of the dialogue.

So using their translations as a base, I'm "localizing" the text to not only fit in with the personalities/accents of the localized characters, but have changed some of their dialogue to match what I believe was the original scripts intention.

So, think of this as a localization while preserving the intent of the original script.

EDIT: A great example would be the Shiro/Hana screenshot I posted. The tumblr translation says "Our family is competitive" But when you throw the original japanese into Google translate it spits out "Mother and son hate losing" or something along those lines. Also if you look at the context of the her whole speech it's obvious the line is REALLY trying to convey they're sore losers. So I translated it that way and it flows better.

Luuacks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Great work dude. I look forward to the release of this, whenever that might be. Considering how tedious it seems to be slow and steady seems like a good pace to be at.

vinstage

sweg
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
EDIT: This sentence is also incorrect. The proper phrase is, "The day has come when" FIXED.
Hey, I'm pretty sure the original is actually correct, "The day has come where..." when wouldn't make sense as it's a past tense and future.

when
wɛn/
adverb
adverb: when
  1. 1.
    at what time.
    "when did you last see him?"
    • how soon.
      "when can I see you?"
    • in what circumstances.
      "when would such a rule be justifiable?"
adverb
adverb: when
  1. 1.
    at or on which (referring to a time or circumstance).
    "Saturday is the day when I get my hair done"
conjunction
conjunction: when
  1. 1.
    at or during the time that.
    "I loved maths when I was at school"
    • after.
      "call me when you've finished"
    • at any time that; whenever.
      "can you spare five minutes when it's convenient?"
  2. 2.
    after which; and just then (implying suddenness).
    "he had just drifted off to sleep when the phone rang"
  3. 3.
    in view of the fact that; considering that.
    "why bother to paint it when you can photograph it with the same effect?"
  4. 4.
    although; whereas.
    "I'm saying it now when I should have told you long ago"
Origin: Google

Silent Hell

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I'm pretty sure the original is actually correct, "The day has come where..." when wouldn't make sense as it's a past tense and future.
I could have sworn that the original phrase implies the end times. Sarcastically of course. The "end times" has come "when" my son wants to discuss art with me. Of course it's not the most important thing in the world but I'll look into it.

vinstage

sweg
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
I could have sworn that the original phrase implies the end times. Sarcastically of course. The "end times" has come "when" my son wants to discuss art with me. Of course it's not the most important thing in the world but I'll look into it.
Ah I see! Yeah, that makes more sense... the phrase "The day has come when my son wants to discuss art with me" just didn't make sense to me, but with the backstory you've given it makes more sense ha ha.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol