notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
I have a 3.x kernel exploit.

Obviously I'll be poking to see if I can get TZhax on 3.x soon though
Praise you for trying. :)

In the meantime I'll act as the deterrent example by admitting that I did update to 3.0.0 on the very day your quote was circulated, that you got TZhax on 2.x - largely because of three guys standing on the 34c3 stage telling everyone, that 3.0.0 is where its at, if you dont have a 1.x device. The pain is real. Playing one round of SMW doesnt make up for it.

Also the whole "letting information trickle out via lurkers on discord" thing - turns out not to be the best information distribution method ever conceived.

Last edited by notimp,

operador7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
If u are on 3.0.0 just update to the lates one.. only hardware modification from tx will be the solution, incredible that one who said to update was Pluto,. He is a genius anyways but..
bit disappointed with my self I should update from the start.

operador7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Give it time. Not too long ago 2.x didn't have trustzone and some knowledgeable yahoos (who should know better) convinced people to update to 3.0 and look where we are now.

Most probably In the end it will be able too, on 3.0.0 but I don’t think before tx solution..

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
@Mike_Heskin tweeted this three days ago:

Mike Heskin‏ @hexkyz 13. Jan.
REMINDER: Switch homebrew will be firmware 3.0.0 only for quite a while. Future hacks belong to an uncertain future and homebrew development will begin and be maintained on firmware 3.0.0 for as long as necessary.

Just so that plutoos recommendation doesnt look too bad from a current point of view. They have to start setting up a baseline somewhere.

Of course with lower firmwares emunand could emulate 3.0.0 - which we know of since yesterday..

Reactions: operador7

M-Gardevoir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
3.0.2 still waiting so.

Sadly my Switch came out with 2.3 but i've updated because i wanted to play Odyssey so bad !

Well that and Zelda was the reason why i've buyed a Switch so...
Also i hope something like Android will be ported to the Switch. I don't think it's impossible after all...

For piracy, welp, couldn't care less because i buy every game i like. Hope some spectacular homebrew will came out to this beautiful and powerful machine (still high-end 2018 hardware).

Thanks to everything Nintendo hacker dev, like the 3DS, you really make the scene shining. À certain Qwertz and the other Twitter wannabeimportant should take some notes from you guys.

Last edited by M-Gardevoir,
Reactions: operador7

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3.0.2 still waiting so.

Sadly my Switch came out with 2.3 but i've updated because i wanted to play Odyssey so bad !

Well that and Zelda was the reason why i've buyed a Switch so...
Also i hope something like Android will be ported to the Switch. I don't think it's impossible after all...

For piracy, welp, couldn't care less because i buy every game i like. Hope some spectacular homebrew will came out to this beautiful and powerful machine (still high-end 2018 hardware).

Thanks to everything Nintendo hacker dev, like the 3DS, you really make the scene shining. À certain Qwertz and the other Twitter wannabeimportant should take some notes from you guys.
Don't update. SciresM has kernel on 3.0.2.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That's why you get the means to update (Pokken), but don't do so until there's something worthwile released. Haven't touched my 2.3.0 console since I bought it.
Although I feel sick for not staying on 2.3.0 I'm "only" on 3.0.0 now so I guess I should be fine.
What's the actual difference in functionality of TZ on 2.x vs just kernel on 3.0?
Dunno tbh. At least they said at 3C34 that the TZ is pretty much of no interest for hacking purposes. Also @SciresM has a kernel exploit for 3.0.0 (theoretically up to 3.0.2) which he plans to release bundled with a CFW at some point and I don't know what I would want more than a CFW except having a CFW auto booting even from a coldboot.

Justin20020

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sooner or later will be there a bootrom exploit like the 3ds. I‘m on 4.1 because to use the switch. I feel kind of happy if we can use hbl on 4.1 later. I can play snes roms or whatever on the go :D

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Give it time. Not too long ago 2.x didn't have trustzone and some knowledgeable yahoos (who should know better) convinced people to update to 3.0 and look where we are now.

Those "yahoos" don't care for piracy.
They want to implement stable homebrew platform for everyone to enjoy.
Not for pirate kiddies to satisfy their need.

Besides, you got a choice to update or not, hell you even got the choice to go for homebrew or not.
Don't go blame them for your mistakes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs